Notifications
Clear all

I Am A Boy, Can I Use Concealer/foundation To Hide Acne Scars?

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 10/18/2014 11:35 am

I have red acne scars(Pitted), and i can't go out with them. It's so embarrassing because whenever i talk to people, they stare at me and i feel so uncomfortable. So, i heard about some guys who use make up to hide their acne scars. But i have never used makeup, and don't know a single thing about it. Also, i have heard that it can cause more acne, is that true? Please teach me how to use makeup, i am really desperate to cover these red acne scars.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 10/18/2014 11:40 am

you cant cover the pits. only the redness. and it takes too long and quite a bit of effort. and when you sweat it smudges off.

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 10/18/2014 11:44 am

you cant cover the pits. only the redness. and it takes too long and quite a bit of effort. and when you sweat it smudges off.

It's winter in my country so there's no way i am gonna sweat. And they are mostly red, so i don't care if a scar is visible but i don't want anyone to notice my 39 pigmentated marks and scars(yes, i counted them lol).

Is there anyway i can hide them? :(

acnebola liked
MemberMember
(@paigers)

Posted : 10/18/2014 12:29 pm

I have red acne scars(Pitted), and i can't go out with them. It's so embarrassing because whenever i talk to people, they stare at me and i feel so uncomfortable. So, i heard about some guys who use make up to hide their acne scars. But i have never used makeup, and don't know a single thing about it. Also, i have heard that it can cause more acne, is that true? Please teach me how to use makeup, i am really desperate to cover these red acne scars.

Thanks!

Yes, of course you can use makeup! Just find a foundation or concealer that's the right color and apply it gently on the areas you need coverage. You can also use an airbrush setting powder over it for more tone balance and setting.

As far as pitted scars, you can try using a "poreless" primer right before applying makeup. I use some currently and it seems to work fairly well at evening out bumps and holes on the skin.

Makeup can clog pores, and it's a lot of trial and error finding the brand that works for you. Just make sure you take it off as soon as you no longer need it.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@jenjen84)

Posted : 10/18/2014 4:10 pm

If I were you I would go into sephora and have one of the girls find a shade for you maybe even help you apply it they know what they are doing.

MemberMember
(@bloodwar44)

Posted : 10/19/2014 4:48 am

39 pitted scars is going to take hella long to cover lol.

and honestly, idk about you but its difficult to live with the thought of your friends catching you with makeup on, or the thought that you'll be dependent on makeup for the rest of your life and you cant get a girlfriend because some time, that stuff is going to come off and everyone's gonna know you as the makeup guy.

Those pits arent going anywhere , you're pretty much stuck with them for the rest of your life lol unless you do some treatments to lessen them

at most you can put on some concealer.

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 10/19/2014 8:17 am

If I were you I would go into sephora and have one of the girls find a shade for you maybe even help you apply it they know what they are doing.

I agree. Since most cosmetics can irritate skin conditions, try going for a more health concious brand like Tarte. There are also many indie cosmetic companies you can find on Etsy or their own websites, which is an even better options regarding the ingredients used in their products (I personally recommend The All Natural Face, Silk Naturals, OhSudz, and Lucy Minerals). Indie companies always have sample kits so you can find the right shade for you.

Jenjen84 liked
MemberMember
(@majorpackerfan)

Posted : 10/20/2014 2:10 am

Thanks!

Ok man, take it from a guy who wears foundation and setting powder: It is a highly effective way to not only treat acne, but make your skin look better in the mean time.

Stress can cause acne flare ups, redness, etc... and putting on makeup can take away some of that stress, thus helping with acne. I am very much an internal curer of acne.

Now you are going to want to find a non comedegenic makeup brand (just look on the box). I use dermablend cover cream and setting powder, works wonders!

The sad part is you will have to go in to a macy's or makeup store and have them match your color (it is embarrassing, but we are guys, MAN UP). Once they do, let them teach you how to best apply the foundation/ setting powder.

Take it home, and remember MAKEUP WILL NOT HIDE ACNE/ACNE SCARS. It will merely make them less apparent. It will take the attention away from your facial imperfections. So when applying, remember to put on the least amount possible! Less is more for us guys! If we get caught with makeup on, its all over!

Remember to take it off as soon as you don't need it, and boom! Your face looked kick ass, and you can start over tomorrow.

I treat my acne with oral, and topical antiobitoics, along with a healthy diet and plenty of water. My acne improves every day and yes I wear makeup every day.

I maintiain the personal belief that guys have every right to wear makeup as long as we don't look like we have it on! So man, wear the shit proudly!

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 10/20/2014 10:32 am

Thanks!

Ok man, take it from a guy who wears foundation and setting powder: It is a highly effective way to not only treat acne, but make your skin look better in the mean time.

Stress can cause acne flare ups, redness, etc... and putting on makeup can take away some of that stress, thus helping with acne. I am very much an internal curer of acne.

Now you are going to want to find a non comedegenic makeup brand (just look on the box). I use dermablend cover cream and setting powder, works wonders!

The sad part is you will have to go in to a macy's or makeup store and have them match your color (it is embarrassing, but we are guys, MAN UP). Once they do, let them teach you how to best apply the foundation/ setting powder.

Take it home, and remember MAKEUP WILL NOT HIDE ACNE/ACNE SCARS. It will merely make them less apparent. It will take the attention away from your facial imperfections. So when applying, remember to put on the least amount possible! Less is more for us guys! If we get caught with makeup on, its all over!

Remember to take it off as soon as you don't need it, and boom! Your face looked kick ass, and you can start over tomorrow.

I treat my acne with oral, and topical antiobitoics, along with a healthy diet and plenty of water. My acne improves every day and yes I wear makeup every day.

I maintiain the personal belief that guys have every right to wear makeup as long as we don't look like we have it on! So man, wear the shit proudly!

Thanks man, this is what i exactly i think. Everyone thinks that if a guy wears makeup, he is gay. I mean i won't wear it if i didn't had these scars. I also want to feel confident talking to people and that's why i decided to use makeup. I wouldn't even touch foundation or concealer if i didn't had these scars on my face. I just want to hide them and be confident.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 10/20/2014 12:51 pm

u can always buy them online from amazon for cheaper or the korean bb creams that doesnt make you look like youre wearing makeup

MemberMember
(@kimchiimonsturr)

Posted : 10/22/2014 3:37 pm

Wear BB cream!!!! It's huge in Korea. Girls wear it but it's also becoming a cultural norm for guys to wear it too, as it gives a radiant "natural" look and hides acne, redness, and post-inflammatory! :)