Stomach Problem, Ac...

Notifications
Clear all

Stomach Problem, Acne?

MemberMember
(@rikardinho)

Posted : 10/14/2014 5:20 am

Hi everybody. I need your opinion and help.

Will try to keep it short.

Acne around 15, now 29. Still acne. Not really bad, but I feel like shit. And thats is what matters, right?

Since i was around 20 I had big problems with gas in my stomach. Everyday almost. Before bedtime, when I wake up and after every meal. No pain or other stuff. Just gas. Really bad smelling gas. And the strange thing is the bad smell. Never had a fart that did not smell. Must be something strange in my stomach?

This post may seem funny. But am thinking that mabye if I solve the issues with my stomach, then my face skin will also be better.

Can not really tell what food is bad for me. Sandwiches seems to make it worst. But it's like the digestive system is out of function in some way.

So please, what your guess or opinion? This Swedish guy is out of answers.

Regards.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 10/16/2014 2:21 pm

Maybe digestive enzymes before eating will help? I read somewhere else on here recently that betaine HCI+ Pepsin not only helped with stomach problems, but cleared skin.

MemberMember
(@rikardinho)

Posted : 10/16/2014 5:26 pm

Maybe digestive enzymes before eating will help? I read somewhere else on here recently that betaine HCI+ Pepsin not only helped with stomach problems, but cleared skin.

Yeah, also heard that. I will order som betaine HCI., and see If it could help me mabye.

MemberMember
(@chocobot)

Posted : 11/18/2014 8:51 pm

I had similar, I quit eating breakfast cereals and oatmeal, both gave me gas and sometimes diarrhea. I still eat bread and spaghetti sometimes, that seems fine. Definitly, the end of gas and diarrhea helped reduce acne, but it didn't go away. My face is at its best when I get a lot of sleep every day. That seems to be the only thing that works for me, but I have always had difficulty falling asleep so it's difficult to be consistent on that end.

MemberMember
(@il90)

Posted : 12/21/2014 7:11 am

I only have some days that are gassy mostly when I am anxious. Are you bloated too? Try the Betaine HCL 30-45 min after a meal (you should actually get a 'burning sensation' so you'll have to increase dosage until you feel it, and after that you decrease by one pill. That is how you'll know how much you need.)

... Digestive enzymes did absolutely nothing for me... You could always try to repopulate your gut with good bacteria, fermented food such as yogurt, kombucha, fermented cabbage, or just probiotics that you buy at a pharmacy. Have you tried some lchf diet? It might work, as in the bacteria won't have a lot of fiber and I think that is what is causing gas.

Bad smelling gas does not necessarily mean that it is bad though, so maybe go with low-carb diet for a bit.

MemberMember
(@siribai)

Posted : 01/07/2015 3:04 pm

You are probably allergic to something.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@melloman)

Posted : 01/08/2015 6:38 pm

What is in your bowl? It looks so dilicioius!

Acne around 15, now 29. Still acne. Not really bad, but I feel like shit. And thats is what matters, right?

Since i was around 20 I had big problems with gas in my stomach. Everyday almost. Before bedtime, when I wake up and after every meal. No pain or other stuff. Just gas. Really bad smelling gas. And the strange thing is the bad smell. Never had a fart that did not smell. Must be something strange in my stomach?

This post may seem funny. But am thinking that mabye if I solve the issues with my stomach, then my face skin will also be better.

Can not really tell what food is bad for me. Sandwiches seems to make it worst. But it's like the digestive system is out of function in some way.

Regards.

You may have food sensitivities. You should test the foods that you are eating.

MemberMember
(@wannabebeautiful79)

Posted : 01/09/2015 10:22 am

@ mellow man, it's spiralized zucchini noodles (zoodles) with pesto. Not bad at all :)

What is in your bowl? It looks so dilicioius!

Regards.

You may have food sensitivities. You should test the foods that you are eating.

@ mellow man, it's spiralized zucchini noodles (zoodles) with pesto. Not bad at all :)

Sorry, already posted. Idk how to delete and don't have time to figure out how

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@green-gables)

Posted : 01/12/2015 7:32 pm

My digestive issues were cleared up by a combination of Betaine HCL with Pepsin and Daily Essential Enzymes at every meal for 6 months straight.

Melloman liked
MemberMember
(@misterb)

Posted : 01/16/2015 11:34 pm

The digestive system and the skin are definitely connected. Sometimes this connection is called the "gut-skin axis."

I'm glad other folks are recommending betaine HCL because you'd likely benefit from it. Enzymes would be a worth shot, too. You should also add in probiotics in some form. Fermented foods like sauerkraut, kombucha, etc. are often a good way to do this, though some people like to take probiotic pills. Bio-Kult and Prescript Assist are some of the better kinds available.

Plus you should consider adjusting your diet. Grains and dairy are common problem foods for many people. You may want to try an elimination diet where you cut out potential trouble foods and then reintroduce them one at a time to see what you react to. Here's one site that has resources for a good, basic elimination diet - [removed]

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/02/2015 4:44 pm

Yeah, also heard that. I will order som betaine HCI., and see If it could help me mabye.

There is definitely a connection. Google Dr. Chris Kresser and acne. Recently, I began taking Swedish Bitters, but it didn't really help me. What is helping I think is taking a daily probiotic alongside lactoferrin, l-glutamine, and milk kefir. I try to avoid dairy but the kefir I buy is 99% lactose free and is from cows not treated with growth hormones.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 02/03/2015 6:28 am

John457, intere

John457, interesting that you take lactoferrin but are otherwise dairy free? Dairy is a trigger for me so I've always avoided lactoferrin...no issues for you?