Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kolobos

Doxycycline dosage

I've been taking 100mg of Doxycycline for about 10 weeks now, and while it's definitely been helping, I'm still not 100% clear. Do you think it would be worth upping the dosage to 200mg? I have no problems with the idea of doing this, if it would help, but I'm slightly worried that messing with the dosage might effect how quickly I become immune to it confused.gif Is this a real factor, or is this just me being totally paranoid?

Any help much appreciated smile.gif

Wow.. I think if you are not seeing results after 10 weeks, or are not happy with how slow it's taking... I think you should see your derm. about upping the dose wink.gif 200mg sounds good smile.gif I am currently on 200mg a day, but I am on Minocycline, and I just started my 2nd month and I'm clearing up great smile.gif

Good-luck to you.. ^_^

Thanks for the reply smile.gif I probably didn't explain well enough...don't get me wrong, I am definitely clearing up - I only have, like, two active spots on my face, and probably one or two on my back...but I was really hoping I'd be totally clear by now sad.gif

Sadly, I don't have a derm - I'm in the UK, and my doctor refuses to send me to one! I think just because I don't have cysts and nodules, he thinks I must be dysmorphobic...

Anyway, thanks a lot for your input smile.gif Does anyone else have any ideas?

I would just be on the lookout for yeast and gut problems, so maybe add a probiotic as a failsafe.Immunity issues can actually be lessened at higher dosages over a shorter length of treatment.Fewer generations of bacteria are exposed to the drug.Glad you are clearing up. smile.gif

Cheers for the info apple49 smile.gif Will definitely take your advice on using a probiotic. I hadn't thought of that...and I'm sure you're right - best to be safe smile.gif