Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay I know i've been posting a lot of random ?'s. I hope I am not annoying anyone. Anyways, I had a Merina IUD for birth control put in a week before I started my accutane (its effective immediately). Has anyone heard anything bad about this w/accutane??? Anyone else have one while on accutane?? Thanks.

I haven't heard anything negative about IUDs in combination with Accutane. I do know that being on some form of birth control is a requirement, be it oral or otherwise. I am certain that if there were an adverse reaction, it would have been listed in the gigantic pamphlet we were all forced to read with the pictures of those idiot women in the back who don't know what abstinence is. (Sorry, that section of the Accutane pamphlet really irritated me.)

I am ending my Ortho and moving onto Yasim. I was on Ortho years ago and had an adverse reaction and have only been on it again for the last three months due to the need for reassurance of my constantly negative pregnancy tests. Since much has been said about the clear skin effects of Yasim, I am very happy to be making the switch. I just don't think that Ortho is cutting it for me.

Keep posting random questions. Anything anyone here can do to help you out, we'd be more than happy.

I haven't heard anything negative about IUDs in combination with Accutane.  I do know that being on some form of birth control is a requirement, be it oral or otherwise.  I am certain that if there were an adverse reaction, it would have been listed in the gigantic pamphlet we were all forced to read with the pictures of those idiot women in the back who don't know what abstinence is.  (Sorry, that section of the Accutane pamphlet really irritated me.)

I am ending my Ortho and moving onto Yasim.  I was on Ortho years ago and had an adverse reaction and have only been on it again for the last three months due to the need for reassurance of my constantly negative pregnancy tests.  Since much has been said about the clear skin effects of Yasim, I am very happy to be making the switch.  I just don't think that Ortho is cutting it for me.

Keep posting random questions.  Anything anyone here can do to help you out, we'd be more than happy.