Notifications
Clear all

Need Some Encouragement. Getting Impatient Waiting For Birth Control Dianette To Work

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/11/2014 1:00 pm

Been on Dianette now for 4 months and 1 week to try and clear up my hormonal acne. Cleared before with Yasmin however this stopped working after a couple of years, so now i'm trying Dianette. Really losing hope with Dianette. I've had many clear spells which last a week to 10 days, which are encouraging, however i feel like every time this happens i break out all over again and its so so so dissapointing. Really really would love to speak to someone whos been on Dianette or is currently on it :)

MemberMember
(@cindybuzz)

Posted : 11/11/2014 2:25 pm

I was on Dianette for 18 months (coincidentally I just wrote a review for it!) and I didn't have amazing results. It did calm it down a little, I think after about 3 months.

If you're not having much luck, I'd highly recommend Cilest. This completely cleared any remaining acne I had up (as I took a break from Epiduo which also helped greatly) after only a few weeks - it's the first contraceptive pill I've tried that works over a span of 8 years. Unfortunately after 3 months I have to come off Cilest as I had really bad water retention and couldn't deal with it :( But many people haven't had the water retention so you might not :)

I'm now switching to Yasmin, fingers crossed it works the same!

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 11/11/2014 3:43 pm

I would recommend Mononessa (also goes by Orth Tri-Cyclen) if you are looking to control or clear your acne.

My acne used to be crazy! But having been on Mononessa for about six months now, I've noticed it stays under control and my monthly breakouts are minimal. I've had a lot of luck with this pill, and would suggest it to you (or at least ask your doctor about it!).

PS - I haven't noticed any side effects with this one either!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/14/2014 10:50 am

I was on Dianette for 18 months (coincidentally I just wrote a review for it!) and I didn't have amazing results. It did calm it down a little, I think after about 3 months.

If you're not having much luck, I'd highly recommend Cilest. This completely cleared any remaining acne I had up (as I took a break from Epiduo which also helped greatly) after only a few weeks - it's the first contraceptive pill I've tried that works over a span of 8 years. Unfortunately after 3 months I have to come off Cilest as I had really bad water retention and couldn't deal with it But many people haven't had the water retention so you might not

I'm now switching to Yasmin, fingers crossed it works the same!

Ah thanks for your advice. Think I will stick with Dianette a little bit longer just because I do have clear spells more each month. Some people have had some great results in month 4/5 however i'll definitely keep in mind your recommendations :) I've also reordered Duac gel, similar to Epiduo but I feel like I need an extra little something just to keep those breakouts under control while the Dianettes still waiting to kick in fully

I've used Yasmin before, for 2 years. For the first year and a half I had no problems at all, never worried about my skin at all it was great, then after that it all went terrible! Not sure what happened. The doctors think my body maybe required a different combination of hormones since i turned 19? Hope you have some luck with these :)

Sorry Dianette didn't work for you, I really hope my skin hasn't reached its best :( Its definitely improved a lot but its still not how it was before all this acne started

I would recommend Mononessa (also goes by Orth Tri-Cyclen) if you are looking to control or clear your acne.

My acne used to be crazy! But having been on Mononessa for about six months now, I've noticed it stays under control and my monthly breakouts are minimal. I've had a lot of luck with this pill, and would suggest it to you (or at least ask your doctor about it!).

PS - I haven't noticed any side effects with this one either!

Oooo thanks so much for your advice- is this a birth control pill? I think I will stick with Dianette a little bit longer just because I do have clear spells more each month. Some people have had some great results in month 4/5 however i'll definitely keep in mind your recommendations.

Have you ever used Dianette? Or any other BCPs? :)

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 11/15/2014 11:45 am

Yes, Mononessa is a birth control pill. I was actually on Lo Loestrin Fe for around a year before switching over to Mononessa (it was costing WAY too much!).

Between the two, I'd have to say that with Mononessa, I've definitely had better acne control. I have very mild acne, and so with the extra hormonal balance from birth control I'm able to keep any breakouts under control.

I agree with you completely that you should stick it out just a little longer! It usually takes 6 months before the side effects subside and everything regulates anyway!

Best of luck to you, and keep us updated

MemberMember
(@cindybuzz)

Posted : 11/16/2014 12:19 pm

Was doing some reading earlier - Cilest is a UK name for Ortho Tri-Cyclen, so if you do decide to get off Dianette, definitely try that one!

MemberMember
(@clearskinjourney)

Posted : 11/18/2014 6:29 am

Was doing some reading earlier - Cilest is a UK name for Ortho Tri-Cyclen, so if you do decide to get off Dianette, definitely try that one!

Ah brilliant- when the time comes to get off Dianette i'll definitely try Cilest which i've heard of before :) thanks so much for your help!

Yes, Mononessa is a birth control pill. I was actually on Lo Loestrin Fe for around a year before switching over to Mononessa (it was costing WAY too much!).

Between the two, I'd have to say that with Mononessa, I've definitely had better acne control. I have very mild acne, and so with the extra hormonal balance from birth control I'm able to keep any breakouts under control.

I agree with you completely that you should stick it out just a little longer! It usually takes 6 months before the side effects subside and everything regulates anyway!

Best of luck to you, and keep us updated

Brilliant, thanks so much for your advice. Yeah I agree- I really wanted to give it the full 6 months. I've just added some Duac gel last night to my nighttime skincare routine from the doctors, so hoping that'll give my skin the little bump start it needs.

Thanks so much! I'll definitely keep updated :) I've made a Dianette Diary/log on here. So i'm updating that regularly. Can't wait until I can put lasting results up!