How Do You Treat An...

Notifications
Clear all

How Do You Treat An Shiny T-Zone?

MemberMember
(@rickz1010)

Posted : 10/26/2014 3:16 am

Hello!

I have a shiny t-zone which has bother me for about a year now.

I am in my early twenties and I've never had any real problem with my skin before.

The issue started about a year ago when I've first noticed that my t-zone was becomining very shiny. Which has never occurred before.

I started to read many tips on the internet on how to treat it and I've found that the skin could be dry instead of oily. I thought it sound reasonable because the shineness in my t-zone appears directley after I've stepped out of the shower.

Therefore I've decided to treat my t-zone with oil because many people recommended it. I've bought some jojoba oil and used it for some months, but sadly I've couldn't see any improvement.

Since the jojoba oil didn't work I've begun to read other tips on the internet about shiny t-zones and I've found that the skin could be dehydrated instead of dry. And I've really thought that I've found my problem then because the symtoms really matched. Beacuse I've doesnt drink plenty of waters and I've also thought that I've maybe could see some really, really tiny wrinkles in my t-zone, but it also could be my imagination.

To treat what I've thought was dehydrated skin I've started to drink alots of water everyday and I've also bought an homemade moisturizer which contained hyaluronic acid and glycerin, beacuse I've read that it was the best ingrediens for dehydrated skin?

I've had used the moisturizer for about a month now but I've can't see any improvment. The only thing that has happend is that my skin only becomes more shiny when I've put it on.

Could it be some problem with the product because it isn't made by a real brand, our is my skin just not dehydrated?

I've would really appreciate if someone could help me make my shiny t-zone go away. I've had this for a year now and I've really would do anything to make it disappear!

The symtoms I've have is that it's only my t-zone who is very shiny, not anything else. And it's starts to shine directly after I've stepping out of the shower, but I've think it's becoming more shiny as the days go on. Also I'm a male and I'm in my early twenties and I've never had any trouble with bad skin before. I've never even used a moisturizer before this last year (I've started when my t-zone began to shine).

Would be grateful for some help!

MemberMember
(@psychokitty)

Posted : 10/26/2014 10:26 pm

You could try adding vitamin A and D supplements to your diet...

If you are interested in stopping oil and not necessarily curing it you might look into putting a thin layer of milk of magnesia on it.

In the morning you could try washing your face with an oil absorbing face wash like Olay fresh effects shine shine go away.

I mostly just blot all the time with oil blotting tissues.