Notifications
Clear all

Things You Learned/gained From Having Acne/and Tips To Help Stay Positive.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 10/12/2014 8:33 pm

I still rely a lot on make up, but I have a very loving and supportive boyfriend who sees me without my makeup and loves me all the same. He even tells me my skin looks better without makeup (as if!). But I appreciate it nonetheless. I feel pretty lucky for never having too many family members/friends comment on my acne or "suggest" things like ProActive as though I've never tried it before. They would never say anything negative because they knew it upset me and would encourage me to try something new to help my acne.

Like you, my battle with active acne is over, but I have some scars and hyperpigmentation that is just as hard to get rid of. Still, this long journey (10 years!) has taught me to be nicer to other people. I wish I didn't need to have acne to learn this lesson, but I'm thankful for it anyway. It's made me be more considerate because I know we all have insecurities, and a lot of the time people like to pick on those to make themselves feel better. But having been on the receiving end of that for so long, I would never want to hurt someone like that.

It's nice to be reminded of all the good that has come out of it. And just in time for Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it. :D

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 10/12/2014 8:50 pm

I am happy with you guys that acne battle is over. I have clearer skin and what we need is to make the good skin we have after the many fights and trials. I thank God that I do not have acne scars, thanks to Vitamin C and E Lotion and Collagen to keep my skin clearer and radiant. I also use facial masks made from natural ingredients like carrots and oatmeal which have whitening effects on my skin.

MemberMember
(@eminem-isback)

Posted : 10/12/2014 10:04 pm

i learnt how to not give a fuck about peoples opinions and not let them define you

MemberMember
(@rob_x_22)

Posted : 10/12/2014 10:15 pm

hahaha