Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alliask

cysts that are no longer inflamed but stick around

i had this MONSTROUS cyst about a month ago. it was about the size of a pinto bean and when it was sore/inflamed, it was quite painful. after 2 weeks or so, the soreness completely went away, but when i touch my face i still feel a lump. the lump is no longer sore or anything, but its still there and its annoying. its about a little smaller than a pinto bean now. ive been putting BP on it as well as hydrocortisone, but its still there. will it ever go away? im guessing its dead tissue in the cyst as opposed to pus because pus gets inflamed and drains. the tissue just stays there. does anyone know what im talking about and know what to do about these annoying cysts? thanks for reading

i know exactly what your talking about, but i don't know how to deal with them myself : (

i think you need to get a cortizone shot at the doctor's office or something. i have a couple of those that are smaller than pinto bean size left over from a recent bad breakout.

I know exactly what you are talking about. I had a few of those before. I just waited it out. Took about 4-5 months for it to completely disappear. If you want it gone in a hurry go see a derm and get a shot for it.

i hate this type the most. its veryhard to get rid off and like said previously, it will slowly level to surface level and then fade away in a few months. its bad if its red though. seems thatthese form hen the infection is quite deep down the skin so even when it swells it won't pop. just keep putting the bp so that more won't surface. i've got 1 on my cheek now. its level on the skin but dark red after about 3 months.