Help/prevent Oily S...

Notifications
Clear all

Help/prevent Oily Skin

MemberMember
(@eruiz125)

Posted : 10/15/2014 3:17 pm

Ok first off Im going to apologize because this might be a bit long.

Anyways, I want to start by saying I am on my acne regimin. It consist of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide wash, clindamycin in the morning, sunscreen, benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion at night, and moisturizer (cerave).

About 3 hours after I wash my face I am forced to blot because of how oily my face is. I don't have major breakouts at all anymore. I drink vitamins and roughly 2.5 liters of water daily.

Idk why I get so oily. I feel so unhygienic even though I was my face regularly. If anyone has any suggestions about what I can do differently I would love to know, or any new moisturizers that help. Idk but I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you all.

MemberMember
(@crashoran)

Posted : 10/22/2014 6:55 pm

I'm in the same boat. My advice is just to stay with the regimen you're on right now, because oily skin is an acceptable trade off for having no blemishes. I recently tried to quit epiduo because adapalene (retinoid) makes me super oily, but I started breakout out horribly again.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/23/2014 12:27 am

Daily supplementation with pantothenic acid helps keep my oily zone down. It feels a lot nicer to stop the oil from the inside rather than try to control it from the outside. Last thing you want is another cream to your regimen.

Eyelah and DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@doktrin)

Posted : 10/25/2014 11:22 am

Daily supplementation with pantothenic acid helps keep my oily zone down. It feels a lot nicer to stop the oil from the inside rather than try to control it from the outside. Last thing you want is another cream to your regimen.

How much do you use of each?

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 11/03/2014 12:03 am

Set up a consistent wash schedule. Oily skin becomes oilier often for two reasons: you wash your skin too often, or not enough. Washing your face too often dries out your skin, causing your body to try and compensate by creating more oil. Find a happy medium by washing your face twice daily; when you wake up and before you go to bed are the best time.

MemberMember
(@jennai01)

Posted : 11/07/2014 12:32 am

Once I stopped drinking my daily coffee, my skin became a SIGNIFICANT amount less oily!
Unfortunately that wasn't the cure for my acne though :-(

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/09/2014 3:06 am

How much do you use of each?

I've done different dosages over the years, but right now I'm at 15,000 IU vitamin D and 16,000 IU vitamin A daily. Sounds like a lot but with the brand I'm using right now it's 3 caps of vitamin D and 2 caps vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 05/02/2015 12:05 am

Wash your face frequently will not help you to prevent oil secretion. It can damage your skin so better use facial wipes whenever you feel oily, Facial wipes have natural l ingredients that are not harsh to your skin but instead will keep your skin fresh.

MemberMember
(@naturebox)

Posted : 05/03/2015 8:52 am

Balanced diet/vitamins helped me out a LOT.

MemberMember
(@dod85)

Posted : 05/05/2015 2:43 am

Hi Guys,

Literally registered this morning in order that I could come back on here and spread the word on my now clear (praying i don't jinx it) skin.

I have very oily skin, for years I'd always have pimples and about once every 3-4 weeks a big nasty cyst or boil would break out on my neck.

Tried everything, even removing anything remotely enjoyable from my diet!!

Here's the answer (at least it was for me)...................Neutrogena visibly clear 2-in1 face wash and mask. I apply this 3 times a day and have done for a few months now, literally don't have even a blemish, face feels soft but dry. Anyone with oily skin will know how amazing it feels for your skin to feel "dry."

Anyway just wanted to come back and let you guys know what worked for me, not affiliated with this product and here in Ireland it costs about 6 euro so not going to break the bank to even give it a try (I know when I was at my lowest I tried everything I could).

Lastly I would like to wish you all the best, I know how relentless acne can be and I hope you all find a treatment or product that works for you.

Many thanks.