Notifications
Clear all

I Want Clear Skin! Mild Acne. 10-20Mg/week

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/21/2014 9:23 am

First of sorry for my bad english,I'm not native speaker(CROATIA). :)

So my name is Luka,I'm 19 years of age.

Even though I don't have real ACNE acne,I have very unclear skin.Since 15 years old I never had perfect skin,every few days there are outbreaks.

I tried MILLIONS of stuff for acne,creames,losions(erythromycinum,klindamycin),expensive gels.

Junk food,DAIRY and greasy food I totally eliminated from my diet.I drink water only.Hygiene is solid too.

I'm supposed to be in best years of my life,and this bothers me SO MUCH...I feel like my potential is 100%,and I'm at maybe 60% because of unclear skin. I'm so jealous when I see my friends with perfect skin.

Every few days or so small little pimples come out on my shoulders and arms. 95% are whiteheads.

I'm so sick and tired of it,and want to get rid of it FOR GOOD.Then I will be REBORN :D

Sooo...since dermathologist wouldn't prescribe me(pretty sure since I don't have more serious type of acne) Roaccutane,my sister who works in farmacy could get me that...I thought to take 1 pill per week(10 mg),so 1 box could last me for few months.

I read many positive experienceses from people who had mild acne like myself,and that 10-20mg per week cleared them up totally,and it doesn't have stronger side effects due to small dosage!

Here are pics of my face and skin,it looks worse in RL than on these photos :/

I registred on this forum since it has most users,so I figured you guys could encourage me for Roaccutane.

THANKS!

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/21/2014 2:56 pm

Come on guys!!!!!

MemberMember
(@welshy)

Posted : 10/25/2014 5:09 am

I really don't think you should take it without a doctor's supervision. Please be careful!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 10/27/2014 6:44 pm

Just go to a different dermatologist. One of them will prescribe it to you for sure. And I feel like 10mg a week will take almost a year to show any effect. Do you really want that slow of a progress and lose hope? Go on atleast 10mg a day. I've been on Accutane for 5 months now (still have 3 to go - also did a low dose) and have had 0 negative effects! :D

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/28/2014 2:41 pm

Okay,I have box of Roaccutane sitting on my table.

There are 30 pills(10mg each) in package.

I'm starting it tommorow,just need to determine dose...thinking about taking 3 or 4 pills a week(10mg every other day)!

Or to just start lowest dose possible to see will it improve my skin(10mg/week)

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/29/2014 10:06 am

how about i start at 10mg\day;and second month reduce dose to 10mg every other day?

MemberMember
(@rachelkaur)

Posted : 10/29/2014 2:44 pm

Hello !

I'm on 10MG/week at the moment. I started off with 10MG/day and slowly cut to 10MG every other day and so on.

So far so good ! Hope it goes well for you!

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/29/2014 6:23 pm

Rachelkaur hello to you too! You look beautiful :)

Today afternoon I took my first 10mg pill,I'm planning to take 10mg/day for 1 month and after that 10mg every other day.

How long you drank 10mg/DAY? And did it improve look of your skin,if yes,how long did it take for you to start see positive effects?

MemberMember
(@rachelkaur)

Posted : 10/29/2014 11:38 pm

Thank you :)

Honestly, I have been on it for more then a year now !!

My doctor put me on 10MG/DAY ( weight : 42KG ) since my acne was more towards mild to moderate ( My skin had ALOT of small bumps. Some red, some skin colored )

At first my skin took it pretty well, but I started getting facial rash and it was not pretty ! My skin/hair was EXTREMELY dry from such a low dose. That's when I went back to my doctor and he told me to take 10MG every 3 days or so. Right now, my skin is at it's best EVER ! No bumps whatsoever. I still have about 70 pills left to complete my course. At the rate i'm going, I will have to be on it for another year which i'm not sure if i'm comfortable with. My doctor keeps telling me I need to finish the full course so yeah.

Btw I started noticing results after about 4 weeks after. Not flawless but good results !

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 10/30/2014 11:31 am

Same here.My face is full of TINY little whiteheads...and every few days little bumps-pimples form from them.And red discolorations are left after I pick them.

Is Roaccutane gonna work on that too?

MemberMember
(@rachelkaur)

Posted : 10/31/2014 5:33 pm

I cannot comment on that as I did not really have much discoloration.

I would get tiny red bumps but as soon as they went away, the redness did as well.

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 11/17/2014 2:25 pm

Today was my 20th day and pill-I'm taking 10mg/day.

I see little improvement,my skin is no more oily like before,and I feel like my forehead(sides of forehead especially) is clearing up,but there are still whiteheads .Also l can see it's working a little bit on area around nose.

But my main concern is will Roaccutane clear my whiteheads(which I still have a ton on my face and shoulders)? And blackheads on nose? Maybe it will in a few weeks??

Please tell me it will be better in month 2 or 3!

Here are few photos from today.

http://imgur.com/a/YINZI#s6KcPsW

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 12/03/2014 1:10 pm

On my 30th(last pill) I finished first box,and since there were no stash of Roaccutane in my local pharmacy,I didn't drink it for 5 days....

I will get new box today.Should I compensate these 4 days with taking 3-4 pills tommorow,or just continue taking it like these first 30 days(10mg/day)????

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 12/19/2014 7:34 pm

DAY 45 of taking Roaccutane(actual day is 51 because I paused for 6 days after 30th day,shortage of pills)

This was 20th day http://imgur.com/a/YINZI#s6KcPsW

This is from yesterday http://imgur.com/a/vrNr4

NOTE: Please administrators change the name of topic to something like "My Roaccutane journey,10mg/day"

MemberMember
(@luke779)

Posted : 12/20/2014 3:09 pm

cmon!!!