Notifications
Clear all

Red Light Therapy?

MemberMember
(@melxx20)

Posted : 10/17/2014 2:06 am

I had just starting using red light therapy booth at my tanning salon, in hopes that it helps with my hyperpigmentation and zits on my face. Has anyone had any luck with red light therapy?

MemberMember
(@dee42)

Posted : 04/17/2015 12:23 pm

I know this topic is very old. I will hazard a response anyways...

I have been using the red light for several years now. I find it is best for faster healing of lesions. I have not known it to solve melasma. However, it may help the dark spots left by lesions be of shorter duration.

I also believe it may aid the skin in having a more youthful, plumper appearance, being in my 40's now, having suffered much cystic acne damage over the years, & having been a smoker in the past.

I still have people be consistently surprised that I am over 40. A constant source of amazement for me.

I have read though, that yellow light is best for collagen production, but I have some limits as to what I can afford and have time for.

I definitely, without doubt, believe it has shortened the healing time and sped up that process.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 04/17/2015 7:13 pm

interesting Dee42...what type of red light are you using? I'm always looking for things that help with aging AND acne!!

I know this topic is very old. I will hazard a response anyways...

I have been using the red light for several years now. I find it is best for faster healing of lesions. I have not known it to solve melasma. However, it may help the dark spots left by lesions be of shorter duration.
I also believe it may aid the skin in having a more youthful, plumper appearance, being in my 40's now, having suffered much cystic acne damage over the years, & having been a smoker in the past.
I still have people be consistently surprised that I am over 40. A constant source of amazement for me.
I have read though, that yellow light is best for collagen production, but I have some limits as to what I can afford and have time for.
I definitely, without doubt, believe it has shortened the healing time and sped up that process.

MemberMember
(@shadylee)

Posted : 04/17/2015 7:25 pm

My hubby and I live in a village. A new place opened up, I'm not even sure what you would call it. They offer a bunch of services. Anywhere from teeth whitening to a red light capsule. They also sell jewelry and that's how we ended up in there, I saw a bracelet that I liked lol.

Ok I'll get to the point..haha...So the lady there let me take a look at it. You open it up and theres actually a little place where you undress right in the capsule. You actually do it naked. She said the way to get the most benefits is actually doing it everyday for 10 minutes for the first month. Then you can cut down. She says the benefits are collagen production, faster healing. I googled it and it does look like there can be benefits. I'm tempted to try it but am wondering does it actually work...also going everyday isn't ideal.

I would love to hear if anyone has tried it..

Also am wondering if it is same strength as something that is offered at a derm's office..