Notifications
Clear all

Acne.Org Regimen Progress--15 Yr Old Boy

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/24/2014 6:44 pm

We're on week 3 of the Reg...photos attached.

Most of the marks you see are old acne in the drying stages, some red marks on chin, a few new breakouts on forehead but not bad. Haven't seen any of the bigger zits lately...awesome! Pustules around mouth have dried up except one. Used to wake up with 4-5 new ones every morning. A little hyperpigmentation above upper lip.

Things are moving in the right direction! :)

post-423166-0-65277300-1414194205.jpg

post-423166-0-49146800-1414194217.jpg

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 10/24/2014 7:24 pm

Very good! :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/27/2014 8:48 am

Thanks, we're coming along! Today forehead is looking much better, smoother too. A few of the old scabs have fallen off on their own, with only tiny red marks left behind. I'll share some more pics at the end of this week. A few new breakouts around his mouth and chin but no biggie.

My son's skin is reacting better to BP than mine did. My skin is pretty sensitive where his seems less prone to irritation. I committed a lot of the biggest mistakes when I was doing the Reg including starting too fast. Easing him into BP is making all the difference...No ouchies! :)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/28/2014 4:14 am

Looking good. Most of his forehead looks like its just hyperpigmentation. Honestly I think forehead pigment clears the quickest, followed by the chin, then the cheeks. Goodluck with the progress

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/29/2014 10:24 am

Thanks, appreciate the support...yeah he's going to finish up with some red marks and a few scars...he has a few small chicken pox type scars from picking that have some hyperpigmentation which may linger...but I think you're right that forehead marks heal fast...already some of his older red marks are fading. Just glad we are staying on top of it!

Woke up with 3 new pustules on upper lip but everything else is still looking good.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/01/2014 10:30 am

Week 4 photos...forehead is looking much better compared to last week! Yay!! Making sure to get the hairline and eyebrows good as these have been common places for acne to hide. These areas are staying clear now. Some new breakouts around chin and mouth...he seems to get it worse here than anywhere else. We only do the treatment in his T-zone at this time since cheeks are staying pretty clear, although we use the other products on his whole face. From what I've learned on here, break outs concentrated in the T-zone indicate hormone-driven acne...well, he is a teen! lol

Acne doesn't really seem to bother him too much, except if they are painful. He picked at a few scabs early on but for the most part leaves his skin alone. So glad the treatment isn't making him uncomfortable...he isn't bothered by itching or redness...I was really worried about that because I was miserable during the "hardening phase"...ugh!...took almost 2 weeks for my skin to get back in balance so I could get on with the Reg. We're almost at 2 full pumps, but like I said, we are only treating his T-zone right now. Despite using plenty of moisturizer...typically over 2 pumps...we are starting to see some dryness/flaky skin around his mouth...may get some jojoba oil for the flakes...

Sometimes it feels like 2 steps forward, one back through this process but at least things are moving in the right direction overall so am happy with our progress! :)

post-423166-0-68341500-1414855615.jpg

post-423166-0-09253400-1414855630.jpg

post-423166-0-04103500-1414855640.jpg

post-423166-0-54080300-1414855647.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/10/2014 8:59 am

End of week 5 photos...

Things are coming along...forehead is almost clear!!! (mostly just the 2 larger zits) Most of the marks you're seeing are red marks from old acne where the scabs have fallen off. Skin is getting pretty flaky around his mouth...need to pick up some jojoba oil...

Woke up with some new white pustules around his mouth Sunday morning (not in photos from Saturday)...still his worst area...hormones! Drained a couple of them and they've flattened and will heal fast. Got his first cheek zit..gonna be a larger one. But overall things are still looking good!

My son is visiting his dad overnight...did not send the Regimen products...my ex is terrible about sending home his stuff especially toiletry items...we'll see how his skin does with missing the Regimen...things are under control so should be OK.

He's happy that his skin is flatter and less bumpy! :)

post-423166-0-32823800-1415627961.jpg

post-423166-0-36991600-1415627975.jpg

post-423166-0-40695600-1415628119.jpg

horsey310 liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/12/2014 8:11 pm

Regimen Update: My son's school bus schedule changed due to a kid moving...now he will be getting picked up 15 minutes earlier! (at 7:15am) It was a crunch as it is getting the Reg done in the morning...so we are going to try doing without the morning Reg. Plus, after returning home from his father's with no Reg treatment for about 72 hours, his skin is still looking great, better than ever actually. So we'll see how he does. If acne starts creeping back in, we'll just have to get up even earlier...cross that bridge later...

Not as concerned with 100% crystal clarity as I am about keeping things manageable and keeping his skin looking healthy. May be worth just learning to live with a few pimples...

We'll see...

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/19/2014 8:24 pm

End of week 6 pics...

So we've been only doing the Reg in the evening due to Zack's bus schedule change. So far so good! Clearing continues...mainly what you are seeing now are red marks from old acne as well as flaky skin from BP usage. Thankfully jojoba oil and AHA+ are in the mail!! Can't wait to see those flakes and red marks start to go away. The pustules were less frequent on two dosages a day so we are seeing a few more pustules in the morning (teen hormones!) but no biggie. One pretty large pustule is visible in the 3rd photo. His forehead is looking great compared to a few weeks ago! Acne comes and goes and they seem to heal a lot quicker now and not hang around. Making good progress!! :)

post-423166-0-29223000-1416446519.jpg

post-423166-0-73853700-1416446536.jpg

post-423166-0-91292500-1416446549.jpg

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/26/2014 7:59 pm

Jojoba oil and AHA+ came in the mail!! We tried some jojoba oil mixed in with the moisturizer...this morning Zack's skin had no flakes!!!! He did start getting a few flakes by mid-afternoon but no biggie. Overall his skin looked a lot smoother! Zack's spending Thanksgiving with his father for 4 days...did not send our Big Kit but did send some drugstore regimen products...Purpose Gentle Cleanser, Neutrogena On-The-Spot, and some of the old DKR formula moisturizer. Better than nothing! If he comes home with a few zits, no biggie, but this should at least help. We'll see what his skin looks like when he comes home.

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 11/29/2014 8:44 am

you're almost there! Try to get him to use sunscreen as well. It a perfect age to start protecting his skin form sundamage. Look for one that's not alcohol based and doesn't contain fragrance.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/29/2014 9:00 am

A97: Thanks for visiting our progress log and the words of encouragement! His skin really has come a long way from how it looked in early September. We're hoping he'll be clear by Christmas! :) Yes, a good sunscreen has been on my mind, especially for after winter. He's in school during the day and the sun is down by 4:30 so he'll probably be OK without it during the week at least, but will definitely need to be wearing it every day come spring. Thanks!

A97 liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/30/2014 10:15 pm

End of week 7 photos:

So Zack spent 5 days with his father over Thanksgiving aaaand....

Breakout central! (womp, womp)

His father as it turns out didn't use enough BP...he was concerned about irritation, not realizing his skin was already used to it. Plus, the results do prove that drugstore products are inferior to Dan's products. Going to order a travel Acne.Org Reg Kit for the next visit!

His skin is almost as bad as when we started. Got a doozy brewing on his forehead. Zits have spread to the jawline too. Some noninflamed acne visible on the cheeks in the form of tiny rough bumps. Feel like we're nearly back where we started...oh well!

BTW, the last photo is a good close-up of some red marks/hyperpigmentation from old acne. He had quite a large zit there which inflamed multiple times before healing.

Putting jojoba oil usage on hold until his skin gets a lot clearer. We've used a few times and his skin isn't flaky at all anymore. I also want to rule out jojoba as a breakout contributor!

post-423166-0-15484800-1417403662.jpg

post-423166-0-89962600-1417403678.jpg

post-423166-0-73339900-1417403697.jpg

post-423166-0-68812500-1417403712.jpg

post-423166-0-63495400-1417403728.jpg

post-423166-0-90533500-1417403745.jpg

MemberMember
(@a97)

Posted : 12/03/2014 6:09 pm

It's not possible that jojoba oil is causing breakouts because a pimple takes several weeks to form. The pore should be clogged at first then bacteria multiply and inflammation occurs and all of that cannot happen in just one week. You wanna make sure his skin isn't getting any sort of physical irritation and watch Dan's youtube videos if you hadn't.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/05/2014 11:23 am

Thanks for looking in on us, A97! :) I'm confident about my technique but not sure about his dad's...I sent detailed instructions but knew there was a good chance they would not be followed exactly and knew there would probably be a few zits...never expected the breakout he came home with! When I found out he went light on the treatment I pretty much knew this is what went wrong. That coupled with inferior products...won't make that mistake again!

I'm sure you're right about jojoba oil not being a contributor given we only used a short time, thanks for this! Still, since he isn't flakey at the moment, I'd prefer to continue holding off until his skin clears up some more.

Been back in the routine 5 nights in a row and already his skin is looking much better! The big one on his forehead is nearly gone. Tried spot-treating a couple larger spots on his chin and jawline with a little AHA+ and they were much smaller by the next day! Woohoo!!

BTW, started the body Regimen last night...upper back is breaking out!

A97 liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/07/2014 7:02 pm

So now we are treating bacne too...here's a photo. A little blurry...looks worse in real life. But back is responding well to BP and AHA+. Started back at one pump of BP and one dime-size squirt of AHA+. On day 3 at this dosage. No adverse effects and in fact, skin seems to be responding well. One larger spot has been drawn to a head fairly quickly and the smaller spots have shrunk...body regimen is off to a good start! :)

post-423166-0-55244200-1417996936.jpg

MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 12/08/2014 12:15 pm

wow. You seem really commited. Honestly, if his ane doesn't clear, I suggest taking him to get tests done for his body. Maybe even see a naturopath. Medication doesn't really heal the body. It just suppresses and eliminates acne, depending on what you get. It also does damage to the body.

Some good tests would be food sensitivity and gut health.

Food sensitivity because the "western diet" is the main reason so many Americans have acne.

Gut health because the gut is important to the digestive system. It gets rid of the stuff that causes acne.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/08/2014 1:55 pm

Thanks Melloman for stopping by! My son has pretty typical teen hormonal acne and a family history of acne...his father and myself both had similar acne starting at age 12. His father's resolved around age 19...hoping my son's follows suit. You're absolutely right that diet can play a role, but we are all pretty healthy eaters so at most dairy may be a consideration, but not wise to eliminate dairy at such a young age when he is still growing. I appreciate your support! :)

MemberMember
(@horsey310)

Posted : 12/10/2014 5:29 pm

Best of luck to your son! It seems that he is reacting very well to the BP, so I think if you can manage to keep applications consistent (while he is away with his dad) he should be in the clear very soon :) Kudos to you for being so diligent on his behalf, I'm sure he appreciates it so much. The Regimen can be tough, and having supportive family members is key!

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/13/2014 10:59 am

@Horsey310: Thanks for your kind words and the support! :) We really appreciate it, and you're absolutely right, having the support of family while you're going through this process makes a huge difference! Glad I have this forum to learn from so that I can provide informed support to my son! :)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/17/2014 1:04 pm

End of week 9:

Zack's skin is just about recovered from the Thanksgiving setback. His forehead is looking great! :) The lower half of his face seems to vary...mostly clear for a day or two followed by another round of zits. But they don't hang around, they come to a head and heal fast.

We applied AHA+ for the first time on his face last week, and then a second time yesterday. Already seeing a difference in the hyperpigmentation...old acne marks look smaller and more faded. We're doing a 50/50 mix of AHA+ and moisturizer and applying in the morning once a week. He doesn't have a ton of red marks so this dosage of AHA+ may be enough to be effective.

Skin started getting flaky again and seems dry from the treatment, so we're adding 5-6 drops of jojoba oil to the moisturizer as needed for dryness. His skin seemed dry this morning, so moisturized his face and added the jojoba. Hopefully a few days of this will do the trick and get his skin back in balance.

The bacne is nearly gone. Just hyperpigmentation from old acne left. Will try and add a photo. We've been doing the body regimen at night.

BTW, my son is totally rocking the bleached-out surfer look! hahaha BP is bleaching his hair!

post-423166-0-06115800-1418839286.jpg

post-423166-0-64606000-1418839298.jpg

post-423166-0-01286300-1418839311.jpg

post-423166-0-99286900-1418839329.jpg

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/18/2014 9:35 pm

Looking good delovely! Your son is definitely improving. I see mostly hyperpigmentation spots which should fade within a few months. Also, congratulations on getting moderator here, keep up the good work :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/29/2014 9:18 pm

So I guess this must be week 11?? Haven't posted in almost 2 weeks due to the holidays. So Christmas slackness coupled with a dose of holiday cheer (i.e. sweets, treats, cookies, etc.) has led to yet another holiday setback. Pics to come. His right cheek is a mess, but looking better now. A sizeable zit erupted and burst once and then inflamed again and came to a large white head on Christmas morning (visible in the Christmas day pics) but this one is now gone and scab just fell off today. Just a red mark is visible. Now he's got another huge zit on the side of the same cheek. Looks pretty deep. Hasn't come to a head so far but we're spot treating with AHA+ in hopes it goes down and doesn't get bigger. Some smaller zits intermingled with the larger ones. Forehead has a few zits still looks in good shape. Mainly it's the lower half of his face that is problematic.

The holidays do make it harder to stay faithful with the Regimen with so much going on...it tends to end up on backburner. Thankfully he has another week until he goes back to school so we have some time to get things back under control. Did an a.m. Regimen starting today! :) First time in awhile. Doing 2 rounds per day will definitely help. BTW, we're up to 4 pumps of BP (his skin is handling the BP beautifully so we've been using more!) and 3 pumps of moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 12/31/2014 7:19 am

So I guess this must be week 11?? Haven't posted in almost 2 weeks due to the holidays. So Christmas slackness coupled with a dose of holiday cheer (i.e. sweets, treats, cookies, etc.) has led to yet another holiday setback. Pics to come. His right cheek is a mess, but looking better now. A sizeable zit erupted and burst once and then inflamed again and came to a large white head on Christmas morning (visible in the Christmas day pics) but this one is now gone and scab just fell off today. Just a red mark is visible. Now he's got another huge zit on the side of the same cheek. Looks pretty deep. Hasn't come to a head so far but we're spot treating with AHA+ in hopes it goes down and doesn't get bigger. Some smaller zits intermingled with the larger ones. Forehead has a few zits still looks in good shape. Mainly it's the lower half of his face that is problematic.

The holidays do make it harder to stay faithful with the Regimen with so much going on...it tends to end up on backburner. Thankfully he has another week until he goes back to school so we have some time to get things back under control. Did an a.m. Regimen starting today! First time in awhile. Doing 2 rounds per day will definitely help. BTW, we're up to 4 pumps of BP (his skin is handling the BP beautifully so we've been using more!) and 3 pumps of moisturizer.

I've noticed that food never really affected my face, im starting to think that my hormones are clearing up since im ending puberty. Are you guys using moisturizer after the BP?

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 12/31/2014 9:04 am

Hey Anton, thanks for looking in on us! (:

Yeah, I'm only guessing holiday sweets and eats could be a contributor based on so many others on here reporting their skin worsened after eating foods they don't normally eat. But more likely his teen hormones acting up coupled with being more slack with doing the Regimen. We missed 2 rounds on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, plus have only been doing the Regimen once a day due to his early bus schedule. But...we are making up for lost time and missed doses over break by doing 2 rounds of BP twice a day like we're supposed to. Plus last night we used AHA+ (50/50 mix of AHA and moisturizer) in place of just the moisturizer by itself and this morning his skin is looking so much better!! And this is after only 2 days of doing the Reg twice a day!! And yes, we always moisturize following BP application.

Wow, great news if your teen hormones are leveling out!!!! So does this mean your skin is clearing up, or has cleared up??