Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maddy43

New to board and regimen

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and the regimem. Stumbled across it while trying to find a solution to my mild acne and figured I'd give it a go as nothing else seems to work.

I first got acne when I was about 21 having never had it as a teenager. My doctor put me on the pill Dianette (Diane35) and for 10 wonderful years I was clear. Then I starting to get migraines which were being caused by the pill and had to come off it. The first 6 months everything was fine and skin stayed good but slowly it stated to creep back just once a month to start with so I didn't pay that much attention to it. But gradually the outbreaks lasted longer and increased in amount until eventually it was all the time. It's only ever on my chin and the occasional one or two on my forehead.

Well it's day 7 on the regimem. Skin's not too bad. No redness, only a small amount of flaking but it does feel rather dry and tight. It seems to be clearing things up a fair bit. I've had a few hard spots try and make an appearance but the bp seems to have stopped them in their tracks. Just have a few stubborn ones around my mouth which although are shrinking seem to be taking forever to completely go. I'm using oxy on the spot at the moment as I waiting for Dans bp gel - should be any day now!

I hoping, as my acne is only mild that the bp will knock it on the head and help me to stay clear - Fingers crossed!

Maddy

Well Dans bp gel arrived yesterday and after only two applications I can already tell it is far superior to the Oxy on-the-spot i've been using for the last week. It's much better to apply and doesn't make my skin as irritated. Already this morning the stubborn little crop of spots around my mouth are smaller and a couple which only came up yesterday have already formed a head, which is much quicker than usual, so they should be gone within a couple of days.

I'm on day 8 at the moment and trying my hardest to not touch or pick my face. I hope it all keeps on track, if it does I should be clear in a few weeks. God- I hope so!

Maddy

Well it's day 11. Things haven't really changes since day 8. I can feel a few hard spots deep under my skin forming along my jawline. I guess this is the expected outbreak in week 2. I hope that is all it is. With any luck the bp will keep them from erupting too much. My skin isn't half as dry or tight now though so I think my skin is getting accustomed to the bp.

Maddy

Well it's day 11.  Things haven't really changes since day 8.  I can feel a few hard spots deep under my skin forming along my jawline. I guess this is the expected outbreak in week 2.  I hope that is all it is.  With any luck the bp will keep them from erupting too much.  My skin isn't half as dry or tight now though so I think my skin is getting accustomed to the bp.

Maddy

Keep it up Maddy! I'm waiting for dan's bp gel to arrive and as soon as it does I'll start the regimen so I'm interested to see how well it works.

Keep us posted  biggrin.gif

Hi Dean

Dans bp gel is much better than the ones i the shops.  Much easier to apply and feels better on the skin. So far I seem to be experiencing what it says in the 'What to expect' section.  I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky ones and clear within the first couple of weeks but I guess I'm just gonna have to be paitent.  I have been fighting acne it to one degree or another for the last couple of years so whats a few more weeks.

It's day 12 and My skin looks crap. An old outbreak on the left side of my mouth is finally starting to clear but I now have an outbreak on the right side of my mouth. I had some hard deep painful spots form yesterday along my jawline, I think they are a little smaller this morning although they still hurt.

I really hope this is just the expected outbreak in week two and things start to get better from now on. I was using Neutrogena's oil free moisturiser but today I have switched to Aloe Vera gel as I have used it a lot in the past and I know my skin likes it. The neutrogena was making my skin sore and itchy but when I used the aloe this morning it felt cool and soothing.

I guess I should just keep on and see if things improve in the next few weeks. cry.gif

i didn't see complete clearing until my 2nd or 3rd month. you really need to stick with it, maddy. i think the regimen will work really well for you since you only have mild acne. i, however, would recommend getting a really good eye cream and applying it before the bp. i started to get some wrinkles from the bp but as soon as i started applying the eye cream before the bp they went away lickety-split.

i'm using emu oil some nights and this eye serum made by kara vita. i'm not sure where you can get the eye serum because i think it's a local company (which is too bad because not only has it gotten rid of my under eye wrinkles, it also gets rid of bags under the eye...amazing stuff!). you can get emu oil at most health food stores. i love the stuff...it has great antioxidant properties.

i'm using emu oil some nights and this eye serum made by kara vita.  i'm not sure where you can get the eye serum because i think it's a local company (which is too bad because not only has it gotten rid of my under eye wrinkles, it also gets rid of bags under the eye...amazing stuff!).  you can get emu oil at most health food stores.  i love the stuff...it has great antioxidant properties.