Notifications
Clear all

Skin Texture After Dermastamp/roller

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/24/2014 3:39 pm

Hello All,

After months and months and months of research and trying to push myself to finally doing my first dermastamp session at home. I come across a comment which read to the effect of:

"Dermastamp has made my skin have the texture of a burned scar."

Followed by several people claiming they also have had this type of new skin texture appear after dermastamping for a long period of time.

I understand that the punctured collums from the stamp are healed naturally by the body. This healing will be like any other kind of scar tissue you would get from a cut from a fall.

So my question boils down to this - has anyone else noticed this scar tissue plastic face texture after receiving several treatments or has their skin remained in the same state like healthy unscarred skin?

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@nicky30)

Posted : 10/24/2014 5:09 pm

Hi

I used a 1.5mm dermastamp about 6 weeks ago and have noticed some of my pores have scarred. I think this is most likely due to using a longer length than I should have (I have shallow scarring), I have used 0.5mm dermaroller previously with no improvement but didn't make my skin worse. There is so much conflicting info out there with regards to dermarolling it's hard to know what's what :/

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/25/2014 4:46 am

Hi

I used a 1.5mm dermastamp about 6 weeks ago and have noticed some of my pores have scarred.

Hey Nicky,

Thanks for the reply. In your above comment you say that your pores have become scarred. By this do you mean that previously unseen pores have enlarged and stayed this way due to dermastamp?

I also see that you said there was no skin alteration with the 0.5mm - I can imagine this is because it was not deep enough to cause atrophy to the dermis. How long did you stamp with the 0.5mm with how long intervals in between?

I too have very shallow scars. Which are ice pick, mainly visible in strong lighting causing my texture to look terrible.

Look forward to hearing from you.

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 10/25/2014 10:47 am

Never experienced anything like that. I stamped (and rolled) every 4 weeks for over a year. (I am satisfied with my results)

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/25/2014 2:29 pm

Never experienced anything like that.

Hi Nope -

Thanks for your reply. Thats excellent that you are satisfied with your results. Can you tell me if you received any prior treatments before stamping - I.E laser or chemical peel? Also what kind of scars were you treating?

MemberMember
(@nope-avi)

Posted : 10/25/2014 2:50 pm

Never experienced anything like that.

Hi Nope -

Thanks for your reply. Thats excellent that you are satisfied with your results. Can you tell me if you received any prior treatments before stamping - I.E laser or chemical peel? Also what kind of scars were you treating?

Boxcars and rolling scars. I did some glycolic peels, but nothing that would have had an effect on scars.

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/26/2014 7:27 am

BUMP

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/27/2014 8:48 am

I dermarolled one side of my forehead with a .5mm roller probably 5 months ago. I swear it left little pin pricks and/or made pores more prominent. When compared to the other side of my forehead in all lighting it looks worse. I should have examined closer prior to rolling, but this seems like an odd thing to have been preexisting. I wonder if I would be one of those who would get pin holes from fraxel as well - glad i haven't tried that.

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/27/2014 11:38 am

I swear it left little pin pricks and/or made pores more prominent.

Hey Michi -

Sorry to hear that dermarolling has left you with these scars. Ive heard that the roller can cause microtearing, do you think this is what you are seeing?

Had you recieved any chemical peels prior to dermarolling and is your skin very well balanced with oils/water or quite dry when you dermarolled?

I look forward to hearing from you.

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 10/28/2014 1:18 pm

BUMP

MemberMember
(@michi31)

Posted : 10/29/2014 11:36 am

No I've never received those treatments and I have oily skin. It's not devastating because it's only on the side of my forehead and isn't totally visible unless really examining. I'm just glad I tested it out because now I know how my skin reacts.

MemberMember
(@afantastic)

Posted : 11/06/2014 2:59 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 11/06/2014 8:10 pm

i think it helps with every scar except ice pick