21 Year Old Male Ac...

Notifications
Clear all

21 Year Old Male Acne On Chin

MemberMember
(@xps93)

Posted : 11/09/2014 6:32 pm

Hey guys,

So it's my first post on this website, although I have been following the forum for awhile. So I've had acne since the fall of 2009, when I was 16. It probably peaked in severity around age 18-19 during my senior year of high school and freshman year of college (2012-early 2013). In January of 2013 I finally went to the dermatologist and got acanya for night, epiduo for day, and doxycycline 150mg once a day. I went off doxy after 3 monthes but continued topicals and I saw some significant improvement. However as time went by my skin condition started to get worse after being off of doxy for a while. In May of 2014 I went back on doxy and have been on since. I was completely clear through most of august and early September, but now it's starting to come back I feel like. It's completely localized on my chin and around my mouth and has been for some time. I used to get it on my forehead when I was younger. I've heard that the sebaceous glands around the chin are the last to mature so maybe this is why? Also my parents never had bad acne and to their knowledge grew out of it by the time they were 21 like I am now. My question is when will these pesky pimples on the chin and around the mouth finally stop? It seems like as soon as I control one situation another pops up and it's another 3-4 days before I can clear that one up. If you could let me know your opinion or what you think about my situation I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 11/11/2014 9:35 am

It really varies from person to person and can be hard to predict. So let's focus on helping you get clear for now. Do you shave? Shaving may be a factor in chin acne for men. Let me give you Dan's shaving advice. http://www.acne.org/faq.html#shave and http://www.acne.org/guide-to-shaving.html

If that is the only place you get acne, you can just treat that particular area. The Regimen works really well when used as directed. Here are all of the details. http://www.acne.org/regimen

Hope that helps!

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/12/2014 7:34 pm

Chin and mouth are where my son gets acne the worst...it's very common for sure! Acne concentrated around chin and mouth is often hormone-related...not a whole lot can be done until hormones stabilize on their own which happens differently for everyone...I was the only one in my family with a history of acne, so didn't have family genetics to guide me...hopefully you will follow suit with your parents. So in the meantime like Brandy advises, focus on getting clear for now. I also highly recommend the Regimen...cleared me up in about two months!...now my son is using it and seeing significant clearing after 5 weeks. Diet is also something to look at and some members have seen improvement when they've cut back on junk food and dairy products...something to look into and maybe try in addition to treating externally...

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/12/2014 8:38 pm

Try taking pure manuka honey, it contains varying level of live enzymes that helps with bacterial elimination inside the body.