Notifications
Clear all

A Postive Finding From Using Kelo Cote Scar Gel On Depressed Scars

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/18/2014 8:11 am

Hello

I was on accutane up to two and a half mopnths ago and got two tiny hypertrophic scars (0.05 -1mm) on my cheek from an ingrown hair on the IB. They were mad red and have filled in on the sides and the kelo Cote Scar Gel is really helping after four week use but still another month or two to go until its all flat

However I also got four very shallow rolling scars ( maybe shallow 1 box scar ) on my cheek from the IB. But I began putting the kelo Cote Scar Gel on them as they were red and the redness has gone down to a light brow pink after a month of use once a day but I've gone to twice a day over the last two weeks and seeing good results

2 off the rolling have filled in by 60%, 1 of them (big one) by 30% and the box scar by 40%

I hope to get dermapen after the 6 months so this is a bonus

Maybe its just normal healing after accutane or redness ? Also I'm skin type 1

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 10/18/2014 2:40 pm

silicone gels are suppose to help with redness alot. i use kelocote as well.

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/20/2014 7:05 am

silicone gels are suppose to help with redness alot. i use kelocote as well.

Yeah, these scars have really improved touch wood. Does any body know if a raised scar can become raised again after its flattened ?

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/22/2014 8:03 am

Yeah, I will experiment with putting it on my few hyper-pigmentation

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/22/2014 9:16 am

I'm tempted to buy this i have been using Aloe vera and see huge results!

Not huge but enough where im getting to a point to turn a blind eye to my head, Before i would just ummmm, Well me being honest, Go straight into depression then would instally think about suicide.

But they have settled down a bit, redness slowly going away don't get me wrong i still don't like them no way i can't %100 turn a blind eye, But hopefully another month i'll be able to go meh give it time being depressed won't help.. So anyway sorry for life story aloe vera is working well my dad used Kelocote on his opertaion scar and far out its gone! stuff does work so i might buy some for acne scars, Is this ALRIGHT to use while on ACCTUANE, thanks

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 10/23/2014 8:04 am

Thanks man i shall buy this and let u guys know

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/23/2014 4:56 pm

Not huge but enough where im getting to a point to turn a blind eye to my head, Before i would just ummmm, Well me being honest, Go straight into depression then would instally think about suicide.

But they have settled down a bit, redness slowly going away don't get me wrong i still don't like them no way i can't %100 turn a blind eye, But hopefully another month i'll be able to go meh give it time being depressed won't help.. So anyway sorry for life story aloe vera is working well my dad used Kelocote on his opertaion scar and far out its gone! stuff does work so i might buy some for acne scars, Is this ALRIGHT to use while on ACCTUANE, thanks

Best time to use it on new scars. Wish I had used it on acctuane maybe I would not be using it now. Did he use sheet or gel? It will make them look red a first but over the next month that will become pink/brown..keep going!!

Do you have deep scars ? what depth?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/23/2014 6:07 pm

Best time to use it on new scars. Wish I had used it on acctuane maybe I would not be using it now. Did he use sheet or gel? It will make them look red a first but over the next month that will become pink/brown..keep going!!

Do you have deep scars ? what depth?

I dont think i have one deep scar, There all inflammatory ones above the surface, I was looking back through picture like 1 month in it was all scars, Not raised nothing, then as i go along with acctuane i noticed the bad ones have turned into inflammatory i thought they where like that the whole time but pictures look/say different.

So there you go

MemberMember
(@imad)

Posted : 10/23/2014 6:08 pm

dam i was hoping they worrk for pitted

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/23/2014 7:01 pm

Hmmm what do these scars mainly focus then? I definitely don't have Pitted (unless they turn to that) Which i really hope/doubt not, Don't have boxer scars, Or rolling or i don't have

Yeah i just have a few inflamed acne, which i have notcied in the last month FINALLY!! Going down, been months and they seem like they are starting to give in, Would kelo cote scar gel work for me? i can provide picture to someone who knows what there talking about :)

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/24/2014 5:12 pm

NB.

Use olive oil to remove the silicone. Nothing else will remove it. it' water proof etc

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/26/2014 5:39 pm

The University of Maryland Medical Center states that silicon gel sheeting or ointment can improve the appearance of some scars that are swollen. It also states that there is no other topical remedy that is proven to work

Source: University of Maryland Medical Center

The last dermatologist, Dr Debra Jaliman, said that you can work on your scars at home. In the office, doctors would use lasers or injections to correct these problems. But there are methods you can try at home to get results.

She suggested using Silicone Scar Bandages. Just cut a bandage to the size of your scar and place it on your skin. Treatment could last from six to eight weeks, but Dr Jaliman said the results are worth the effort.

Find these for around $20 in a drugstore.

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/26/2014 6:56 pm

Hmmm what do these scars mainly focus then? I definitely don't have Pitted (unless they turn to that) Which i really hope/doubt not, Don't have boxer scars, Or rolling or i don't have

Yeah i just have a few inflamed acne, which i have notcied in the last month FINALLY!! Going down, been months and they seem like they are starting to give in, Would kelo cote scar gel work for me? i can provide picture to someone who knows what there talking about t

Yeah sent them on?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/29/2014 2:21 am

Yeah i just have a few inflamed acne, which i have notcied in the last month FINALLY!! Going down, been months and they seem like they are starting to give in, Would kelo cote scar gel work for me? i can provide picture to someone who knows what there talking about t

Yeah sent them on?

This was about 1-2 months ago, They are a bit better i guess.. But still overall roughly the same, Sorry for shit photo's i was trying to get that type of lighting that brings them out and makes them look nasty.. Like the computer screen up all the way, I wanted to show how bad they are in the worse lighting.

Yeah going by picture's i would say tiny bit better, But anyway that's roughly what my "scars" look like sorry for crappy photo's let me know i might buy some kelo cote scar gel these inflamed ones are killing me, Slowly going down just thought Kelo cote scar gel will help

here is the pictures http://imgur.com/a/7fuMK#14 See on the last picture the 3 in a triangle? The one over to the left the bigger one i've been trying to get rid of him for ages it was alot bigger in person, It's getting better now, anyway that's enough of my life story cheers.

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/29/2014 4:03 pm

Yeah sent them on?

This was about 1-2 months ago, They are a bit better i guess.. But still overall roughly the same, Sorry for shit photo's i was trying to get that type of lighting that brings them out and makes them look nasty.. Like the computer screen up all the way, I wanted to show how bad they are in the worse lighting.

Yeah going by picture's i would say tiny bit better, But anyway that's roughly what my "scars" look like sorry for crappy photo's let me know i might buy some kelo cote scar gel these inflamed ones are killing me, Slowly going down just thought Kelo cote scar gel will help

here is the pictures http://imgur.com/a/7fuMK#14 See on the last picture the 3 in a triangle? The one over to the left the bigger one i've been trying to get rid of him for ages it was alot bigger in person, It's getting better now, anyway that's enough of my life story cheers.

Vasline Vasline Vasline if they dry out they will scar otherwise you lot lik a normal accutne patient Don't let them dry out like I did and 2 weeks after they are gone down silicone gel them

Moisture is key to reducing redness over time ...even white heads

Ok so I have been thinking about my treatment using silicone gel

If I add Vitiam C serum into my treatment with a twist

Morning put on silicone gel

Night wash off silicone gel

Put on Vitim C serum on scars only

wait 20 mins

Apply silicone over scar to LOCK IN HEALING OVER NIGHT

Wake up next morning no wash just reply silicone gel

same again

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/29/2014 7:14 pm

Yeah sent them on?

Vasline Vasline Vasline if they dry out they will scar otherwise you lot lik a normal accutne patient Don't let them dry out like I did and 2 weeks after they are gone down silicone gel them

wait 20 mins

same again

Yes i needed that little bit of motivation, see i'll admit in my early course i use shit all moisturizer, my skin was not that dry, last couple of months been reading you need to have it moisturized or it can't heal which i believe so last 3 months been going pretty hard on keeping my skin moisturized it just makes it look so bloody red -_- I didnt use heaps like i did yesterday and damm everything so much less noticeable

BUT i guess i have to get the hell over it would i rather not use moisturizer because it makes them look redder for a bit or have these for life i think i know which option im taking so here we go, No stopping since i have been moisturizing alot i have to agree they have gown down i thought they might of just been going down because this stuff is finally working ahah..

So you said vasline, Do you %100 recommend putting that on my face? I guess you do since you recommended it, it just didnt sound right putting vasline on my face, will it have anything in it that would make me break out? Im going to research now i know vasline is some good stuff if used correctly, I have just been using let me get it...Okay "Oil free moisture" Neutrogena the one they recommend

Let me know how you routine goes btw sounds good

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/30/2014 5:52 am

Yeah sent them on?

wait 20 mins

same again

Yes i needed that little bit of motivation, see i'll admit in my early course i use shit all moisturizer, my skin was not that dry, last couple of months been reading you need to have it moisturized or it can't heal which i believe so last 3 months been going pretty hard on keeping my skin moisturized it just makes it look so bloody red -_- I didnt use heaps like i did yesterday and damm everything so much less noticeable

BUT i guess i have to get the hell over it would i rather not use moisturizer because it makes them look redder for a bit or have these for life i think i know which option im taking so here we go, No stopping since i have been moisturizing alot i have to agree they have gown down i thought they might of just been going down because this stuff is finally working ahah..

So you said vasline, Do you %100 recommend putting that on my face? I guess you do since you recommended it, it just didnt sound right putting vasline on my face, will it have anything in it that would make me break out? Im going to research now i know vasline is some good stuff if used correctly, I have just been using let me get it...Okay "Oil free moisture" Neutrogena the one they recommend

Let me know how you routine goes btw sounds goo

Do you want scars? Fuck redness you like shit anyways on accuatane...but you don't want to look like that in 9 months time?

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 10/30/2014 7:07 pm

Yeah sent them on?

wait 20 mins

same again

Do you want scars? Fuck redness you like shit anyways on accuatane...but you don't want to look like that in 9 months time?

What you said i didnt understand, i got the scars part, Anyway nah ive been using moisturizer, will keep it up i dont want scars

Do you recommend Vaseline more over moisturizer?

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 10/30/2014 8:33 pm

Yeah sent them on?

wait 20 mins

same again

What you said i didnt understand, i got the scars part, Anyway nah ive been using moisturizer, will keep it up i dont want scars

Do you recommend Vaseline more over moisturizer?

Vasaline when at home watching TV going to bed re apply 6 times a day on spots only!!

Moisturizer every morning and night ...No washing with anything rough

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/02/2014 9:49 am

Might try that thanks mate :)

Any news on this Kelo cote scar gel :)

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 11/04/2014 9:11 am

Might try that thanks mate

Any news on this Kelo cote scar gel

yEAH TOUCH WOOD STILL GOING WELL

MemberMember
(@skyline97)

Posted : 11/08/2014 10:11 am

Might try that thanks mate

Any news on this Kelo cote scar gel

yEAH TOUCH WOOD STILL GOING WELL

Thats good man you still notcing improvments, i've been using moisturizer alot mroe and damm they are healing so much faster!

PEOPLE ON ACCTUANE USE MOISTURIZER FUCK THE REDNESS IVE LEARNT!

Anyway thanks! and hopefully its going good for you

MemberMember
(@smackdat2)

Posted : 11/12/2014 3:24 pm

Hey....Yeah the third little indent is filling in nicely. I've upped the game by adding scar way sheets into my routine. I'm at home for the next few weeks so the sheets are being worn 24/7 along with the gel when I have business to take care of. The sheets work more quickly but both work well

Hopefully once the redness has gone they will more full