Notifications
Clear all

Skin Looks Horrible When Sunlight Is Shining Through Window

MemberMember
(@napalmflare)

Posted : 11/13/2014 11:52 am

If I have the light off in the bathroom and the sun is shining on my face all of my flaws and scars show up and I want to curl up and a ball and cry.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/13/2014 12:05 pm

I find that natural sunlight and fluorescent lighting are the worst for accentuating every little flaw. You are not alone there! *HUGS*

MemberMember
(@marbleartist)

Posted : 11/13/2014 12:16 pm

This is the reason why I never do anything during the day. With people, at least. I do lots of things by myself in my house, but that is it for during the day.

It took me all of the energy in the world to go out hiking with my girlfriend the other day. I was worried so much about her seeing the acne that I had.

MemberMember
(@zero1977)

Posted : 11/13/2014 2:31 pm

Honestly guys im the same, im 37 and mirrors and cameras are my worst enemy. I avoid them at alk cost as i have a panoc attack when i see myself. Wish we could all stay in a little comunity and our acne wouldnt bother us. We are beautiful people. My ex had bad acne and i thought he was gorgeous. Dont know what he thought about me but he never seemed to mind x

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/13/2014 2:40 pm

Always remember too, that we are our own worst critics. I know hearing "you barely even have acne!" or "I can't even tell!" doesn't help (infact, sometimes it can make you feel worse)¦ but I always try to remind myself that when I look in the mirror, the spots are what I'm looking for. They're what I go to the mirror and focus on. When others look at you, they aren't doing the same thing. They may notice them, but it's a fleeting thought. They don't walk up to you thinking they're going to look for and fixate on your spots.

Though always easier said than done, try and take some comfort in reminding yourself of that! :)

MemberMember
(@maryc)

Posted : 11/13/2014 5:58 pm

The other day I was just thinking about how bad my acne is, comparing with others who have acne too. I was like ''their acne does not look so bad, I am disgusting, etc., etc.'' and then I just realized that it is because I focus on mine and I don't mind others' acne. I know a couple of persons with pretty bad scars and I know they hate it, but I still think they are beautiful people. It is so true that we are our worst judges!!