Notifications
Clear all

My Scars Turned Horizontal After Dermastamping?

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/02/2014 9:37 pm

Hey guys,

So I have been dermastamping for 8 months now and after the last time I dermastamped a lot of my scars turned horizontal? Whenever I wrinkle my skin or smile I can see that a lot of the scars are like 0.5cm horizontal scars outgoing (which they haven't been before). Is this a good thing that they have transformed or is it bad? May I have been too aggressive with the stamping?

I would be super happy if anyone replied.

Thanks!

Julian

post-207079-0-01854100-1415140833.jpg

post-207079-0-52909300-1415140843.jpg

post-207079-0-09586500-1415140849.jpg

MemberMember
(@deadwithacne)

Posted : 11/03/2014 12:43 am

well im seriously doubting the whole dermarolling even works at all tbh...

it just doesnt seem effective whatsoever bcs u have to like wait million years for collagen to restore and realistically its such a slim layer it probably doesnt even counts and give any effect at all so

dermarolling sucks.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 11/03/2014 7:37 am

if it looks better then it's good, lol

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 11/03/2014 8:48 am

arrrrrrrrrrmmm mite be just tempreataly swelling

MemberMember
(@tricia)

Posted : 11/03/2014 2:23 pm

That can be a good thing that your collagen is restructuring. Do some gentle massage to the areas it will increase the blood flow.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/03/2014 4:24 pm

Scars almost always change shape with collagen induction treatments. The newly formed collagen essentially stretches out the scars in different directions. Google before and after pictures of acne scars after laser treatments, you'll notice the scars changed shape (granted the pictures weren't taken during micro swelling). So yes it's a good thing...your scars should look shallower but wider.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 11/03/2014 6:04 pm

Yeah I did see a video of a close up zoom of whats going on with certain laser treatments, you could visibly see the skin tightenting when the laser struck the skin. Although, I dont know how this would happen with a hand held tool device but it still is the same type of process as the laser, so I cannot really say really lol.

MemberMember
(@anonuser)

Posted : 11/03/2014 8:21 pm

Having had 3 laser+subscion+rf, my scars have changed quite a bit. They seem to become more rolling/linear as the progress goes along - the edges go away but they become linked together and more vertical/horizontal rather than pock marks as they get raised up. They're much better in direct lighting than pock marks but give off worse shadows in certain lighting - but hopefully when I'm done all my treatments, fillers can more easily raise them up.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/04/2014 5:43 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I added a few pictures to the first post where you can see how it looks like. I just dermastamped again and it feels like the scar tissue from other scars are pressured so they turn out to be horizontal?

Scars almost always change shape with collagen induction treatments. The newly formed collagen essentially stretches out the scars in different directions. Google before and after pictures of acne scars after laser treatments, you'll notice the scars changed shape (granted the pictures weren't taken during micro swelling). So yes it's a good thing...your scars should look shallower but wider.

If you look at the pictures I just added to the first post you can see that they are "mini-hypertrophic", but only when I wrinkle my forehead. Why do you think this is?

MemberMember
(@deadwithacne)

Posted : 11/05/2014 10:20 am

err those r forhead wrinkles nt scars lel

for a scientific example personally they come and go for me since p much 11 yrs old so myea? nd ofc i hv no idea nor care wtf causes them other than making faces extendedly, then next moment repairs them again, so i think u should b worying abt ur nose, cheeks, skin overall, faceal oval, proportions, symetry, features etc nope? nt smh so insignificant as tht? besides ur nt a gurl to hv such smooth facey either dude, u do not need it nd shall not get it. period.

MemberMember
(@missamua)

Posted : 11/05/2014 5:09 pm

Julian, I have hypertophic scars when I wrinkle my forehead, just like yours. I have no idea why that is but it's weird. I've done suctioning on those scars and it seemed to have helped them not to raise up when I wrinkle my forehead now.

MemberMember
(@julian1)

Posted : 11/06/2014 9:55 pm

Julian, I have hypertophic scars when I wrinkle my forehead, just like yours. I have no idea why that is but it's weird. I've done suctioning on those scars and it seemed to have helped them not to raise up when I wrinkle my forehead now.

Oh, that is interesting, how did you do the suction method? Did you buy the suction devise on owndoc? It is pretty interesting because they were not raised until I dermastamped my 3rd or 4th time.

I also have those random white hypopigmentation spots which appeared a few weeks after rolling after applying aloe vera gel:

http://forums.owndoc.com/dermarolling-microneedling/tiny-white-pimples-after-dermarolling/

I hope they will go away but I am not very positive since it was almost a month ago now.