Notifications
Clear all

Acne Only On Cheeks?

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/22/2014 5:40 pm

So im a 17 year old male, obviously going through teenage phase of pimples...however, I was wondering...

How come all my pimples flare up on my cheeks? Its so weird cause my jaw and forhead are clear, but my cheeks get about 2 pimples a week. Its so annoying. I sleep on my back all the time too

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/22/2014 6:09 pm

Funny cuz my son's problem areas are everywhere but his cheeks lol...I think it just depends on the individual...a lot of people tend to break out in the same areas, or some areas more than others...my whole face was a problem area lol

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/23/2014 11:23 am

Funny cuz my son's problem areas are everywhere but his cheeks lol...I think it just depends on the individual...a lot of people tend to break out in the same areas, or some areas more than others...my whole face was a problem area lol

Wow, honestly the last place id like to have it is the forehead, since it is the most noticable in the front of your face :( At what age did your acne tend to calm down and slowly get better?

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/23/2014 12:23 pm

Yeah no way to hide 'em there unless you have bangs lol. My particular acne was the worst in my teens, calmed down (but still there) in my 20's, got bad again in my 30's until it finally mysteriously resolved on its own in my late 30's...went out like a lion lol. Everyone is different...Everyone breaks out differently, everyone responds to treatment differently, everyone heals differently. The process is different for everyone.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/23/2014 12:53 pm

Another consideration to your original question: if your cheeks are being irritated by anything, this could be a factor...

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/26/2014 12:35 am

Appreciate the advice debra :)

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/26/2014 10:51 am

Not a prob :)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/26/2014 5:56 pm

From what LF and Overflood said on the other post, your acne may be more related to diet...sounds like my son's is classic hormonal acne since he gets his only in his T zone (forehead, nose, mouth area, chin). See? Everyone has a different piece of the puzzle to share! :)

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/27/2014 12:32 am

From what LF and Overflood said on the other post, your acne may be more related to diet...sounds like my son's is classic hormonal acne since he gets his only in his T zone (forehead, nose, mouth area, chin). See? Everyone has a different piece of the puzzle to share!

Thats true :) Wow after such a long time all I had to do was stop eating fast food, and integrate more vegetables into my diet etc. I hope your son gets his acne cleared soon, thanks for all the help! :D

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/27/2014 7:49 am

We're working on it...he's starting his 4th week of the Reg...little by little his skin is looking better! :)

Feel free to view this post of our progress:

http://acne.org/messageboard/topic/345725-regimen-progress-13-yr-old-boy/