Notifications
Clear all

How Long To See Any Results From Glycolic Acid (Aha+)

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/31/2014 9:43 am

Hey, so don't really get so much active acne any more but by skin texture is a mess. I have some pretty stubborn hyperpigmintation from past acne and my skin has clear bumps all over one of my cheeks (maybe closed comedones?) I hear glycolic acid "works wonders!" for texture and hyperpigmentation. I have been using it for about two weeks twice a day, consistently and have seen no results at all. Is this normal? how much longer should I expect to see at least some results?

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 10/31/2014 10:01 am

I used to do glycolic acid peels a lot on my skin and it worked when I used at least 30-40% but when I use it daily in my toner it does nothing for my red marks. I notice that lately it makes my skin more red because when I don't use it my skin tone looks a lot better. I like it though because it keeps my pores clear. These days I am trying to use witch hazel as my toner more often than the glycolic acid.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/31/2014 12:37 pm

i used it for awhile like half a year , didnt see much results for that period of time , irritations and red patches form

switched to SA 2% , 3x the results i was getting from aha in a month

i have oily skin but now i dont because of SA , only time my skin is oily is when i wake up but after i wash my clean and apply it im good for the day

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 10/31/2014 1:12 pm

From my experience aha (glycolic acid) didn't help with the hyperpigmentation at all (I used Dan's from the Regimen). It is great for getting rid of flakes and moisturizing the skin however. Some hyperpigmentation fades on it's own (can take 6months+) otherwise you need something that speeds up the cell turnover of your skin like a retinoid. Some people on this forum recommend azaelic acid although I am not familiar with it.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/31/2014 1:27 pm

AHHH! WHY DOES EVERYONE HAVE DIFFERENT RESULTS! Before I started GA I was asking around ALL I SAW were comments about how amazing it works NOW YOU ALL are like NOPE!

What type of SA do you use

i used it for awhile like half a year , didnt see much results for that period of time , irritations and red patches form

switched to SA 2% , 3x the results i was getting from aha in a month

i have oily skin but now i dont because of SA , only time my skin is oily is when i wake up but after i wash my clean and apply it im good for the day

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/31/2014 10:19 pm

clean and clear oil absorbing treatment , i dont think they sell them in stores anymore not sure u can research around or check but on amazon they do