Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Had Success With Raised Scars?

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/13/2014 2:24 pm

Hi im desperate for help. I have cystic acne and lately when ive had a cyst and its gone down its left a soft raised bump on my chin. They feel like my normal skin. Are they damaged glands? The skin is almost paper like on top. No one knows what they are. If you stretch the skin out you can see each one has a purple dot in the middle. Can you see through scar tissue? If they are hypertrophic scars what can i do to treat them? I want them cauterised but not sure if to go ahead. Dermatologist just keeps saying lets get acne under control then we will have a look. I dont want to take accutane incase i have a bad break out and end up with a face full. Please please help.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 11/13/2014 2:39 pm

I don't think these are scars. Whenever I get a cyst that never really comes to a head I'm left with what you're describing. It always takes a while to go away, but they eventually do. I think it might be residual cyst or swelling/ damage from the cyst that takes time to heal (at least in my case).

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/13/2014 3:53 pm

Ive had them about 4 month after the cyst. Its wiered cause im sure they change size. Sometimes they look bigger etc.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 11/13/2014 4:21 pm

I've had raised bumps on my chin for the last few years and have tried everything to get rid of them and nothing not even peels or laser seems to work. I will be having Dermabrasion on my entire chin area in January to have the area smoothed out. I believe its the only thing that will really work. Good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/07/2014 8:12 am

Hey tracey521 thanks for the info on my posts. Just wondering are the bumps on your chin hard? Ive had cautery done on one and it looks a lot smaller. When i stretch the skin i can see a purple dot in the middle. Surely you cant see through scar tissue? X

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/08/2014 10:00 am

the bumps on my chin are not hard they feel just like my skin but raised if that makes any sense. i dont know about the purple dot maybe its just a leftover bump form a cyst or something? i just wish there was something to use on the skin that would just smooth out all that scarring i dont get why its so hard to find something that works.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/08/2014 4:17 pm

Hey tracey521 thanks for your help. Sounds like we have a similar problem. Im not sure its scaring though. I think when weve had cysts the skins stretched too much and damaged the pore so it cant go back to normal. Have you tried cautery? I know theres a risk of an indent. Normally scar tissue is hardwhen its raised. Have you tried cortisone injections? I might have to get dermabrasion too. Am a bit scared though x

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/08/2014 4:40 pm

i have been to numerous derms and they have told me its raised scarring which is odd because i never had much acne at all in that area of my chin. it literally just appeared one day and it feels like normal raised skin that is more of a whitish color. i had cautery done on a few of them and it left holes in the area that filled up a bit but never the entire way. i was way too paranoid to try it again on the other raised scars. they wont do cortisone injections because the area isnt raised enough its more like a wavy whitish line of scarring if that makes any sense. i am scared of dermabrasion as well but after trying erbium yag, co2 laser twice and fraxel as well as chemical peels there is really no option left. ugh!! this all makes me so depressed because its in like the worst spot.

plastic surgeon that will be doing the dermabrasion said he isnt sure if it will totally remove the scars but that it will smooth it down a lot. he felt the area and said that its in the dermis so he can only do so much. he wants to do my entire chin because i have raised scarring on the other side as well but its not as bad and as noticeable. he will go over the raised scars first and level them with my skin then do a light dermabrasion over the rest of my chin to blend it and then feather it out so that you dont see a line where it stopped.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/09/2014 12:50 pm

Mine are like individual spots. They look just like pimples. I have 3. One was quite big had that cauterised and it left a pin prick indent doesnt look too bad. The others are small but always there. They just look awful. I look spotty even when im not. I think id rather have a couple of indents. I got mine cauterised by advanced electrolysis which is a bit more controlled and the needles tiny. When the plastic surgeon said your bumps are the epidermis what does that mean? That they are quite deep? I so hope this works for you. Ill keep everything crossed for you. When in january are you getting it done? Is it expensive? X

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/09/2014 4:07 pm

yeah mine started out more like individual bumps and kind of morphed into this wavy line of scarring. it really is the oddest thing in many ways they look more like burn scars. ugh! they stand out so much I hate them and when I smile it just makes them look even worse -blah! the surgeon said they are in the dermis so yeah that means they are deep in there. i think he can smooth things out as best as he can but since the collagen underneath is so damaged i don't think it will ever look like how it did before which blows. i am only 37 i feel like i have my entire life and having to live like this really blows! i am going to try for January 14th or 15th i gotta call to book it there is an issue with me taking spiro before the anesthesia so i have to beg the doctor to just numb up my chin and do it. fun fun!

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/11/2014 2:33 am

Hello

I'm having success treating hypertrophic scars on my chest, at home!

With dermapen. I've done 2 sessions so far and seen about 20-30% improvement!

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/11/2014 10:55 am

hey skyblue2073 what does the dermapen do? does it reorganize the scar tissue so that it lays flatter? i thought those were only used for atrophic scars. have any pics? thanks!

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/11/2014 4:55 pm

Im interested in the dermapen too. How did you do it?

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/11/2014 8:51 pm

@tracy521 Microneedling stimulates collagen production that's honestly all I know, I also thought it was only for sunken scars but I was proved wrong.

@zero1977 Not sure what you mean. The procedure? Place the pen on top of the scar after numbing your skin, needles while pick your scar. How did I get the pen? I bought it on Ebay along with numbing cream and hyaluronic acid to place on the scar after treatment.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/12/2014 9:31 am

@tracy521 Microneedling stimulates collagen production that's honestly all I know, I also thought it was only for sunken scars but I was proved wrong.

@zero1977 Not sure what you mean. The procedure? Place the pen on top of the scar after numbing your skin, needles while pick your scar. How did I get the pen? I bought it on Ebay along with numbing cream and hyaluronic acid to place on the scar after treatment.

yeah i know it stimulates collagen production which is what i would worry about i would think it would just make more collagen and make the scar bigger so you are saying its smaller now?

MemberMember
(@skyblue2073)

Posted : 12/12/2014 8:19 pm

@tracy521 yeah, I've done it twice and got great improvement on both times, like I said 20-30% reduction, and hopefully I will continue improving after each session until I banish these bump for good:-)

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/14/2014 2:29 pm

I also thought that increasing collagen would make raised scars worse. Hey tracey521 have you ever used a tape with cortisone on. I think its called Halean tape in UK. Im also 37 and i dont think ive ever been so down or self conscious. Its ruined everything. If you ever want to talk just message me. Maybe we could help each other x

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 12/14/2014 9:02 pm

I would definitely try tamanu oil for raised scars...even indented ones, but raised especially. After using it for a bit now I see how it works to exfoliate off the scar tissue and renew the new skin flatter. It may take some time, but I can see that it works. Just be careful on using it all over your face until you know how your skin can react. It tends to have a drying effect on my face after I remove the oil. It can be mixed with other oils to avoid that. But for spot treating raised bumps like you say you have, I think it would be great applied straight, maybe twice a day. Get unrefined organic.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 12/15/2014 10:35 am

Hi Tricia do you just leave the oil on your skin? Do you rub it in. Ive tried tea tree oil it didnt do any thing.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 12/15/2014 10:49 am

I also thought that increasing collagen would make raised scars worse. Hey tracey521 have you ever used a tape with cortisone on. I think its called Halean tape in UK. Im also 37 and i dont think ive ever been so down or self conscious. Its ruined everything. If you ever want to talk just message me. Maybe we could help each other x

i dont think i have ever heard of that tape. did you ever try it? thats crazy how we are the same age and yeah this scarring really is tough to deal with and i just hate it. ugh! i will message you sure thank you for the kind words