Notifications
Clear all

Subcision + Juverderm Filler Pictures, 10 Days After

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 11/04/2014 7:08 pm

Hi all,

I am posting pics of my progress treatment of subcison with Juverderm filler. The pictures have been taken from my phone in the bathroom. I had this treatment 2 and a half months ago. The pictures on this post are from 10 days after treatment. I was told/advised that I should have this treatment so that my scars can be "raised", then follow up with a dermapen treatment next few months after.

I will be posting pics of what it looks like now in the next few days. Although,now I believe there isn't much improvement of my scars. To those who have seen my scars in previous posts, to me the scars looks a little noticeable after subcison, not a lot but a little. The plan for me now is to have my 3rd Dermapen treatment as advised by my doctor.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/04/2014 7:55 pm

why did you do subcision + filler ? looks like scar would benefit more from co2 laser

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 11/04/2014 8:02 pm

why did you do subcision + filler ? looks like scar would benefit more from co2 laser

I had a test patch - laser treatment about 3 years ago and scars did not benefit at all. It left me with a darker hyper-pigmentation mark. I am glad I went for the test patch. This is was at the start of my acne scar journey. I did not do enough of research unfortunately. Because I am a south Asian dark skin male, my skin is not suitable for aggressive laser treatments.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/04/2014 11:02 pm

I had a test patch - laser treatment about 3 years ago and scars did not benefit at all. It left me with a darker hyper-pigmentation mark. I am glad I went for the test patch. This is was at the start of my acne scar journey. I did not do enough of research unfortunately. Because I am a south Asian dark skin male, my skin is not suitable for aggressive laser treatments.

doesnt hyper pigmentation fade 3-6 months anyways ? if so results can be good still

MemberMember
(@desperatesweetdee)

Posted : 11/05/2014 11:45 am

I don't think your scars look all that bad, to be honest. They are so shallow that they are barely noticeable. But I imderstand that we are our own harshest critics. Please keep us updated, looking good so far.

MemberMember
(@mint-berry-crunch)

Posted : 11/05/2014 12:37 pm

doesnt hyper pigmentation fade 3-6 months anyways ? if so results can be good still

Yes true, I was told by several dermatologists and doctors that hyper-pigmentation will fade within 6 months to 18 months. But because I am of dark skin Asian type, I am more risk for permanent hyper-pigmentation from aggressive treatments. I had this laser test patch 3 half years ago and still have that dark mark as a reminder :(

But I do use Tretonin and other topical creams to help it fade it away at the moment. Even if I was suitable the laser, it had no improvement on my scars what so ever unfortunately. My other options is now Dermapen, Subsicion, maybe TCA Cross and Juverderm fillers. I am looking for an improvement not clear skin, do you guys think it is achievable?

I don't think your scars look all that bad, to be honest. They are so shallow that they are barely noticeable. But I imderstand that we are our own harshest critics. Please keep us updated, looking good so far.

Thanks Dee, I too think it doesn't look bad. But for some reason, I get the feeling I hit a brick wall in terms of improvements. I've had 2 dermapen and a subcison with Juverderm Filler while using topical creams and I honestly think I've not seen any improvements :(

I know my skin is't that bad but surely there is a treatment that improves scars without the risks of more scars and hyper-pigmentation for Asian dark skin?

MemberMember
(@shaw)

Posted : 11/05/2014 3:25 pm

Dear Crunch

Cant tell exactly from your photos but it looks like you have mostly icepick and boxcar scarring. TCA CROSS is a good option for icepick scarring, but also carries some risk of hyperpigmentation.

I have found that pretreatment with a compounded hydroquinone and kojic acid before and after laser treatment can reduce the risk. The type of laser used also makes a difference in hyper pigmentation, as well as the settings used and the experience of the operator.

Best wishes

TS