Notifications
Clear all

Aha+

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 11/11/2014 5:21 pm

Hi, this is just a quick question before I start using AHA (as a trial) in my acne.org regimen.

Has anybody used this product who has sensitive skin? As in the complete regimen can leave me with a dry neck/ sometimes face ( can be slightly embarrassing but beats acne hands down). I'm going to trial run AHA in the next few days and I'd like some peoples' advice or guidance.

Thanks in advance

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/12/2014 9:53 am

If you have sensitive skin, go easy with it. Maybe introduce just a pea sized blob one night and see how your skin reacts. The AHA lotion is very versatile so you can use as much or as little as you need or can tolerate.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/12/2014 11:58 am

broke me out like a bitch

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 11/12/2014 5:38 pm

broke me out like a bitch

That's not what I want to hear! Did you keep using it?

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 11/14/2014 12:52 am

If you have sensitive skin try Lac Hydrin 5 first! I also have extremely sensitive skin and 10% glycolic acid really broke me out before. Lac Hydrin is lactic acid (much more gentle and in my opinion more superior) and it's only a 5% lotion. It's one of the alternative drug store products you can buy for the regimen and it's at CVS for only like $12. You can also work your way up to the glycolic one..

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 11/14/2014 1:13 pm

If you have sensitive skin try Lac Hydrin 5 first! I also have extremely sensitive skin and 10% glycolic acid really broke me out before. Lac Hydrin is lactic acid (much more gentle and in my opinion more superior) and it's only a 5% lotion. It's one of the alternative drug store products you can buy for the regimen and it's at CVS for only like $12. You can also work your way up to the glycolic one..

Thanks for the heads up, i've started using aha mix with my moisturiser every other night. Slowly going to increase the usage as the weeks go on. If it's too harsh i'll give the Lac Hydrin a go.

MemberMember
(@aldomg)

Posted : 11/17/2014 8:50 pm

If you have very sensitive skin just use a little, my skin is sensitive aswell but when I use a lot my skin gets irritated for the next 2 days and also a not good looking texture. But it works to remove hyperpigmentation, if you dont suffer that problem at all you should avoid it or just test it to see how you react.

MemberMember
(@erica03)

Posted : 11/29/2014 12:37 am

I ACCIDENTALLY PUT ON WAAAAY TOO MUCH ON MY FIRST DAY AND IT BURNS. IM TOO SCARED TO TAKE IT OFF BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO IRRITATE MY SKIN AND IM NOT SURE WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO!! HELP!!!

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 12/01/2014 10:05 am

I ACCIDENTALLY PUT ON WAAAAY TOO MUCH ON MY FIRST DAY AND IT BURNS. IM TOO SCARED TO TAKE IT OFF BECAUSE I DONT WANT TO IRRITATE MY SKIN AND IM NOT SURE WHAT IM SUPPOSED TO DO!! HELP!!!

Wooow, sorry for the late response. I'd have washed it off!!! Was your face red the next day?

MemberMember
(@erica03)

Posted : 12/01/2014 5:18 pm

Wooow, sorry for the late response. I'd have washed it off!!! Was your face red the next day?

No it was okay, it ended being fine, but it burned like helllll

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 12/02/2014 1:28 pm

No it was okay, it ended being fine, but it burned like helllll

Oh shit, no pain no gain, haha.

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/05/2014 6:09 am

I'm starting to doubt this product.

I got the AHA for the sake of assisting in fading acne marks. Havent made much progress on that.

This doesnt absorb very easily and just stays sticky on my face. Is this normal?

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 12/05/2014 12:36 pm

I got the AHA for the sake of assisting in fading acne marks. Havent made much progress on that.

This doesnt absorb very easily and just stays sticky on my face. Is this normal?

How long have you been using it for? Like BP, it takes some time to see results there is no quick fix, otherwise none of us would be here!

As for the stickiness, some have reported this, so yes I would say it's normal. Have you been using it on its own? I find that mixing it with my moisturizer helps it to absorb better.

MemberMember
(@stroking-out)

Posted : 12/06/2014 11:53 am

I also mix it with the moisturiser, it's not sticky on my face but doesn't absorb dead quick, however I use it before bed so I couldn't say it really bothers me. Are you using it every day?

MemberMember
(@hound)

Posted : 12/07/2014 12:22 am

I also mix it with the moisturiser, it's not sticky on my face but doesn't absorb dead quick, however I use it before bed so I couldn't say it really bothers me. Are you using it every day?

I used to apply twice or three times a week, but now I'm trying it out daily because I don't get the stinging sensation that most people say they get, so I figured my skin is a bit thick for this particular product.