MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/07/2014 7:54 pm

zinc

vit c

all b vits

vit d3

vit a

still breaking out af, acne, clogged pores etc, spreads to body, just f everywhere.

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/12/2014 2:37 am

BUMP

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 11/12/2014 9:26 am

In most of the cases it takes time to actually see any results. For how long you've been taking those supplements? Also, if you could provide us with some more info about the supplements you've been taking, that would be helpful.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/12/2014 6:53 pm

zinc

vit c

all b vits

vit d3

vit a

still breaking out af, acne, clogged pores etc, spreads to body, just f everywhere.

I have had the same experience with all supplements that i have taken. I think very few people clear from supplements alone as acne is multi prong disease that often times needs a multi prong approach. How's your diet, stress, skin care, physical activity, etc. Sometimes is just a matter of finding the right combo of things externally and internally to help

Good Luck from a fellow acne struggler.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/13/2014 10:28 pm

In most of the cases it takes time to actually see any results. For how long you've been taking those supplements? Also, if you could provide us with some more info about the supplements you've been taking, that would be helpful.

for 2 fukin months. (aka 2 milion yrs)

what kinda info u need?

I have had the same experience with all supplements that i have taken. I think very few people clear from supplements alone as acne is multi prong disease that often times needs a multi prong approach. How's your diet, stress, skin care, physical activity, etc. Sometimes is just a matter of finding the right combo of things externally and internally to help

wth does prong means?

my diets fine as much as i cn afford, skin care is whatever i cn get and afford but rly it doesnt even matter for 98% tbh, physical activity doesnt matter either but its fine for me.

idk what combo ur talking abt, if this wasnt combo already then wtf is? however im just nt doing it anymore im fuking devastated to death from all those ingredients and whatever, i just and u need a cure asap and it needs to work right away, idk what the fukin problem is other than goofin yall around, truthfuly the skins basic composition is the same for everyone as well as organs etc so yea?

stress doesnt matter too btw, its there so yall dont fall asleep!

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 11/14/2014 6:52 am

Well the amount of vitamin/mineral you have been taking and in which form plays a huge role I guess.

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/15/2014 4:04 am

ofcourse it doesnt, yall r rekt.

bt here u go

zinc zitrate15 mg, now upped to 45 mg jst cos i hv nothing better to do..

together with vit c 75 mg (now 75 x3 mg)

all vits b tht is already counts as acne causer by now FOR ~*SOME REASON*~ bt rly im jst nt gona type all tht, basically all b vits

omega 3 in 2 capsules

(fatty acids 335mg:

epa 160 mg

dha 100 mg)

i took like 4

there ws also antioxidants n vit d3 20 ug

additionaly i took 15-20 drops (still take) of vit d3 (cholecalciferolum) tht ws 1 ml (~40 droplets) tht contained 0.5 mg cholecalciferolum (tht equals 20 000 sv of vit d3)

2 drop of vit a (3,44% retinylacetate) solution in oil tht 1 ml contains 34400 ug of retinylacetate

there u go

MemberMember
(@rudy23)

Posted : 11/16/2014 5:18 pm

I would recommend replacing zinc citrate with zinc picolinate because of differences in bioavailability. Make sure you're taking Vitamin D3 after a fatty meal. Have you tried Vitamin E?

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 11/18/2014 2:26 pm

wow your writing is horrendous.

Treating your acne is never as simple as taking 2 or 3 supplements and expecting to be 100% clear. I cannot stress enough how much diet changes and consistent exercise are necessary before any sort of success with a supplement. I had no success myself with supplements until I figured out that any sources of soy, flax, and vegetable oil broke me out and contributed 50% to my situation. You need to do more personal research on these vitamins and supplements before jumping to conclusions and declaring "Those Vitamins Don't Work". The anti-inlfammatory Fish Oil/Omega 3's will usually not have a positive benefit unless you reduce your dietary intake of the pro-inflammatory Omega 6's (margarine, salad dressing, baked goods, fast food, mayonaisse, fried food, icing, vegetable oil, processed food). Zinc can benefit some, it is a very important metal that can boost BDNF (brain derived neurotropic factor) but it also boosts testosterone which can worsen acne in some. Listing "all b vits" is not very helpful. There are many different forms of each one that have different safety profiles, half-lifes, dosages, etc. For example Vitamin B9 can be in the form of Folic Acid, Folate, Methylfolate which have distinct differences. B3 can be niacinamide or nicotinic acid, one causes a flush and one doesn't. B5 & B3 are known to help acne whereas B12 & B6 break some people out. Some people think that vitamin D should only be achieved from sun exposure and that dietary intake of it does not have the same benefit. Vitamin C is water soluble and flushes out of your system quickly, so continual dosing throughout the day is more effective. In my experience, Vitamin A and sun exposure had a combined positive effect on my skin. Look into taking a full spectrum Vitamin E (tocopherols & tocotrienols) topically and internally (prefferablly with fat + lecithin for maxium absorption). Unfortunatley, with little regulation in the world of dietary supplements you have to know which brands are third party tested and reputable. NOW supplements is very popular and has a huge selection but I have heard a few of their supplemets are bunk. There was a recent study in the news showing that around 50% of all natural supplements do not contain what they state they do. Jarrow, Doctors Best, MRM, and Twinlab are reliable in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 11/21/2014 5:21 pm

Of course they won't work. You're just wasting money on them.

I have to respectfully disagree. I am able to reduce my acne by 95% with supplements along with some diet tweaks, consistent exercise, and moderate sun exposure. I think it's better to say that MOST supplements do not work. If you research deeper into this topic you'll find that with every isolated nutrient, vitamin, compound, etc, comes a list of co-nutrients that it depletes if taken alone. The difficulty in finding success with supplements is compounded by the fact that there is little regulation in the industry for what actually goes into the bottle. At the same time, you have to wade through seas of unsupported articles about "hollistic" health. You also can't overlook that there are multiple forms of each vitamin which have completley different profiles. It's a personal voyage to try to treat yourself but I think its worth it.