Notifications
Clear all

Please Help. Extremely Sensitive Skin. Need A Moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 11/05/2014 2:00 pm

Basically what the title says. I have extremely sensitive skin (burning, red, stringing, dehydration), and all moisturizers seem to cause a bad reaction. Can you guys please suggest some moisturizers for very sensitive skin?

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 11/05/2014 4:05 pm

Let's back up here a bit. Why is your skin sensitive to the point of it being "burning, red, and stinging"?

Have you seen a dermatologist about this? What skincare products are you currently using?

If you want an answer to your question though, I'm a big fan of Cetaphil products. Their moisturizer is gentle and shouldn't cause any irritation.

MemberMember
(@twosteps)

Posted : 11/07/2014 4:57 pm

I use neutrogena sensitive skin + SPF 15 (they also make an SPF 50)

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 11/08/2014 11:23 pm

Ok I never used moisturizer because I just couldn't stand any ,same goes for sunscreens,none.

Right now ,my daughter and I ,I m 52,so we use ,dual action moisturizer from clean and clear.that is the only one we can stand ,when using benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid,the skin can get dry .

As you don't mention if you are using acne treatments.

And as weird as it sounds this dermatologist assistant told that she doesn't believe in sunscreens and if I ever wanted to use one,then I should get one from Neutrogena. I was ,what ,? Yes she said that ,humm so stay out of the sun or wear a hat ,almost impossible for most people ,right ?.

MemberMember
(@klm15)

Posted : 11/09/2014 12:15 pm

I second the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin moisturizer. It has mixed reviews but it's the only moisturizer (drugstore or high end) that I can use!

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/17/2014 4:09 pm

It can't be every moisturizer that's causing a reaction. If you are using a treatment, it's most probably be the culprit.