Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When I was younger(now 15), my acne was mild and I could talk to people without thinking about them thinking about my acne. NOw my acne is 10 times worse and if I see a anyone who I care seeing me I avoid them, take a different stair case or turn straight around. It does not keeping me from having friends or being homecoming rpincess of my class, but I know poepleare thinking "why is she/he friends with her?" "Have you seen her face?" I sit in the front in class so no one can stare. I miss social events when my acne is looking worse. I can't live like this anymore, does anyone have any suggestions or idea.

If your acne is really bothering you, I'd say see a dermatologist about Accutane. (I'll be going on it shortly.) Other than that, there's makeup. Neutrogena's skin clearing makeup is great, and doesn't make me break out. If you haven't done this already, try flaunting a feature that you like about yourself. Maybe you have really nice hair, or a good body, or nice eyes. Hope I can help. smile.gif

do something to boost your comfidence like work out and flaunt that hot body...or hang out with some really ugly folk and then you'll be the cutest of the bunch lol.gif

Guest brokencocoon
but I know poepleare thinking "why is she/he friends with her?" "Have you seen her face?" I sit in the front in class so no one can stare. I miss social events when my acne is looking worse. I can't live like this anymore, does anyone have any suggestions or idea.

Hey Kayla,

I totally feel your pain. Since my skin broke out terribly three months ago I have avoided seeing my friends, going to weddings, parties, etc. The only time I go out is to go to work. It is very depressing. I am currently on Accutane (the only thing that works) and I'm waiting for it to kick in. I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things. If your acne is really severe I also suggest Accutane, it will boost your confidence big time---believe me I'm an accutane veteran (this is my third course in 9 years)

Good luck!

yeh, no confidence here. I kinda miss whole days off sometimes as I can't take it sometimes

i have no confedence either although people say that i am very attractive i cant help myself to go to the washroom ever single class of the day to look at my acne to see how its going or if its gotten worse i hate it!!! arg!

The only times I really have any problems with my acne is when I go to work, but the people I work with are twice as old as me, much more mature than idiot teenagers, and they're really funny. So they make me feel comfortable and ok about my acne, and I'm ok, at least til I get home and look in the mirror.

But I think you just have to try to be confident, and try to stay around people that make you feel comfortable and ignore morons.

It's hard but, you have to try smile.gif

confidence is everything. this weekend i was down at my house away from my college with my GF and a couple friends...

well one of my friends and I were hiding cuz we were participating in a game of hide and go seek while my gf and the other girl were counting. they started to look for us, and this guy in this electronic wheelchair started...uh....rolling(?) towards them. at first i was just like whateva he's prob just watching....but then he got closer and was all like "...YOU GUYS ARE HOT!!!" and i was like do ya NOT see me sitting here like 10 feet from you??(it was pretty dark out)...so they heard him...got freaked out and went back to the car...

meanwhile, he sees this, and starts to follow them...at this point i was like WTF??? so i started to follow him, but my gf and her friend got into the car and strated to drive around looking for me and my friend...and the guy in the wheelchair was still following them!!!!

my point is, the guy was making quite the effort to get the attention of my gf and her friend...THATS confidence for sure. he wasn't about to let his dissability stop him from meeting someone...and even though i was ready to stop him since it was my woman he was going after, i still commend him for trying!!!

lol, and we worry about our faces eusa_doh.gif

confidence is everything. this weekend i was down at my house away from my college with my GF and a couple friends...

well one of my friends and I were hiding cuz we were participating in a game of hide and go seek while my gf and the other girl were counting. they started to look for us, and this guy in this electronic wheelchair started...uh....rolling(?) towards them. at first i was just like whateva he's prob just watching....but then he got closer and was all like "...YOU GUYS ARE HOT!!!" and i was like do ya NOT see me sitting here like 10 feet from you??(it was pretty dark out)...so they heard him...got freaked out and went back to the car...

meanwhile, he sees this, and starts to follow them...at this point i was like WTF??? so i started to follow him, but my gf and her friend got into the car and strated to drive around looking for me and my friend...and the guy in the wheelchair was still following them!!!!

my point is, the guy was making quite the effort to get the attention of my gf and her friend...THATS confidence for sure. he wasn't about to let his dissability stop him from meeting someone...and even though i was ready to stop him since it was my woman he was going after, i still commend him for trying!!!

lol, and we worry about our faces eusa_doh.gif

lol....while i am very protective of my gf too.....im not sure i would have done that. I don't think he knew i was with them...

but i mean c'mon. damn.

I would have kicked him out of his wheelchair and drove home in it.

Sorry, I'm just really protective about my girlfriend and really worrysome and things. *looks for blushing smilie*                    redface.gif

yea for sure steeple...it was REAL dark...i mean...im sure he was fine...its just the fact that he was really REALLY stalkin my GF, and this worried me somewhat.

but yea katie you're right...attacking a man in a WHEELCHAIR just because i might THINK he's dangerous is prob not a good idea...i just worry about my GF a lot i guess....

so you think physical violence is wrong, but you'll push a disabled person out of their wheel chair and steal it?

interesting priorities.

Hey Kayla,

I totally feel your pain.  Since my skin broke out terribly three months ago I have avoided seeing my friends, going to weddings, parties, etc.  The only time I go out is to go to work. It is very depressing.  I am currently on Accutane (the only thing that works) and I'm waiting for it to kick in.  I cannot wait to get back into the swing of things.  If your acne is really severe I also suggest Accutane,  it will boost your confidence big time---believe me I'm an accutane veteran (this is my third course in 9 years) 

Good luck!

jason that is confidence! my brother once had two broken feet from some bs incident, anyway he was in crutches for a whole summer, his friends thought he was such a stud when he came up on girls anyway. i remember one saying, damn if you come up on a cute chick on crutches you're the man! lol.gif what guys do for girls...