Notifications
Clear all

Seriously? Nothing Works!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 10/13/2014 1:02 am

I am honestly tired.

I do not know what bacteria is on my skin, and why it goes so deep in my pores.

But nothing works. Natural products, OTC products, antibiotics, diet change (no dairy, no gluten, etc...).

Nothing keeps these at bay.

I do not have many, which I guess is a relief compared to what I used to have in my teenage years.

But nearing 40, I keep getting pustules which are looking quite bad.

I had clear skin yesterday evening.

I am now waking up to 2 new pustules right in the middle of my face.

One is in the exact center (not hurting, just growing to a head slowly).

The other one is already hurting a lot and starts to have that disgusting whitish-yellowish center.

I have some Duac gel in my fridge, and just tried put some on them to at least control growth (otherwise they become huge).

Also noticed my skin is shedding an awful lot.

I have a ton of dead skin debris on my face.

Will try to get a proper soap and maybe moisturizer with SA to use.

Or maybe i will just use the soap and keep to BP for now...

This is really a mess.

ps: I do not get how a hurting pustule can simply develop out of the blue from yesterday evening to this morning.....

Now I have to go to work with these horrible things right in the middle of my face..... Awesome.....

MemberMember
(@tylermg)

Posted : 10/13/2014 1:12 am

Have you used this acne.org regimen, if so for how long. I believe if you use it the proper way it should help you maintain a clear face. you only mentioned 2 red bumps, if that's all you have to deal with I think you will be ok :)

MemberMember
(@skwisgaar12)

Posted : 10/13/2014 3:23 pm

I think you should try the diet change again as well as use an all natural cleanser. I went vegan a few months ago, and it helped my acne a lot, but not completely, so I took it a step further and go on a "rawtill4" diet (high carb low fat), where you eat completely raw fruits and veggies until 4 (dinner) where you can cook (still vegan). I have been eating mostly fruit with some veggies thrown in there and usually some kind of starch for dinner. I don't know how well I'm explaining this but you should look up Freelee the banana girl and Durianrider on youtube, they focus on more weight loss, but it has seriously helped my skin soooo much. It seems extreme to most people but your tastes adjust to it after a while. It's also pretty similar to the 80/10/10 diet, so you should look that up too. It's really great because you get to eat huuuge quantities and not feel guilty :)

You have to make sure you eat enough calories though so make sure to enter that in cronometer (which is free). You should be eating at least 3000 calories a day and even more if you exercise.

Oh and about the natural cleanser, I found that it matters less and less which natural cleanser you use the longer you do this diet. You shouldn't use chemicals on your face because it destroys your natural defense system, so you will probably break out once you stop using the chemical stuff, but your skin's natural defense system will come back if you give your body the right nutrients to heal itself. The skin is the last place to get the nutrients it needs, so if it isn't getting it, that means that another part of your body is using it (most likely something in your digestive system) because it needs to heal itself.

Also watch Forks over Knives on Netflix if you can :)

MemberMember
(@marielondon)

Posted : 10/22/2014 3:52 pm

Go and see your doctor. You shouldn't have to suffer there are many different medications creams washes etc they can prescribe you. X

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/22/2014 4:18 pm

AHA+ works for many with adult acne.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/24/2014 1:38 pm

In my 40s now and enjoying clear skin after 24 years of zits, creams, etc...DON'T GIVE UP HOPE!...I'm living proof that it is possible to clear up later in life!!

Ballen liked
MemberMember
(@a-p)

Posted : 10/24/2014 3:34 pm

I am honestly tired.

I do not know what bacteria is on my skin, and why it goes so deep in my pores.

But nothing works. Natural products, OTC products, antibiotics, diet change (no dairy, no gluten, etc...).

Nothing keeps these at bay.

I do not have many, which I guess is a relief compared to what I used to have in my teenage years.

But nearing 40, I keep getting pustules which are looking quite bad.

I had clear skin yesterday evening.

I am now waking up to 2 new pustules right in the middle of my face.

One is in the exact center (not hurting, just growing to a head slowly).

The other one is already hurting a lot and starts to have that disgusting whitish-yellowish center.

I have some Duac gel in my fridge, and just tried put some on them to at least control growth (otherwise they become huge).

Also noticed my skin is shedding an awful lot.

I have a ton of dead skin debris on my face.

Will try to get a proper soap and maybe moisturizer with SA to use.

Or maybe i will just use the soap and keep to BP for now...

This is really a mess.

ps: I do not get how a hurting pustule can simply develop out of the blue from yesterday evening to this morning.....

Now I have to go to work with these horrible things right in the middle of my face..... Awesome.....

You should try cleansing with jergens cold cream. It will replace your face wash and moisturizer. Just follow the directions on the back of the tub. It is my HG.

To me it sounds like your skin is damaged and in need of repair. The cold cream will fix this.