Notifications
Clear all

Bubble Bump Cysts That Wont Go Away! Help

MemberMember
(@jonathantc22)

Posted : 11/02/2014 11:07 pm

Hi, for the past 5 years ive been dealing with this cyst that end up stay on my nose for ever! They first appear as red bumps that hurt. I use hot compresses, and acne creams like Tazorc, epiduo and Clindamycin phosphate and benzoyl peroxide 1.2/1.5% . Ive been on dexycline as well for a year. My dermatologists just recommend weekly shots that end up adding to alot of money and end up doing nothing at all.

My self esteem is running low because every year i another one forms on my nose and it looks like a huge round lumps/bumps all over my nose. Im running out of time and afraid ill be stuck with this for life.

If anyone has any advice that can help please, feel free to reply. I will attach a photo of what these cyst look like now. A few ive had for over 5 years!!!!!!!

thank you!

MemberMember
(@boy119633)

Posted : 11/09/2014 1:28 pm

I feel you in mid july i had this pimple on my nose that started to form so i did what i would do i put some benzyol and it held the pimple formed i wasnt that big so i waited it out then 3day later it started to go down so i was happy but i shouldnt have started celebrating the next morning it was big then it got bigger i think there was 2 pimples forming so it got way bigger to a point that i had to wear a bandaid on my nose it was so huge like a bubble but then there was a tiny little bit of head on so i didnt squeeze it i pulled my nose back a puss came out alot then the pimple got smaller but still a bubble so this time i squeezed it and alot of blood came out then the pimple started to get smaller but the mark it left on my nose its still red like i dont know how to explain it but im curious to see your pics

MemberMember
(@hdsaurusrex)

Posted : 11/09/2014 2:43 pm

Hi there jonathantc22,

I feel your pain about cysts... I recently had one under the corner of my mouth. It WASN'T pretty.

To get rid of any cystic acne that plagues my skin, I have a few methods I use:

1) Hot Compress - A hot compress doesn't cost money and can actually reduce the lifespan of a cyst. Don't use very hot water though. A good gauge is to dip your fingers into the water; you don't want it to burn but rather to feel comfortably warm. Use a clean, soft cloth and whatever you do, DON'T PICK.

2) Salt Water Compress - The same basic scenario as the hot compress, except use salt water instead. Be warned though, salt water can irritate and dry your skin if used frequently.

3) Cover it with a Synthetic Skin Dressing - I like to do this at night, or if I'm just hanging around the house... I'm not sure if it actually aids in the treatment of the cyst, but it definitely helps me forget it's there! It also discourages me from picking and touching it. Personally, I like DuoDerm Synthetic Skin.

4) Try Hemorrhoid Cream - I've tried this once in the past. And to my surprise, it actually worked! However, the next time I got an outbreak of cystic acne, I tried the Hemorrhoid Cream and had no such luck...

Your best bet is a hot compress, do not pick/squeeze/poke/rub/touch the area. At all. I also used to apply topical creams, but found they only dried my skin out and caused it to be irritated and sensitive (which doesn't help the healing process!).

Lastly, don't let your skin troubles affect your self-esteem! No one is perfect, and everyone gets blemishes, cysts, and breakouts! Just know that they will eventually go away with time and patience.