Notifications
Clear all

Is Clarisonic Worth The Money?

MemberMember
(@badger91)

Posted : 11/07/2014 9:21 pm

Hey everyone I'm a 23 year old male that hasn't grown out of acne yet. I wash my face twice a day with Acnefree cleanser followed by Clinique #3 Clarifying Lotion and either Acnefree lotion or Clean and Clear lotion. Every night I use the brush that came with one of my acne free kit and it seems to help a little but I recently broke it. Would it be worth the money for me to get a Clarisonic? Or would you recommend that I try different products? Any help would be much appreciated!

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 11/08/2014 5:33 pm

I don't think it's worth it in your case. How I look at is that the Clarisonic Mia is an accessory for skin care, and doesn't do much for treating acne. In fact, it may make your acne worse.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/09/2014 9:39 pm

Clarisonics are fantastic and can do wonders for your skin and its texture. With that being said, the manual exfoliation won't do much for active acne except irritate it further. I only use mine when I'm completely clear, and even then I'm sure to be extremely gentle and limit use to a few times a week as overexfoliation can lead to irritation and breakouts. They also aren't cheap, so I would focus more on putting the money towards a regimen similar to acne.org's. From the sounds of what you're using, that sounds like too many active products.

Look into a gentle non-medicated cleanser, a treatment product, and a gentle non-medicated moisturizer. Using too many active ingredients will be sure to over irritate your skin and not only make it hard for it to heal active breakouts, but lead to even more!

Once you've found a good routine and clear up, at that point I would recommend investing in a Clarisonic :)

MemberMember
(@lauryn7)

Posted : 04/23/2015 2:41 pm

Clarisonics are fantastic and can do wonders for your skin and its texture. With that being said, the manual exfoliation won't do much for active acne except irritate it further. I only use mine when I'm completely clear, and even then I'm sure to be extremely gentle and limit use to a few times a week as overexfoliation can lead to irritation and breakouts. They also aren't cheap, so I would focus more on putting the money towards a regimen similar to acne.org's. From the sounds of what you're using, that sounds like too many active products.

Look into a gentle non-medicated cleanser, a treatment product, and a gentle non-medicated moisturizer. Using too many active ingredients will be sure to over irritate your skin and not only make it hard for it to heal active breakouts, but lead to even more!

Once you've found a good routine and clear up, at that point I would recommend investing in a Clarisonic :)

^^absolutely. I bought the clarisonic thinking that it may give me a deep clean and speed up cell turnover, thus clearing up my acne. It ended up aggravating it further. Now in hindsight, I understand that this device is not helpful for inflamed, damaged skin. I do plan on using my clarisonic again if I ever clear up my acne.

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 04/23/2015 6:58 pm

I have had a completely different experience with the clarisonic, which was ultimately what cleared my skin.

Two and a half years ago I had moderate acne (whiteheads, blackheads, red spots) on my cheeks, and t-zone that didn't seem to be clearing up no matter which products I tried (and I tried a lot). In the Winter of 2012 I bought a clarisonic and after 3 months, my broken out skin was more controlled. The texture of my skin was much smoother and very soft, and the reddish pigmentation that my skin has suffered primarily on my cheeks was starting to even out more.

Fast forward to today. My skin is clear with no acne on my cheeks, occasional blemish on my t-zone, and the overall tone and texture of my skin is great.

Lauryn7 liked
MemberMember
(@tea-rex)

Posted : 04/23/2015 9:59 pm

Clarisonic was not enough to exfoliate my skin. I think its good for other things. But for acne, I don't think so. Clarisonics last forever though! I bought mine probably 7-8 years ago when it first came out and it's still working great!

MemberMember
(@lauryn7)

Posted : 04/24/2015 8:31 am

I have had a completely different experience with the clarisonic, which was ultimately what cleared my skin.

Two and a half years ago I had moderate acne (whiteheads, blackheads, red spots) on my cheeks, and t-zone that didn't seem to be clearing up no matter which products I tried (and I tried a lot). In the Winter of 2012 I bought a clarisonic and after 3 months, my broken out skin was more controlled. The texture of my skin was much smoother and very soft, and the reddish pigmentation that my skin has suffered primarily on my cheeks was starting to even out more.

Fast forward to today. My skin is clear with no acne on my cheeks, occasional blemish on my t-zone, and the overall tone and texture of my skin is great.

That is awesome!!!! How often do you use the clarisonic to cleanse?

MemberMember
(@sunnysarah)

Posted : 04/24/2015 3:13 pm

That is awesome!!!! How often do you use the clarisonic to cleanse?

I use it every night, so just once a day. When I first started using it (a little over 2 years ago), I used it about 2-3 times a week for about 3 weeks before transitioning over to once a day just incase it could irritate my skin. I never have experienced irritation or issues with my clarisonic, and I can't imagine being without it!

MemberMember
(@lifebooster2015)

Posted : 04/26/2015 4:00 am

Clarisonic worked pretty well for me. i have very oily skin and since i started using it 2 years ago, my skin has become clearer and my pores have minimised. It prevents outbreaks in those areas i suppose. But i left the problematic acne areas alone and used a serum Mod Edit to get rid of those cystic acne and small pimples. I used it at their first appearance and it prevented them from further developing the next day. Worked very well for me and i'm thankful. (Suffered from acne since i was 13 and tried taking 6 months of antibiotics and used lots of other topical acne prescriptions. I'm now 35.) But if you're talking about acne along the chin which often is the result of hormonal imbalance or stress, it works less effective. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@darknessdarling)

Posted : 06/09/2015 11:27 pm

Be really careful with the Clarisonic. There's some horror stories out there from people who used it with negative results. (There are some good reviews of course) but from personal experience too, it made my skin absolutely terrible. Way too harsh for delicate and inflamed skin and it caused me to have broken capillaries around my nose and and top of my cheekbones which seem to be permanent :(

I switched to something called the Foreo Luna Mini. It's much gentler for me but seems very effective as well. Uses sonic pulses to 'vibrate' the dirt and dead skin out of your pores. I really recommend it for anyone who feels the Clarisonic is too harsh.

It's not cheap, but a bit less than the Clarisonic I think. (£99).

MemberMember
(@sour-grapes)

Posted : 06/10/2015 7:33 am

Mine just died after less than 2 years of use and I can't say I would miss it. It's way overpriced for a product with such a short life. It can be useful for removing makeup and sunscreen, but it never did anything positive to my skin.