Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TMLGirl

Missing out on EVERYTHING

I was listening to the radio on my way to work this morning and they've announced the opening of a new mall in Ontario. Then I find out that my favourite hockey player who I am totally obsessed with is making an appearance. Usually I am not a star struck person, but I have a weak spot for hockey players. So anyway I can't go because I am working, but it's something that I would totally play hookie for (my boss knows about my obsession). Because I look like crap right now (still going through the Accutane initial breakout) I didn't go. I'm so sad that I am missing out on so much in life. This totally sucks. When this acne clears up I am going to party like I did when I was 19. I think I took life for granted when I was clear....I didn't realize how much l like going for a coffee with my friends.

I know how you feel. It's tough. How old are you by the way? I was on Accutane back in January and it cleared up so well that I was super confident and super sociable. That's what you have to look forward to smile.gif

Thanks Dean.

I'm 25.

I know that I will be clear soon: (just in case you don't know this is my third time on Accutane and it works amazing) During my remissions I was extremely confident and very social. People who know me are shocked by how much my personality has changed. Very drastic.

I am very happy that it has worked for you.

Thanks Dean.

I'm 25.

I know that I will be clear soon: (just in case you don't know this is my third time on Accutane and it works amazing) During my remissions I was extremely confident and very social.  People who know me are shocked by how much my personality has changed.  Very drastic. 

I am very happy that it has worked for you.

yea the tane didnt work for me completely...so now its back...but not bad enough to go on accutane again...

the reg sorta works along with other stuff....

Just remember, theres no law against people with acne going to a mall opening, you could go, its not like someones going to throw you in prison for it. But I know what its like so I can understand why you wouldnt want to. im 16 and ive cleared up just usin clean and clear

Well, there's no law against being completely confident with acne, not letting it bother you at all, and not segregating yourself in anonymous acne groups, but we're both here along with many others because we know we're human and affected by more than laws.

I know how you feel.

You want to avoid everyone and everything until your skin clears up.

I was on Accutane 2 years ago - the acne came back after about 1 1/2 years.

It sucks.

I am back to my low self-esteem, low confidence self.

I wonder if my skin will ever be nice again?

The doc won't let me go back on Accutane.

cry.gif

when i had acne it did make me unsocial. but i know other people who have it worse than I did and they act just fine. just depends on what your like as a person i guess