Notifications
Clear all

Does My Acne Look So Bad That I Need To Go On Accutane?

MemberMember
(@christina96)

Posted : 11/01/2014 6:43 pm

[removed]

[removed]

I've been dealing with severe acne for several months and it's making me feel bad about myself. I've never had acne bad like this. Nothing is working and its getting worse. Does it look really bad? Does it look like I need accutane?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/02/2014 1:36 pm

Imo the marks left behind from the acne make your skin look much worse than it actually is. i wouldn't immediately recommend accutane unless youve tried a few things such as :

Diet changes (dairy gluten free for three months)

Increase in fibre rich foods and decrease in junk

Supplementsprescription topicals (several)

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@tay1392)

Posted : 11/16/2014 2:21 pm

doesnt look severe to me. I would say accutane is a last resort. Try some diet changes and get lots of exercise! Cardio has done wonders for me.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/16/2014 3:21 pm

No

On 11/2/2014 at 5:43 AM, Christina96 said:

[removed]

[removed]

I've been dealing with severe acne for several months and it's making me feel bad about myself. I've never had acne bad like this. Nothing is working and its getting worse. Does it look really bad? Does it look like I need accutane?

MemberMember
(@majorpackerfan)

Posted : 11/16/2014 4:34 pm

Not at all. I would say your acne is moderate. Above posters have said it perfectly.

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/16/2014 4:41 pm

what exactly do you do for your skin? it might be something minor you have to change. What is your diet like? what do you wash your skin with? moisterizer? and creams like benzoyl peroxide? what vitamins do you take? supplements? exfoliants? help us help you :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/16/2014 5:30 pm

Ask your derm. Here is my advice. I had similiar skin as you and my derm told me to go on accutane i said no way and came to this site. Everyone told me i dont need accutane and do this and this and this and put this on and eat this and drink this and put this in your face and i listened...and fucked up my face. now im starting accutane like my derm told me to begin with. ASK A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND LISTEN TO HER/HIM this site could be benefical but it could also fuck you up with all these unregulated opionions... be warned.

MN121188 liked
MemberMember
(@fouzi94)

Posted : 11/17/2014 4:51 am

accutane is dangerous( i know i tried it and i still suffer some side effect after stopping it) ,,,,you should try everything else first

MemberMember
(@mn121188)

Posted : 11/17/2014 7:30 am

I also was on accutane a while back, it made my face peel and get super red and break out like crazy. Make it a last resort. Z

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 11/17/2014 11:56 am

Ask your derm. Here is my advice. I had similiar skin as you and my derm told me to go on accutane i said no way and came to this site. Everyone told me i dont need accutane and do this and this and this and put this on and eat this and drink this and put this in your face and i listened...and fucked up my face. now im starting accutane like my derm told me to begin with. ASK A MEDICAL DOCTOR AND LISTEN TO HER/HIM this site could be benefical but it could also fuck you up with all these unregulated opionions... be warned.

Exactly what happened to me.

I tough Accutane was to much for my moderate acne. I tried almost every prescription, house made remedies and diets. They all ended fucking up my face skin even more,creating scars and red marks. (especially differin and benzoyl peroxide)

In one week i'm ending Accutane,and so far it have been a great decision besides the harsh side effects. Hopefully they will be gone after i stop taking the pills.

And same advise,watch out for the opinions you get here, there are a lot of paranoid people but also realistic and neutral ones. Just listen to your derm,family and friends.

derpface liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/17/2014 12:36 pm

Exactly what happened to me.

I tough Accutane was to much for my moderate acne. I tried almost every prescription, house made remedies and diets. They all ended fucking up my face skin even more,creating scars and red marks. (especially differin and benzoyl peroxide)

In one week i'm ending Accutane,and so far it have been a great decision besides the harsh side effects. Hopefully they will be gone after i stop taking the pills.

And same advise,watch out for the opinions you get here, there are a lot of paranoid people but also realistic and neutral ones. Just listen to your derm,family and friends.

Glad to hear the other side is positive...im starting today bro.

Francopld liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/17/2014 1:01 pm

True, we are not medical professionals. Acting on bad advice, or following good advice incorrectly, can certainly have bad results. Ultimately it's up to each person to decide what is best for their skin, whether it's to self-treat or to talk to a derm. A lot of the time, the problem can be treated successfully with the right topicals regimen, perhaps coupled with some simple dietary changes. But ultimately when in doubt or when all other options have been exhausted, it's best to seek professional medical help.

MemberMember
(@francopld)

Posted : 11/17/2014 1:25 pm

Nice to hear that :). If u have some questions or need help or whatever,just send a private message to me.

derpface liked
MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 11/17/2014 1:53 pm

Nice to hear that . If u have some questions or need help or whatever,just send a private message to me.

Thanks bro, I'll probably be taking you up on that..

Francopld liked