Notifications
Clear all

Is Anyone Else Just Mentally Exhausted By Their Acne?

MemberMember
(@ollie10183607)

Posted : 10/27/2014 6:30 am

Is anyone else just exhausted by their acne? Have you tried everything and looking back now your skin has just been getting worse? This is exactly how I feel after three years of dealing with acne. It all began around 16/17 when I started developing spots (although when I look back now wish I had that face than the one I have now) and so I went to my GP who prescribed me duac. This did the job and I was happy with the results. Progressing into my 6th form years I started to notice more and more facial issues, but I just used a simple face wash which kept the acne at bay. I was also put on clindimycin and tetraysal antibiotics but they were not strong enough to contain what was brewing on my face.

I went to Florida in the summer of 2012, and upon returning saw a load of red blemishes around my chin area, but my cheeks were fine. I purchased persa-10 gel (benzol peroxide)n and used that up until around February 2013, when I went to see a dermatologist as my face was steadily worsening. I was then put on Zineryt, which I have to say is the only thing that has truly worked for me and cleared my skin completely. I was so happy with this product, I could finally go out and do stuff, I had confidence with girls, I could look my family in the eye. This lasted around 8 months, but then it all went wrong. My skin became resistant to it and started drying out my skin causing me to break out horrendously. Last christmas was awful, just awful. I lost all my confidence, and my face was a disaster. I went to my GP who told me to persist with it, but this did not last so in March 2013 I went back to my GP and was prescribed epiduo.

I was happy at first with it, but then it started to burn and peel my skin horribly, and it would give me severe dry skin. I persisted with this though, but my confidence was just gone. Has anyone else ever had to live in darkness in their room?

Look into the mirror in a dark room as its the only thing you have left?

Has anyone else put a plastic bag over a light to make the room a different color to normal light, or rolled blinds down to create a darker light so you don't have to see your face in true light?

I have not been able to just walk into a normal room and look in the mirror for over a year now, and its sad. Anyway I continued with Epiduo for a few months, but the benzol peroxide irritated my face and so I decided to purchase Skinoren which is Azaleic Acid. This made me break out horribly at first but after while it was worth it. I felt so much more confident than before, I knew my acne was still their but it was mild and so I could live with it. The week before I came back to uni I was very happy with my skin, but the past few weeks its gone the worst it has ever been. And I mean the worst. A bad batch of skinoren made me break out badly, and it had never really cured my acne just kept it at bay so I went back to the docs. I was given Zineryt again to see if this worked second time round, after a week I stopped as my face was so dry and red and itchy.

So I went back to the docs last monday and was prescribed adapalene....used this for a week but looked in the mirror last night and my face is even worse....redness everywhere, dryness everywhere, skin peeling, looks like my skin has become really irritated by this and made it even more severe. So last night I just put on oilatum and I will do for the next few days.

I have a dermatologist appointment on Wednesday so this needs to be it now...it has gone on long enough and if I have to go on accutane so be it. I am sick of it all now....being the only one on my entire course with bad acne....knowing how bad it is every morning, not being able to do things I want to.

Why so bad things happen to good people?

Does anyone else walk with their heads down when out now as to avoid people? Is it a huge struggle for anyone else to go out to do one tiny chore?

At this moment in time acne is dictating my life and no matter how hard I try it is affecting me badly and without it I would be a genuinely happy person.

I don't expect any replies to this, but if you do just tell me your story, tell me how bad you think your acne is and tell me what methods you have gone to just so you don't have to look at your acne in a normal light.

I am 20 now by the way, and yes my acne is worse than its ever been before.

Thank you for reading.

MemberMember
(@derpface)

Posted : 10/27/2014 7:32 pm

I GOT THE SAME SHIT GOING ON! FUCK PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE OUR ACNE THIS IS THE HAND WE WERE DEALT...LIFE ROLLS ON. ALL I KNOW IS I AINT LOOKING BACK ON MY DEATHBED AT MY WHOLE LIFE THINKING "WHY THE FUCK DID ACNE DICTATE THE WAY MY ONE CHANCE AT LIFE WENT?" NO CHANCE IN FUCK IS THAT HAPPENING I TELL YOU THAT RIGHT NOW! THIS MY LIFE AND I LIVIN IT UP REGARDLESS OF MY SHITTY ASS ACNE RIDDEN FACE....BOO YAH MOTHER FUCKERS!!! THIS MY LIFE!!!

Is anyone else just exhausted by their acne? Have you tried everything and looking back now your skin has just been getting worse? This is exactly how I feel after three years of dealing with acne. It all began around 16/17 when I started developing spots (although when I look back now wish I had that face than the one I have now) and so I went to my GP who prescribed me duac. This did the job and I was happy with the results. Progressing into my 6th form years I started to notice more and more facial issues, but I just used a simple face wash which kept the acne at bay. I was also put on clindimycin and tetraysal antibiotics but they were not strong enough to contain what was brewing on my face.

I went to Florida in the summer of 2012, and upon returning saw a load of red blemishes around my chin area, but my cheeks were fine. I purchased persa-10 gel (benzol peroxide)n and used that up until around February 2013, when I went to see a dermatologist as my face was steadily worsening. I was then put on Zineryt, which I have to say is the only thing that has truly worked for me and cleared my skin completely. I was so happy with this product, I could finally go out and do stuff, I had confidence with girls, I could look my family in the eye. This lasted around 8 months, but then it all went wrong. My skin became resistant to it and started drying out my skin causing me to break out horrendously. Last christmas was awful, just awful. I lost all my confidence, and my face was a disaster. I went to my GP who told me to persist with it, but this did not last so in March 2013 I went back to my GP and was prescribed epiduo.

I was happy at first with it, but then it started to burn and peel my skin horribly, and it would give me severe dry skin. I persisted with this though, but my confidence was just gone. Has anyone else ever had to live in darkness in their room?

Look into the mirror in a dark room as its the only thing you have left?

Has anyone else put a plastic bag over a light to make the room a different color to normal light, or rolled blinds down to create a darker light so you don't have to see your face in true light?

I have not been able to just walk into a normal room and look in the mirror for over a year now, and its sad. Anyway I continued with Epiduo for a few months, but the benzol peroxide irritated my face and so I decided to purchase Skinoren which is Azaleic Acid. This made me break out horribly at first but after while it was worth it. I felt so much more confident than before, I knew my acne was still their but it was mild and so I could live with it. The week before I came back to uni I was very happy with my skin, but the past few weeks its gone the worst it has ever been. And I mean the worst. A bad batch of skinoren made me break out badly, and it had never really cured my acne just kept it at bay so I went back to the docs. I was given Zineryt again to see if this worked second time round, after a week I stopped as my face was so dry and red and itchy.

So I went back to the docs last monday and was prescribed adapalene....used this for a week but looked in the mirror last night and my face is even worse....redness everywhere, dryness everywhere, skin peeling, looks like my skin has become really irritated by this and made it even more severe. So last night I just put on oilatum and I will do for the next few days.

I have a dermatologist appointment on Wednesday so this needs to be it now...it has gone on long enough and if I have to go on accutane so be it. I am sick of it all now....being the only one on my entire course with bad acne....knowing how bad it is every morning, not being able to do things I want to.

Why so bad things happen to good people?

Does anyone else walk with their heads down when out now as to avoid people? Is it a huge struggle for anyone else to go out to do one tiny chore?

At this moment in time acne is dictating my life and no matter how hard I try it is affecting me badly and without it I would be a genuinely happy person.

I don't expect any replies to this, but if you do just tell me your story, tell me how bad you think your acne is and tell me what methods you have gone to just so you don't have to look at your acne in a normal light.

I am 20 now by the way, and yes my acne is worse than its ever been before.

Thank you for reading.

MemberMember
(@kat001)

Posted : 10/27/2014 11:07 pm

I am. had acne since I was 12. I'm 35 now. Been on accutane 4 times. You name it, i've tried it. I'm so tired with it all. :(

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/27/2014 11:18 pm

I am. had acne since I was 12. I'm 35 now. Been on accutane 4 times. You name it, i've tried it. I'm so tired with it all.

A shot in the dark, but if you haven't, you should try these:AHA+, tea tree oil, check your hormones.

MemberMember
(@kat001)

Posted : 10/27/2014 11:34 pm

I am. had acne since I was 12. I'm 35 now. Been on accutane 4 times. You name it, i've tried it. I'm so tired with it all.

A shot in the dark, but if you haven't, you should try these:AHA+, tea tree oil, check your hormones.

Been there, done that. But thanks.