Notifications
Clear all

2.5% Bp Cleansers Available Over-The-Counter?

MemberMember
(@ashammay)

Posted : 10/31/2014 3:42 pm

Guys, I was wondering if there are currently any 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide cleansers available on the market that are sold in stores rather than me having to order it online. Do y'all know of any?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/31/2014 10:17 pm

i dont think cleanser with SA or BP do anything because its washed off right away and not on the skin long enough to do its job

BeccaP liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/01/2014 11:01 am

You could pick up some Neutrogena On The Spot...it's a 2.5% BP but it's not an acne cleanser. It's a good product if you don't want to order acne products online.

Neutrogena and Clean and Clear both have acne cleansers with BP and are available at most drusgstores or Walmart but I don't recommend either because they contain comedogenic ingredients and are not derm rec'd, plus the concentrations are 5% and 10%, which also isn't rec'd. But feel free to try for yourself and see...maybe one of these will work...but acne cleansers are not as effective as applying BP as a separate step and leaving on the skin.

Good luck with whatever you decide! :)

MemberMember
(@anotherstar)

Posted : 11/14/2014 12:57 am

I honestly want to know why there isn't a 2.5% BP cleanser yet! Sometimes I need something more gentle than the BP gel and having a cleanser could help people who have more sensitive skin that is easily dried out in the winter by even the smallest amounts of BP gel. Still the only 2.5% BP wash I know of is proactiv's.. bleh

MemberMember
(@noche)

Posted : 12/03/2014 9:20 pm

Neutrogena clear pore cleanser/mask , there's another clear pore but that one has exfoliating beads.

The one I use has 3.5%BP.

It seems to be ok.

Also there's another one from Wal-Mart, the equate, that is compared to proactiv, but I don't know if its sold separately,I mean because it comes in a kit, with,a cleanser,a toner and a treatment.

MemberMember
(@ripon10)

Posted : 12/04/2014 9:21 pm

Most of the store brand acne products are a bunch of junk anyways.

I use a lot of the Lumiplexion line. She's a esthetician who has sold acne products for about 25 years. She carries both a 5% or 10% BP scrub or wash (scrub exfoliates, wash is gentle). Her recommendation is to use the scrub or wash and massage it into your face for at least one minute. Then rinse off and use the cleanser.

She generally would start you off only using her cleanser, an SA acid medication (which goes on like a toner), followed by sunscreen. At night you would wash and use the BP medication (or sulfur medication if you're allergic to BP). She may also recommend the sulfur mask. My daughter cannot use BP, and the Lumiplexion sulfur cleared her skin and has kept it that way for about four years now.

Her products cost more than Acne.com but less than Proactiv. I highly recommend her line, as it was designed specifically for acne skin.

MemberMember
(@merr07)

Posted : 12/10/2014 6:16 am

yes meron benzoyl peroxide 2.5% kaso by order pwede kayo sumabay sakin pag oorder ko 600php per tube siya 60g na good for 2weeks ang brand name niya Benzac by galderma tulad ng sa cetaphil. pm nyo lang ako sa fb ito email ko imelmerreyes@yahoo.com. sana maka tulong din ako

MemberMember
(@linzstar09)

Posted : 09/16/2015 10:01 am

Rodan and fields has 5%bp