Notifications
Clear all

Do Some Red Marks Never Fade Completely?

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/13/2014 3:32 pm

Do any of you have red marks that have faded significantly, yet has stayed permanently on your face in a dulled down form? Is it possible for the red marks to only fade up to a certain point and then stop, or do all red marks fade completely?

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:36 pm

Does anyone have any answers?

MemberMember
(@mille211)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:04 pm

I have the same issue. I have had some red marks last years. I am trying the v beam to get rid of them.

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:34 pm

They can be removed completely over time. I have a lot of red marks and acne scar on my face because my skin is really prone to acne. I've been using manuka honey for a month now and I can notice some marks are gone and hopefully it will completely fade.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:41 pm

I've had what I thought was hyper pigmentation for years after cystic acne. Turns out most of them are flat scars that somewhat resemble hyper pigmentation, but under bad lighting are ever so slightly "pitted". It's scar tissue, which can be flat (or almost flat) and a slightly different color than the rest of the skin. Mine are a weird gray-ish purple tone that looks dull and unhealthy. Cystic acne damages the skin and even if you aren't with true pitted scarring, you're almost always left with dull skin/scar tissue. Remember that after any injury, your skin is NEVER as healthy as it was before.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/14/2014 12:12 am

Hmm...well my red marks fluctuate wildly. They have faded a lot and some days are almost gone, but other days seem darker (like when I am flushed). So they couldnt be scars could they? As scars are unchanging...

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/14/2014 1:17 am

They can change in appearance from day to day. When I first wake up for example mine are almost gone, then later in the idea when my face isnt as bloated they are back. It looks more like a persistent shadow on my skin than anything else.

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/14/2014 1:35 pm

Yeah I guess because water retention while you sleep makes any indents less noticeable. Would you say they have faded much over the years, or stayed largely the same?

MemberMember
(@moonchild11)

Posted : 11/14/2014 2:00 pm

Do you mind sending me a picture? I am just curious as to whether this is what I have

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/14/2014 9:08 pm

Stayed the same unfortunately. I use skin plumping topicals now to help make them less noticeable and it makes a huge difference. I can send you a picture, I also have one in my gallery but it's only one side of my face and not sure you can tell what I'm talking about it. Most of my flat scars are around my mouth, but look like hyper pigmentation in pictures.