Need Help - Redness...

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help - Redness Underneath Eye

MemberMember
(@pullmeunder)

Posted : 11/12/2014 2:53 pm

I use the acne.org regimen morning and night. I think I wasn't careful enough some time when applying the BP underneath the eye area, but I am not positively sure this was the cause. It is very noticeable off camera, to other people.

Pictures:

How can I get this redness to go away, and what is it?

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/12/2014 11:27 pm

At night I would put calendula ointment on it to heal it and in the morning put pure aloe on it to soothe it and help with redness. You can get them at health food stores.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@pullmeunder)

Posted : 11/13/2014 12:38 am

Okay, thank you. How long do you think it will take to heal? And what is this redness exactly? I am 80% sure the acne.org BP caused it to happen, because I wasn't careful enough when avoiding the eye area.

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 11/13/2014 11:30 am

To me it just looks like a mild irratation burn. That happened to me when I scrubbed my face and then put on a mud mask. The calendula should really help. You could it on 10x a day if you want and it would go away faster. You don't have to get just get the ointment either. It comes in a cream or a salve. Really handy stuff to have around. I bet it would be gone in a couple days. If not I'd have it looked at.

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/14/2014 12:13 am

reporting in!! i have the same shit on chin right now!! its 3rd day and its still there!

just did the salycic acid peel n its still there. one morning apeared out of noweere btw.

so idkk!!! apply whatever!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/14/2014 2:08 pm

Yeah, the eye area can be very sensitive, and perhaps some BP traveled there when moisturizing too. Just keep the area moisturized, and Psychokitty also has some good suggestions for things to try that may be soothing too. Jojoba oil can also help add extra moisture and soothing power if you have any. But the redness should go away, just give it a little time. :)

MemberMember
(@pullmeunder)

Posted : 12/23/2014 12:52 am

Here's a follow-up. I used Neosporin on it before bed for 3 nights, and it has cleared up. smile.png