Notifications
Clear all

Pitted Scarring

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 11/14/2014 1:32 pm

So here are my scars.. from my knowledge Im guessing with these type of scars the best treatment will be acceptance. I did see some great improvement in peoples enlarged pores/ice pits from treatments like tca cross,excision and co2 lasers i don't know if it can do the same for me :/  IMG_0247_Fotor.jpg

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 11/14/2014 3:55 pm

use derm roller, that is ez fix

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 11/15/2014 12:25 pm

i wish it was a 'Ez fix' lol

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 11/25/2014 2:05 am

I'm thinking excision or tca cross which one is more safe or beneficial in my caseIMG_0361.PNG

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 11/25/2014 6:00 am

wtf are you me????

I have the exact same scarring but also on my nose and forehead, I got it from going for a facial aswell and the women used that blackhead tool and destroyed my skin while removing the blackheads.

im looking into treatments at the moment. Are you in the UK?

Im thinking of going down the fraxal + recell route as i do not want to waste thousands of pounds on lighter treatments that wont offer any significant improvement.

MemberMember
(@determinedtowin)

Posted : 11/25/2014 7:25 am

You look like you just have enlarged pores to be honest

rick911 liked
MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 11/25/2014 8:33 am

That is not scarring.

That is enlarged pores.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 11/25/2014 8:57 am

Enlarged pores are scars, you can see his normal skin texture isnt like that.

Some people have larger pores genetically but you can clearly see they are scarred/ enlarged in his cheeks. Same exact thing happened to my skin.

Hopefully they can be treated effectively, would retin A make a difference?

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 11/25/2014 10:29 am

I personally think some of the smaller ones could be classified as 'enlarged pores' but the larger ones are just either ice pick scars or maybe boxcars because of the weird shape.. And @cookingENG I'm located in the United States so I don't even have ReCell as a option

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 11/26/2014 6:56 pm

Iv heard that retin a can makes pores bigger? Will recell be the answer to this as I have similar scarring

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/26/2014 9:14 pm

These are scarred pores. If they flatten/improve with manual stretching of the area, they can benefit from lasers/needling. But the risks out weigh the benefits in my opinion. Some people have issues with orange peel-like texture after having laser resurfacing done and since this is sort of what you have right now I wouldn't go for that. You could try the dermapen and see if that works for you, but likely won't see results for at least 8 months (using it every 6 weeks). Collagen takes time to build.

One big suggestion I have is to use a foundation primer to fill and and smooth over the texture. It makes a HUGE difference for these kinds of scars. You don't have to actually wear foundation over it, just the primer. No one will know you're wearing anything because it's 100% clear. If you still get acne though you may want to be careful because it can contribute to the formation of acne.

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/26/2014 10:01 pm

I am using manuka honey cream for my acne and acne scar. Natural manuka cream contains jojoba oil and its nice to the skin because of its gentle nature.It also helps reduce the appearance of acne scars.

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 11/26/2014 10:46 pm

These are scarred pores. If they flatten/improve with manual stretching of the area, they can benefit from lasers/needling. But the risks out weigh the benefits in my opinion. Some people have issues with orange peel-like texture after having laser resurfacing done and since this is sort of what you have right now I wouldn't go for that. You could try the dermapen and see if that works for you, but likely won't see results for at least 8 months (using it every 6 weeks). Collagen takes time to build.

One big suggestion I have is to use a foundation primer to fill and and smooth over the texture. It makes a HUGE difference for these kinds of scars. You don't have to actually wear foundation over it, just the primer. No one will know you're wearing anything because it's 100% clear. If you still get acne though you may want to be careful because it can contribute to the formation of acne.

thanks for the advice i currently use dermaflage to cover up the big ones and it really makes a big difference but i don't want to keep hiding them you mentioned needling and lasers but what about tca cross could that help since it rebuilds collagen

Iv heard that retin a can makes pores bigger? Will recell be the answer to this as I have similar scarring

I have the same question i was using it before but read that it can make the problem worse so i just stopped not to risk things but i also heard that it can actually help to keep them clean and rebuilds collagen so I'm not sure myself

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/26/2014 10:50 pm

I also use dermaflage and it works well since it's silicone based, as are foundation primers. The silicone is what fills and and blurs the scars. :)

TCA cross should really only be used on actual ice pick scars. You could try having it done but I'd only try it on one scar first because that could make it much deeper.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 11/27/2014 3:42 am

I found it impossible to use dermaflage and have it not look obvious that there was a film on my skin. For me, the oil-free Miracle Blur primer from Loreal is actually pretty good. It won't cover up deep scars, but it will smooth out pores and blur the jaggedness of some scars, if that makes sense. It does give a sort of airbrushed effect to the skin, and plus it's essentially invisible so it's nice for guys.

Mandy, where can we get this manuka honey mentioned in your 79 posts?

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 11/27/2014 10:39 am

im trying retin a for 6 months before going in for fraxal + recell.

theres got to be some success stories on this forum for this type of scarring?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/27/2014 2:38 pm

actually he has about 4-6 ice pick scars

tca cross will help or punch excision

MemberMember
(@superjoefly)

Posted : 12/02/2014 2:39 am

TCA Cross for the ice picks, dermarolling and tca peel for the pores.

lenlenlen liked
MemberMember
(@lenlenlen)

Posted : 12/30/2014 8:52 pm

Go for TCA cross. Heard lots of success stories, if not all. :)

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/31/2014 12:17 am

microneedling would be a no brainer.

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 12/31/2014 11:08 am

you think microneedling could help ?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 12/31/2014 9:22 pm

Yes, 1.5-2mm done to the point of bleeding, 6 weeks apart for 6 months.

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 12/31/2014 11:03 pm

Yes, 1.5-2mm done to the point of bleeding, 6 weeks apart for 6 months.

Don't you have to prep skin before going to such a deep length?

MemberMember
(@tothemoonandback)

Posted : 01/01/2015 2:05 pm

Use numbing cream and sanitize the needles, but that's about it.

If you exfoliate your face with a light chemical peel a week before that'd be nice, too.

MemberMember
(@faithhope)

Posted : 01/02/2015 3:27 pm

I would definitely do dermastamping. I have found it super beneficial to use oil on my skin too. I actually use the tanning oil, it comes in a brown bottle from Walgreens and it's a bout 6 dollars . It's awesome! It has a bunch of natural oils in it.