Notifications
Clear all

Trying To Cure My Acne Trough Diet

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/11/2014 8:10 am

hello everyone

=====about myself and acne =====

im a 20 years old guy ...been dealing with acne since 16....i remember in high school it got very bad ....but back then i went to the derm and he gaved antibiotics and creams (like most of them do) and it helped a little but didnt cure me ....and back then i was eating tons of bad food (you name it) with bad life choices ...i didnt know anything about acne and didnt care but ever since i got to med school ...i realised that i can't just not care about my acne and health....if im going to study medicine to cure other people ...i need to cure myself first and so ....

so 6 months a go ...the acne got worse and i went to the derm again and this time he gaved me accutane ....hell i didnt even know what accutane is ....and i was on it for 4 months (2 months on 10 mg and 2 months on 20)....in the middle of the third month my acne stopped coming but right about then ....i started experiencing hair loss from my beard (WTH)....it was bad ... and severe scalp flacking ....and i guess me not moistrising was a cause too

anyway i stopped accutane 1 month and a half a go .....and i was basically just enjoying my days before the acne returns (i knew it will)

and so a week it returned ....not very bad ...couple small zits here and there .....but it was still there it may got worse later on

so i decided to look for a cure ...and did like a lot of google research for days (while i should have been studying anatomy LOL) ....and it seems the only way to stop acne from coming back is trough diet and good life choices ...so here we go :

=====my current diet =====

No diary (been like this for 5 months)

No sugar exept for fruits and vegetables (been like this for 2weeks)

NO gluten (just started it yesterday ...i hope it helps)

NO junk food (been like this for 5 months)

Yes to all vegetables and YES to fruits (i try to avoid bananas and not too much apples)

Yes to water (1.5 litre per day ....i try)

=====my regimen========

a mild soap (twice a day)

changing my pillowcases everyday

i shave with single blads razor one time and then throw it out

no touching my face no matter what

using BP and erythromycin gel on noticabale pimples i have (1 day i use BP....the other day i use Eryth) (only at night)

no poping to any zits ...no matter what (been doing that for months)

i guess that's it ....so this is what im doing ....right now i just stopped eating gluten ...it been a day since ...and i'll stop eating it for a week and see ....if i got no more zits then i'll say goobye to bread (im going to miss it)

anyway i'll keep you guys posted about the results .....and finally sorry for my english :)

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/11/2014 8:48 am

Sounds like you have a great regime going on there. Have you tried going low gi before going completely gluten free?Is it working well?Personally I would drop the B.P as I find it aggravating & you are curing from within.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/11/2014 9:56 am

Sounds like you have a great regime going on there. Have you tried going low gi before going completely gluten free?Is it working well?Personally I would drop the B.P as I find it aggravating & you are curing from within.

well before i was taking accutane ...and with accutane you can eat pretty much anything....and before accutane ...i remember once i stopped eating fast food ....and that helped reduce my breakouts but i been eating diary and drinking juice and stressing ...so it didnt stop it

BP do cause me a reaction at first but i use it only on nights ...and i use it only at zits that hurts when i touch it (deep ones i guess)

thanks for your input :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:12 pm

You're headed in the right direction. I suggest that you supplement some vitamins and minerals, that you can not attain from foods, with the way they are grown in the large scale factory agriculture production farms. I suggest:

50 mg zinc picolinate

3-8 grams vitamin B5

The entire B complex

A good multi vitamin-mineral from a health-food store

vitamin C 2-5 grams, throughout the day (I recommend powder version, it's cheaper)

Ton more you can do, but that would be a good start. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/11/2014 6:33 pm

You're headed in the right direction. I suggest that you supplement some vitamins and minerals, that you can not attain from foods, with the way they are grown in the large scale factory agriculture production farms. I suggest:

50 mg zinc picolinate

3-8 grams vitamin B5

The entire B complex

A good multi vitamin-mineral from a health-food store

vitamin C 2-5 grams, throughout the day (I recommend powder version, it's cheaper)

Ton more you can do, but that would be a good start. Good luck!

thanks man

im actually going to buy a zinc with vitamine C supplement

i heard a lot of good stuff about zinc and hopefully it will be the last thing i need to prevent future acne

i hope zinc dont break me out

i just finished day 2 being gluten free .....i really didnt miss bread that much....will post the result of that soon

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/12/2014 7:29 am

hey an update

i been gluten free for 2 days (so far no new noticable acne).....but it could be just luck ....have to wait longer and see

in addition i started taking supplements for the first time in my life

i took 300 mg vitamine C+ 5 mg of zinc+ my multivitamines (contains biotin ....hope it doesnt break me out)

i was suprised to find only 5 mg of zinc and cant take more a day according to the box ....what do u guys think ?

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/13/2014 7:34 am

update 2

it been 3 days since i stopped gluten ....so far no new acne (besides a small whitehead in my chin ...not noticable)....but still too early to tell

i now take 9 mg of zinc and 300 mg of vitamine C and my usual multivitamin (its way early to know if they work)

yesterday i bough a half killo of dates and eated them like there is no tomorrow ....so far no breakouts from it

will update soon

Veganski liked
MemberMember
(@frankfam04)

Posted : 11/13/2014 12:40 pm

I am also grain free/ gluten free my sister has MS and has been grain free for 5 years and no symptoms of MS anymore. Your diet will definitely help you. I would also suggest a probiotic for your gut bacteria, when you take antibiotics it destroys your bacteria in your stomach good and bad, and lets bad take over. Since most of your immune system comes from your gut health I would consistently take a good probiotic/ prebiotic. :) then eventually omega 3's and Vitamin D, keep your vitamin C intake high. B-vitamins will help you body detox amongst many other things, as well but you want Active B vitamins... instead of Folic Acid or Folate you want the Active Methylfolate instead of B12 you want Methylcoblamin. Many of us (around 85% of population) have a gene mutation that doesn't let us convert b vitamins into their active state correctly. Good Luck too you!

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/13/2014 4:02 pm

I am also grain free/ gluten free my sister has MS and has been grain free for 5 years and no symptoms of MS anymore. Your diet will definitely help you. I would also suggest a probiotic for your gut bacteria, when you take antibiotics it destroys your bacteria in your stomach good and bad, and lets bad take over. Since most of your immune system comes from your gut health I would consistently take a good probiotic/ prebiotic. then eventually omega 3's and Vitamin D, keep your vitamin C intake high. B-vitamins will help you body detox amongst many other things, as well but you want Active B vitamins... instead of Folic Acid or Folate you want the Active Methylfolate instead of B12 you want Methylcoblamin. Many of us (around 85% of population) have a gene mutation that doesn't let us convert b vitamins into their active state correctly. Good Luck too you!

thanks man i been consedering probiotic....i will look into it

good luck on your journey too :)

MemberMember
(@jim-bean)

Posted : 11/14/2014 2:46 am

update 2

it been 3 days since i stopped gluten ....so far no new acne (besides a small whitehead in my chin ...not noticable)....but still too early to tell

i now take 9 mg of zinc and 300 mg of vitamine C and my usual multivitamin (its way early to know if they work)

yesterday i bough a half killo of dates and eated them like there is no tomorrow ....so far no breakouts from it

will update soon

The RDA, which biochemist nutritional scientists call Really Dismal Allowance, doesn't have the amount that humans should be in-taking for optimal health. The RDA is calculated to dose vitamins/minerals at the amount that won't trigger disease symptoms. For example, with vitamin C, the way they make the RDA for it is to calculate a dose that won't manifest scurvy symptoms. And every other vitamin/mineral they do the same thing. It's the extremely bare minimum amount for certain diseases to not show up. Whereas your body, your cells, could use a lot more of vitamin C for the thousands of chemical reactions your body does daily to keep you healthy. Look up the RDA for the supplement I take called Beyond Tangy Tangerine. You'll see the RDA at 12,000% for some vitamins! On top of that I still take a toxic free multivitamin (careful with what brands you buy, many contain toxic fillers, coloring agents, and more).

As I said, you'd be better off taking 50mg zinc, and a lot more vitamin C. Remember that the B vitamins and C are water soluble, so they don't stay in your cells like the fat soluble ones do: D E A K vitamins.

Also I recommend you don't eat large amounts of fruits, that will spike your insulin, which may cause a acne break out. Good luck

Another thing, don't be full of stress. Have a calm mind. Remember to do deep inhalation and deep exhalation exercises, and the positive things you have in life =)

MemberMember
(@veganski)

Posted : 11/14/2014 7:41 am

update 2

will update soon

Hey,

i'm also 20yrs old male and i will try the same now,

i'm sick of all those expensive creams which doesn't work anyway (except BP maybe but it isn't solving the root problem).

I'm already dairy-free and vegan since few months but i think the real problem is the gluten, i have all the symptoms like tiny bumps on my upper arms/shoulders and also bad blood circulation resulting in cold hands and feet even tho i work out regularly.

I really hope gluten-free is the way to go, only time will tell. Wish you all the best

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/15/2014 5:56 am

update 2

will update soon

The RDA, which biochemist nutritional scientists call Really Dismal Allowance, doesn't have the amount that humans should be in-taking for optimal health. The RDA is calculated to dose vitamins/minerals at the amount that won't trigger disease symptoms. For example, with vitamin C, the way they make the RDA for it is to calculate a dose that won't manifest scurvy symptoms. And every other vitamin/mineral they do the same thing. It's the extremely bare minimum amount for certain diseases to not show up. Whereas your body, your cells, could use a lot more of vitamin C for the thousands of chemical reactions your body does daily to keep you healthy. Look up the RDA for the supplement I take called Beyond Tangy Tangerine. You'll see the RDA at 12,000% for some vitamins! On top of that I still take a toxic free multivitamin (careful with what brands you buy, many contain toxic fillers, coloring agents, and more).

As I said, you'd be better off taking 50mg zinc, and a lot more vitamin C. Remember that the B vitamins and C are water soluble, so they don't stay in your cells like the fat soluble ones do: D E A K vitamins.

Also I recommend you don't eat large amounts of fruits, that will spike your insulin, which may cause a acne break out. Good luck

Another thing, don't be full of stress. Have a calm mind. Remember to do deep inhalation and deep exhalation exercises, and the positive things you have in life =)

thank you for your advices....i agree with you on the fruit thing ....I been eating dates like crazy ....they didnt break me out yet ....but since i stopped bread ....my sugar levels are always low ....so dates were something i ate to get energy ....but you're right ...too much is bad .....plus i will try to take more vitamine and zinc ...and see

update 2

will update soon

Hey,

i'm also 20yrs old male and i will try the same now,

i'm sick of all those expensive creams which doesn't work anyway (except BP maybe but it isn't solving the root problem).

I'm already dairy-free and vegan since few months but i think the real problem is the gluten, i have all the symptoms like tiny bumps on my upper arms/shoulders and also bad blood circulation resulting in cold hands and feet even tho i work out regularly.

I really hope gluten-free is the way to go, only time will tell. Wish you all the best

yeah BP seems to be the only cream that actually help speed up the healing ....but i dont think it can prevent future breakouts

yeah man i been dairy free and sugar free for months too but after eating a lot of bread ....;i still got breakouts .....and now it been like 5 days off gluten ...i had one new zit on my right cheek ....;and i think i had it because i ate veg oil ....so being gluten free could be the last piece of the puzzle ...who knows

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/16/2014 11:33 am

update

it been 6 days since i stopped gluten ....im having great improuvement ....but i do miss bread ....im not rich so i cant affored to buy meat and fish everyday ...so i dont have much food that keeps you full alL the time

but life is more than just eating i guess

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/19/2014 8:03 am

The government puts so much shit in our food and water, it's not even funny. Organic, gluten free,

Bpa free and dairy free is probably your best bet

Veganski liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/19/2014 9:05 am

that's too dangerous for me

a one blad razor do the trick its sheep but you must not use is more than once ...plus i dont have a thick bear (i wish)

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 11/20/2014 4:43 am

That's great that you're incorporating fruits and vegetables in your diet, but I implore you to make sure your fruits and vegetables are 100% organic. Do you know what's really in your food? Do you know what BIG AGROCHEMICAL companies like MONSANTO put inside the food you eat? They put PESTICIDES, harmful CHEMICALS, and worst of all GMOs.

If you care for your health stop eating non-organic foods. Why do you think cancer is so prevalent in the western hemisphere nowadays? What does the American diet usually consist of? Processed foods, convenient food ( fast foods ), Vegetables and fruits sprayed of pesticides, and GMOs! This is not a coincidence. In the past, people didn't even speak or know what cancer was. Nowadays, it's the main talk of health and medicine.

Now, I have yet to find research on the link between acne and non-organic GMO fruits and vegetables. All I know is the data is out there; research about what's really in the food you eat and what consequences it can have on your health. Health is of the utmost importance to me, and I intend to spend any amount for an 100% organic diet. It's expensive, yes, but I very much love living a healthy life.

Remember, "The groundwork of all happiness is good health".

FYI,

I am in no way bashing Americans and their dietary habits. I'm simply stating the facts that can hopefully shed light on the truth of what's in the food you eat. I lost a close American mentor of mine to cancer, that's why I'm so adamant on this topic. I hopefully this was helpful for some people!

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/20/2014 1:40 pm

That's great that you're incorporating fruits and vegetables in your diet, but I implore you to make sure your fruits and vegetables are 100% organic. Do you know what's really in your food? Do you know what BIG AGROCHEMICAL companies like MONSANTO put inside the food you eat? They put PESTICIDES, harmful CHEMICALS, and worst of all GMOs.

If you care for your health stop eating non-organic foods. Why do you think cancer is so prevalent in the western hemisphere nowadays? What does the American diet usually consist of? Processed foods, convenient food ( fast foods ), Vegetables and fruits sprayed of pesticides, and GMOs! This is not a coincidence. In the past, people didn't even speak or know what cancer was. Nowadays, it's the main talk of health and medicine.

Now, I have yet to find research on the link between acne and non-organic GMO fruits and vegetables. All I know is the data is out there; research about what's really in the food you eat and what consequences it can have on your health. Health is of the utmost importance to me, and I intend to spend any amount for an 100% organic diet. It's expensive, yes, but I very much love living a healthy life.

Remember, "The groundwork of all happiness is good health".

FYI,

I am in no way bashing Americans and their dietary habits. I'm simply stating the facts that can hopefully shed light on the truth of what's in the food you eat. I lost a close American mentor of mine to cancer, that's why I'm so adamant on this topic. I hopefully this was helpful for some people!

yeah im pertty sure the veg and fruits i eat are organic becuase i live in north africa ...and most veg and fruits in my country are home gorwn but thanks for your advice ....yes i agree with you

okay an update i stopped gluten for 11 days know ....i noticed a great change ....my breakouts were less less severe and less often than before ....i do miss bread sometimes but having less acne is far better than a piece of bread .....i should note that in thoes 11 days i also started taking 300mg vitamine c and 5 mg zinc ...but im not sure if it is helping or not

i know 11 days are not enough to judge that gluten is a factor ....

i'll keep you guys updates

PS: a also started changing my pillowcases everyday

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/20/2014 5:41 pm

okay this is getting weird

when ever is say things are getting better

minutes later i have a breakout ....damn it ....its not so bad ....just coule white heads in my T zone ...still what the hell ...could this be cause i ate a lot of potatoes yesterday

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/20/2014 8:28 pm

Word of advice, look at progress in terms of months not weeks. My acne literally changes from day to day. I am also trying the natural way through diet and supplementation to help my acne and so far things are up, down, up, down, down, down. Three months and then reevaluate.

MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/21/2014 4:52 am

Word of advice, look at progress in terms of months not weeks. My acne literally changes from day to day. I am also trying the natural way through diet and supplementation to help my acne and so far things are up, down, up, down, down, down. Three months and then reevaluate.

yeah its not like taking accutane

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/21/2014 8:30 am

Honestly it sounds like hormones.

RickeyDo liked