Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just read 2 post, one about little kids making comments about acne and another about not having kids if you have acne to spare them the trouble.

You know what?

STAND UP to acne. Don't let it win. When you see someone else with acne what do you think? Well if you have acne you empathize with them and want to encourage them, whereas if you didn't.....

My point DON'T LET ACNE STOP YOU FROM BEING HAPPY AND BEING STRONG.

Look in the mirror and say defiantly "I WILL NOT LET YOU STOP ME! NO!" When someone says something cruel- hey, they're the lesser person stooping so low as to make fun of someone's skin condition. Isn't it a lot better to realize that you AREN'T being like them?

be postive. Let acne make you stronger and more caring. Be confident. If other people dare to stare or make fun or say something cruel IGNORE THEM they are the ones who are being ignorent idiots.

See people for who they are, not what they look like. People who see you for what you look like... walk away from 'em. They'll cause you nuthing but trouble!!!! Either way, even if you're a clear and smashingly physically beautiful- do you want people liking you just cuz yur pretty?

better to be loved for who you are.

STAND UP TO ACNE SHOW IT THAT YOU WILL WIN AND IT WILL NOT STOP YOU!!!!

I am not trying to say that I'm perfect and never had a hard time or have never felt down about acne. However what I wrote ^ is what has been on my mind while reading all the stuff people are saying around here.

Edited by Esjay

Well said Esjay! eusa_clap.gif

But it does take a hell of a strong mind to be able to do that.

I think acne makes us more sympathetic and tactful people than most people on this planet.

It makes me cringe when I hear people say someone else is ugly. It's a really disgusting word and I hate people saying it. I would never dream of making fun or insulting anyone's physical appearance. It's really a terrible thing to do and can scar you for life.

I wish i had a strong mind like that...but if a person says "GOD HAVE A WASH" or something simular really they are just responding to what they see in front of them, and it makes you feel bad cuz it reminds you of it and to the fact that people are noticing your skin.

It is also a bit hard for someone to not take it to heart if your cousin says, "have you got chicken pox". Anyway this happened to me ages ago when i was young and with bad acne and it really hurt me so bad that i never went out for days on end.

So really even a strong person wouldnt be able to not let it hurt them deep down and to shrug it off cuz they are words and words are the most powerful emotional punch anyone can throw at a person.

Tom

Esjay, I totally agree with what you're saying in theory. But it is easier said than done. Acne affects people on a deep psychological level and it is extremely difficult to reverse that damage. Words and stares hurt people big time and it is very hard to ignore it. I would love for all these things to just roll off my shoulders, but they don't. But, I admire you for being so strong.

my outlook is totally dependent on my skin....most of the time its just "meh', sometimes its like "DAMMMMNN IM SEXAY" and rarely its like "i feel like a piece of shit"....

so you know, its a fluxuation all the time doubt.gif

*ahem* ok esjay you have justified your position.

acne is very embarrassing. i think treating yourself well, getting a lot of rest, and just being real gentle with yourself helps a lot in addition to trying new products, seeing a doctor, and wearing makeup. other than that i suggest to focus on the positives in your life. i think it's sad to be diagnosed with AIDS/HIV or even herpes or genital warts. all of those STD's are permanent incurable and can be extremely uncomfortable.

Count it all joy James 1:2

Guest Zitro

I enjoyed reading your post Esjay, thanks for the positive words. It is hard to be that strong but these last months, I was able to think that way and it really pays off.

Acne is more of an emotional disease, rather than physical. If you can eliminate the emotional symptoms, you will realize that acne is not that bad... (I have moderate acne)

^ lol.

Yeah you answered it. Uh, suppose TMLGirl hasn't checked the boards yet..

Anyway yeah I used to have that mindframe of myself beating acne and prove myself strong. Like someone mentioned above, it's easier said than done.

Rather discouraging too, considering it comes in cycles that seem to be neverending.

That was a wonderful post, Esjay.

"It makes me cringe when I hear people say someone else is ugly. It's a really disgusting word and I hate people saying it. I would never dream of making fun or insulting anyone's physical appearance. It's really a terrible thing to do and can scar you for life."

And Dean, Amen to all of that! LOL

Thats all well and good, but in reality its hard to do that.

In my experience, you might have a good day, week, but your acne will just beat you down into your pitiful state if you get too optimistic.

Yes, the big problem with acne, its kinda random. You never know when it will strike you down.

Sorry Esjay, I haven't checked the boards until now. I was just curious because I know a lot of people who only have a little bit of acne and give me lectures about being so upset about it. If seems like you suffer from severe acne too and like I said before I really admire your strength. In fact I envy you!

Guest *Clara

Why bother having kids? There's enough people on the planet already! lol.gif

Sorry Esjay, I haven't checked the boards until now.  I was just curious because I know a lot of people who only have a little bit of acne and give me lectures about being so upset about it.  If seems like you suffer from severe acne too and like I said before I really admire your strength.  In fact I envy you!