Notifications
Clear all

I Don't Know What To Do Anymore.

MemberMember
(@timeatra)

Posted : 11/03/2014 1:10 am

I don't know what to do anymore. I am a 16 year old male and has had acne for the past 4 years, each year getting increasingly worse. At first it didn't really bother me, people wouldn't say anything about it and it was only mild. The second year I started to take medication prescribed by the doctor, and my acne came incredibly worse, I've tried every medication except accutane. After that I moved to all natural except for the minocycline, using home remedies which helped a lot more than the medicine from the doctors, and I also changed to a lot healthier diet. My acne was getting better however I was still taking the minocyclin and it was my 9th month on it and I wanted to stop. After stopping it I had an extreme breakout which lasted a couple of weeks and left scars. After that my acne again wasn't too bad and didn't affect my life(or so I thought). My gf ended up dumping me and I didn't know why. I later found out from her friend that she thought my skin was disgusting. I tried my best not to let it hurt me and convinced myself that a person like that wasn't someone I wanted. So I continued on with eating healthy, keeping good hygiene and living life trying not to let my acne bother me. However it just got worse. My skin no longer looked like human skin. Instead it looked like the skin of a strawberry, every pore filled with guck. It isn't inflamed however. Every pore just has a thick hard mass of this waxy textured substance that sticks out of the pore. I am not sure what kind of acne it is. It is not sebaceous filaments because I have some on my nose and these are nothing like it. These are a lot bigger. And they stick out of the pores giving my skin a dirty filthy look. And to make it worse my skin is really oily. I wash my face 3 times a day and exfoliate a few times a week, eat healthy, excersize everyday, take supplements yet still no success. I have never seen acne like this before, literally every pore has something sticking out of it, and it's not covered. I can pull them out with ease, literally rub my fingernail softly across my skin and my nail gets filled with them as they fall out the pores. But as soon as I wake up the next morning they're back. I've tried to just accept that this is how my skin will be but lately it's just gotten to me. People are always commenting on it. My family will joke about it. Even my teacher teased me. I try not letting it bother me, and still keep my confidence. But people no longer look me in the eye, I can see them looking at my skin and it hurts. Whenever I'm with friends or family and people are greeting each other I'm the only one that they don't kiss on the cheek instead they just high five. I remember one time me and my friends were sharing greetings with a girl and she gave everyone a kiss on the cheek but when she came to me she said "ohh, uhm, hi.." and I felt so shame. My friends from that day would always tease my about it. However I still tried not to let it bother me since I still had one really close friend and kept distance from people that would tease me about it. I was able to deal with it up until yesterday. I walked in on a conversation between my close friend (who is a girl that I've been close friends with for years and I honestly like) and our teacher. Our teacher was asking her howcome me and her are always together but aren't dating. That's when my friend answered "I really like him and he's a really cool guy and, but his acne is kinda of a turn off. I'm not sure if he washes his face". I was so embarrassed when I heard this. And it hurts so much. I know that I can't get mad at others since they don't realize what I'm going through but I don't like being treated this way just because of my appearance. It hurts so much. I no longer know what to do. I've tried almost everything except for accutane and I eat healthy but nothing's working. I can no longer hold back the emotions and try not let my acne bother me. It's just too much already. Right now I just want to grab the rifle and run away into the mountains to my grandpas hunting shack where no one can judge me and I can just live life peacefully. Last time I ran away I was able to last a week in there until my family found me, and I think I can go longer this time. I'm just tired of dealing with this problem. If anyone knows what kind of acne I have and how to treat it or has experienced similar things please comment below how you dealt with it.

TL acne sucks ass.

MemberMember
(@strongbadia5000)

Posted : 11/03/2014 4:09 pm

You need to go to the Dermatologist again. Not all doctors are equal either so if you don't get a good vibe from one go to another one. From personal experience there are more bad doctors (don't even ask the important questions or try to find out about your history/skin care routine and just read out of a text book) than good ones. You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure things out searching online even though there is some helpful info. Go find a GOOD dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@mon-v)

Posted : 11/03/2014 10:02 pm

I know that washing your face three times a day isn't good. At most it should be twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. Moisturize after. Stay positive!

MemberMember
(@naturald)

Posted : 11/04/2014 8:31 am

What is healthy to you? As an Acne healthy diet I would say most success stories consist of the following:

• No dairy
  • No sugar
  • Brown grain instead of white (basically eat low gi foods)
  • Lean protein
  • Drink green tea
  • Drink plenty of water
  • Exercise regularly (do something you enjoy)
  • Use gentle skin care products (Purechimp face combo 2 works for me but something similar should be fine)
  • When moisturizing less is more as too much can block your pores