Notifications
Clear all

Alternative Treatments

MemberMember
(@pafaghi)

Posted : 11/06/2014 8:58 am

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and was looking for some advice. I am a 26 year old female who has mild/moderate cystic acne. I've tried everything from OTC medicines, all natural remedies, proactive, prescription meds (retin A, anti fungal, antibiotics, etc) and nothing seems to help. There are times (like currently) where they aren't too inflamed and I don't need much to cover them up, but that typically means there's something creepin around the corner that's going to be 10x worse. They hurt, they itch, and I hate them. I have an appointment with a dermatologist in a couple weeks and my doctor is sure that accutane will be the only option since my acne is so deep. I've been reading a ton (which I know I probably shouldn't) about accutane and frankly, I'm afraid of it. All of the awful side effects, from the dryness everywhere, hair loss, to the mood swings, to the joint/back pain that's associated with it. Are there any other options that people have used? Botox? I'm even open to hearing non-horror stories about accutane. I'm pretty desperate. Thanks in advanced!!

Parisa

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/13/2014 9:49 pm

Hello Parisa, bee venom mask with manuka honey can be your option as it serves as anatural botox if you don't want to have accutane treatment.Manuka honey ingredient helps in treating acne and acne scars.