Notifications
Clear all

Royal Jelly - Anyone Tried This?

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 10/15/2014 2:50 pm

Has anyone tried royal jelly long term? I started taking it last week once & sometimes twice a day on an empty stomach, and so far I noticed that my sinuses are better. Also, I had fewer allergic reactions to things like dust. It's supposed to boost the immune system, and has no side effects (unless you are allergic to bee products).

Has anyone tried royal jelly?

MemberMember
(@freshpowder)

Posted : 10/21/2014 9:30 pm

I take Royal Jelly. It has high amounts of Pantothenic Acid (B5).

Expensive, but healthy. Good for overall immune system.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 10/23/2014 12:13 am

I used a royal jelly based moisturizer once.

There's been some claims over the years that it has anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties, most of which have been debunked.

As far as I know, this stuff is basically bee breast milk. It has a mixture of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Won't hurt but it's probably not a magic bullet for anything.

BTW life-threatening allergies have been documented to royal jelly so be careful.

WishClean liked
MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 11/01/2014 3:31 pm

I take Royal Jelly. It has high amounts of Pantothenic Acid (B5).

Expensive, but healthy. Good for overall immune system.

I used a royal jelly based moisturizer once.

There's been some claims over the years that it has anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties, most of which have been debunked.

As far as I know, this stuff is basically bee breast milk. It has a mixture of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Won't hurt but it's probably not a magic bullet for anything.

BTW life-threatening allergies have been documented to royal jelly so be careful.

UPDATE: I had to stop taking royal jelly. Even though my skin had a healthy glow the 2 weeks I was taking it, I started feeling really fatigued! Since I stopped taking it, I have been feeling more energized. Isn't that weird? I wonder why it's had the opposite effect on me & my immune system.

Now I'm only using it topically as a hair mask and it seems to be working better.

MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 11/09/2014 3:16 am

Is it possible you have an autoimmune disorder lurking? If your immune system is overactive you will feel worse on immune stimulating substances.