Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey i just started out on b5. im on my fourth day and i am now taking 10 grams a day and taking biotin, centrum, and a b-complex. i am also using the regimen. i have been doing a lot of reading and it comes up a lot that people arent satisfied with the results they get with b5. am i just wasting my time taking 20 pills a day, or is it worth it?

Hey i just started out on b5.  im on my fourth day and i am now taking 10 grams a day and taking biotin, centrum, and a b-complex.  i am also using the regimen.  i have been doing a lot of reading and it comes up a lot that people arent satisfied with the results they get with b5.  am i just wasting my time taking 20 pills a day, or is it worth it?

i have been doing a lot of reading and it comes up a lot that people arent satisfied with the results they get with b5.  am i just wasting my time taking 20 pills a day, or is it worth it?

Isn`t everyones skin who has acne oily? i mean acne can`t form without over production of sebum....what do i know.....good luck with B5

Hi, yeh, but for some people like me, their acne is very oily. I mean bucketloads.

Can i ask to anyone out there, what dosage do I take just to lower oiliness/pore size? (not spots as I have that kinda under control already).

Thanks

I never had any luck unfortunatley, i tryed it for 5-6 weeks, 20mg a day, it made no difference whatsoever sad.gif i hope its more beneficial for you.

also 5-6 weeks isn`t enough time to gauge its effectiveness...your supposed to stay on it at least 3 months because it takes differing amounts of time for people to start producing the COEnzyme A which eventaully stops acne....

In the report on B5 the chief culprit of 'no result' is people not following the dosage and amount of time on the dosage instructions

B5 only works for people who have really really oily skin.  In which I had.  Ive been on B5 now for 8 months at 7grams a day and my face is 95% clear.

Dammit! how do u post pictures here?????  I suck with computer stuff.  I wish I could show you B5 users my results from B5.  Anyone care to tell how to post pics?

sorry i ment 20 tablets of b5 not 20mg! each tablet was 500mg, i think thats rite? it was the comon dosage anyway. I was on it for two months, i just checked, i cudnt really afford to stay on it another month!

i was going to try this as it shrinks pores. but i am not comfortable with taking such large doses.

I was on b5 at 10g a day for 3 months and my skin seemed to clear up very well except for the fact that once every month i would get horrible breakouts that would last for a week and then my skin would clear up for another month before another breakout.Now i am just taking 2-3g every other day and have not really had any breakouts since.

that is bullshit.. some people are just out there to sell their products

read this from his site

"What's worse is it caused nausea, and chronic low energy and fatigue in virtually everyone. In several people it caused cracks in the corners of the mouth that would not heal. Others reported poor wound healing in general. And still others reported headaches."

low energy is bs, when i started taking b5 i felt like superman

only a few people have reported diaharee and those were the ones that didnt take b-complex, and b5 helps with wound healing and is often used to help burn victims...

no headaches yet..

I don't mean to take over this thread, but I have some questions for anyone who knows a lot about B5 or has taken it before. I would post it in the pinned thread but there are so many pages it seems that nobody would read it. Ok, here are my questions. Hopefully the answers I hope to receive help others who were wondering the same things. smile.gif

1. Where do you guys buy your B5? Can it be purchased in a store or does it have to be ordered online?

2. What other supplements should you take while on B5? Is it safe to take Vitamin C?

3. Is it ok to take birth control while on B5?

4. Are there any major side effects from taking B5? (Even post rare ones just for the knowledge).

5. For the people who are on it: Did it work for you and how long did it take before you saw any results? Did you get initial breakouts? How bad was your acne before taking it?

K, that's it. I realize that these answers may be in that other thread but I read the first few pages and don't really want to read all 10 or whatever there is now. Thank-you! biggrin.gif

ive been on b5 for about 2 weeks and i already notice a difference. my skin is a lot drier and clear. my skin just keeps getting clearer. usually my acne will go away in one spot and break out in another but not now it just keeps getting better. now if i can only get rid of these freaking dark spots. before i started taking b5 and usings dans regimen my acne was at an all time worst. ever since then nothing but good has come from the regimen or b5. i take my b5 with centrum, super b-complex, and 4 mg of biotin with 10 grams of b5. i got my b5 at www.swansonvitamins.com for $15.00 for 500 500mg capsules. that is the best deal i have seen.

Yea, thats what i use to get too.  Now I use B5 powder form, 500grams at 10Bux. The only thing i hate about it is the bitter taste.