Notifications
Clear all

Is This Treatable?

MemberMember
(@pennypennypenny)

Posted : 10/30/2014 7:01 am

I have a feeling I will need something like laser treatment to really sort the problem out!

All over my cheeks (and this only happens in colder months) I get these tiny red marks..kind of like ice pick scars. I don't think they are just clogged pores because when I squeeze them nothing comes out. But when had really bad acne in my teens I only got it on my chin and forehead, never on my cheeks..so I'm wondering how I'd have developed scars?

I've tried a few of the Paula's Choice products but my skin is also very very dry and sensitive so most of them just irritated it even more and made me go bright read! At the moment I'm using grapeseed and coconut oil to calm the redness and dryness which is definitely slowly working. I'm also using Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid which is one of the few products that doesn't irritate it. I occasionally use Apple Cider Vinegar as well..and most nights I put on a thick layer of Cetaphil.

Does anyone have any other suggestions about what this is and if it's treatable? It really does get me down and somehow looks even worse when I put make up on!! I can never look people in the eye and I see people starring all the time..It's been like this for years now whenever the cold months hit and I'm kind of fed up to put it lightly lol oh and that's a showercap around my ear hahaha just realised it looks a little weird

post-415796-0-72001300-1414670497.jpg

post-415796-0-19232300-1414670500.jpg

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 11/06/2014 4:08 pm

Hi -

That is very likely rosacea. Typically flare ups are associated with exposure to heat, but it's actually any form of irritation that makes it inflamed (cold gusts of wind for example). Popping them is definitely going to make it worse (the issue is inflammation, not infection). The typical treatments for acne also tend to make it worse. I would get to a dermatologist to be properly diagnosed.

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 12/01/2014 4:03 pm

That looks like rosacea. Are you sure you bought products that are right for your skin type? Your typical skincare line would be paula's choice skin recovery. You should also try their redness relief treatment. You may also use azelaic acid to treat your bumps and redness. One last very important thing is to use spf daily no matter how cloudy or cold is it as unprotected sun exposure can potentially aggreviate rosacea.

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 12/01/2014 4:03 pm

That looks like rosacea. Are you sure you bought products that are right for your skin type? Your typical skincare line would be paula's choice skin recovery. You should also try their redness relief treatment. You may also use azelaic acid to treat your bumps and redness. One last very important thing is to use spf daily no matter how cloudy or cold is it as unprotected sun exposure can potentially aggreviate rosacea.