New To Using The Re...

Notifications
Clear all

New To Using The Regimen And Got An Important Question. Please Help.

MemberMember
(@magic-mushrooms)

Posted : 11/01/2014 7:56 pm

My current regimen: proactive 3 step formula in the morning and then I moisturizer with cetaphil derma control with SPF 30. at nigth I keep it simple with a cetaphil gentle face wash ( no moisturizer because my skin doesn't get too dry) then I apply tretinoid cream Rigth before bed. I've been on this routine for about 4 or 5 months and it's been working fair, can't complain, but I still get breakouts every now and then consisting of the kinda deep pimples that get inflamed and I have to apply a warm cloth to them to get them to a head. I will be experiment and simply substituting the proactive with the 3 step regimen from this site and see if I get better results. So my new regimen would consist of: 3 step regimen from this site and the cetaphil gentle wash with the tretinoid at nigth but my problem is that I need to add a sunblock in the morning ( because I'm on tretinoid cream which works great) MY QUESTION: can I not use the moisturizer step in the regimen and continue to use my cataphil moisturizer with the SPF instead? Or should I just use the regimen and then use a basic regular SPF after the moisturizer step? I'm worried that by using a different moisturizer will not make the regimen work properly but I really need my SPF . sorry for the long post. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/01/2014 8:48 pm

Using an SPF is highly recommended for anyone on the Reg or using BP so you're good to go there...the Reg works best with the Reg products but many people do variations with success. Go ahead and try the Cetaphil moisturizer with SPF for during the day... if it seems to be working, stick with it, or just use the Reg moisturizer and an SPF over the top. Let us know how you make out! :)

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 11/06/2014 10:31 pm

I second DeLovely's post above. :)