Notifications
Clear all

Plugs On Nose

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:08 pm

Hello I am 20 years old (male) and have been battling mild acne since high school. I am 2 years post Accutane. My only problem area at the moment is my nose, the sides and creases of it specifically. I have pictures!!! I have done alot of research towards the condition of my nose but cant quite pin point a diagnoses. The side of my nose consist of clearish-tan colored plugs. Some of these plugs are very hard and when far enough out of the skin can be plucked with tweezers. The other plugs remain soft and deep in the pore making it appear very large. Occasionally one of the plugs/pores becomes inflamed and forms a white head. ALong with the plugs, there seems to be some redness and discoloration. Is this from washing my nose to vigorously ? For the past 3 month i have been treating these like black heads and just using 2% SA wash. My only ideas of the diagnosis are sebum plugs, keratin plugs, ring worm or some weird form of black heads. My only ideas right now of treating this would be to use retin-a or madelic acid. My regimen as follows.

AM and PM

Neutrogena oil free acne wash

30 spf moisturizer

Im just not sure how to get rid of these plugs and tighten up my pores. Im starting to feel helpless.

Below copy and paste the link to see pictures, the ones with flash really depict the discoloration.

http://postimg.org/image/h8rwu08vx/

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/06/2014 3:56 am

Your skin type can directly affect the size of your pores. If you suffer from acne, it can result to large pores. The buildup of oil, dirt and bacteria that initially led to your acne outbreaks can stretch your pores. You can use lemons and pineapples that contain enzymes to naturally tighten and firm your face. You can also use Manuka UMF honey that control a broad range of bacteria.

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 11/07/2014 2:11 pm

bump.

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/07/2014 7:36 pm

Your skin type can directly affect the size of your pores. If you suffer from acne, it can result to large pores. The buildup of oil, dirt and bacteria that initially led to your acne outbreaks can stretch your pores. You can use lemons and pineapples that contain enzymes to naturally tighten and firm your face. You can also use Manuka UMF honey that control a broad range of bacteria.

if thats so why is any of that happening on your face? why you wont get those pores on belly or something like that?

why it doesnt just grow as a pimple? but instead theres so many somekinda f pores on nose etc?

NOSE, theres not even that much fat and blood circulation (toxins etc) at all??? so why the f??

i can bet you cant answer those questions!

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 11/11/2014 8:38 pm

Still no real help on this issue, i began using retin-a and the plugs have hardened up and have become somewhat easy to pluck out with tweezers. Still no real difference on the redness/scarring but obviously that takes time with retin-a. Staying hopeful !

MemberMember
(@inalitterbox)

Posted : 11/12/2014 2:08 am

Still no real help on this issue, i began using retin-a and the plugs have hardened up and have become somewhat easy to pluck out with tweezers. Still no real difference on the redness/scarring but obviously that takes time with retin-a. Staying hopeful !

nooooooope. thats not how it works at all. retin a is perfect remedy. no plugs harden up or anything, they disappear and dissipate away. smooths out scars, evens out the tone and redmarkpigmentation, refreshens out ur weird skin. is rly healthy for weird skin.

its my future med im deff gona buy and itll jst work deffinately obligatory le excelentely!

MemberMember
(@sam7377)

Posted : 11/19/2014 12:33 am

Been using retin-a 0.025% cream for about 3 weeks now. Plugs on nose have become hard while others have become mildly inflamed. The ones that have become hard were plucked out with tweezers leaving a large empty pore. No blood, just a dark empty pore. I have noticed the ones plucked are already starting to form/collect the tanish-clear material again. Im still dealing with the discoloration as well. Im not sure what to do but have a list of variables for a solution.

1) Just need to be patient and give retin-a time to fully work.

2) The retin-a is not strong enough (0.025%).

3) The Isopropyl myristate in the retin-a is clogging my pores.

2) These plugs are just something un-treatable and I need to accept it.

My routine.

AM

2% SA acne wash

30 spf moisturizer

PM

Cetaphil gentle face wash

Retin-a cream 0.025%

non-clogging moisturizer

please help!!!!