Notifications
Clear all

Can You Get A Permanently Raised Bump On Your Skin That's Not Actually A Pimple Because Of Acne/squeezing?

MemberMember
(@justanotherduder)

Posted : 10/12/2014 3:13 pm

Hello. I'll try to explain this deal.

I had some kinda 'closed closed comedone' bump thing for the longest time on my left cheek. I tried to squeeze it but nothing would come out. It wasn't a pimple and it didn't look too different to the colour of my skin. In the beginning it was much smaller but over about two and a half months it slowly grew in size. It still wasn't that big even when it was at its largest though and so didn't really bother me that much and I ignored it.

However since about a week back I think a zit started growing in the same place. I ended up squeezing my skin *really* hard and finally that closed comedone thing burst out, and then I had to squeeze out a bunch of harder white stuff that had been trapped there for ages (isn't acne charming? I'm embarrassed just writing this story). Then over the next few days the white stuff from the zit started coming out, too. The original scab from the wounded skin is also off now.

All that inside gunk is finally out however my skin is not flat. There's a small bump there now but when I press it, it feels 'flat' - as though nothing's inside it. Usually when you get rid of a pimple and its contents you're left with reddish skin but it's flat and just the flatness makes you relieved, but despite squeezing everything out the skin is still raised a little. When you press an actual acne bump, you can feel that it's 'solid' and that it has some acne content in there, but this bump isn't like that at all. It feels 'flat', like there's nothing inside it. It feels like the sonofabitch is permanent.

Am I just worrying or what? Too early to tell? What is this strange 'empty' bump? It feels just like the rest of the skin on my face but it's red (so right now it still looks like a pimple, ugh). I know the redness will go, but is this small bump now going to be a permanent addition to my face? I've never really felt a bump like this before it's really weird. Its a small bump, about 3-4mm in diameter, but I just hate shit like that.

MemberMember
(@mikael)

Posted : 10/12/2014 3:41 pm

Yes, i have 3 of them :( Bumps that don't hurt nor in any different color of my skin.

MemberMember
(@mrlovalova)

Posted : 10/12/2014 3:41 pm

i wouldn't worry too much.

inflamed skin takes time to heal and flatten, and just becuase you've squeezed out the gunk doesn't mean the area is fully healed, or would heal in days time for that matter. this wasn't probably your everyday small whitehead.

i'm talking from experience saying that some of them take time to fully heal..a good couple of weeks IS possible. it's unlikely it would scar in the form of a raised bump.

leave it alone, and don't squeeze the gunk out next time you encounter one of those..you probably added some infalmmation and thus recovery time by doing so.

elli113 liked
MemberMember
(@justanotherduder)

Posted : 10/12/2014 4:44 pm

Yes, i have 3 of them Bumps that don't hurt nor in any different color of my skin.

Sorry dude. At least they're the same colour of the skin though. I doubt anyone really notices them.

i wouldn't worry too much.

inflamed skin takes time to heal and flatten, and just becuase you've squeezed out the gunk doesn't mean the area is fully healed, or would heal in days time for that matter. this wasn't probably your everyday small whitehead.

i'm talking from experience saying that some of them take time to fully heal..a good couple of weeks IS possible. it's unlikely it would scar in the form of a raised bump.

leave it alone, and don't squeeze the gunk out next time you encounter one of those..you probably added some infalmmation and thus recovery time by doing so.

Yeah... I'm so upset at how my skin looks right now. Because of all the squeezing, quite a large circular diameter of skin got messed up. It looks like the biggest mark on Brad Pitt's face in this pic but redder:

618_showbiz_brad_juliette.jpg

It's under my left eye, next to my nose. The bumped area is much smaller though. It's gonna take so fucking to heal man. As long as it's there I'm not gonna have any confidence and I have to give a job interview next week. I suffer from body dysmorphic disorder and this kind of shit really fucks me up. I hate it. :(

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/12/2014 4:57 pm

Hello. I'll try to explain this deal.

I had some kinda 'closed closed comedone' bump thing for the longest time on my left cheek. I tried to squeeze it but nothing would come out. It wasn't a pimple and it didn't look too different to the colour of my skin. In the beginning it was much smaller but over about two and a half months it slowly grew in size. It still wasn't that big even when it was at its largest though and so didn't really bother me that much and I ignored it.

However since about a week back I think a zit started growing in the same place. I ended up squeezing my skin *really* hard and finally that closed comedone thing burst out, and then I had to squeeze out a bunch of harder white stuff that had been trapped there for ages (isn't acne charming? I'm embarrassed just writing this story). Then over the next few days the white stuff from the zit started coming out, too. The original scab from the wounded skin is also off now.

All that inside gunk is finally out however my skin is not flat. There's a small bump there now but when I press it, it feels 'flat' - as though nothing's inside it. Usually when you get rid of a pimple and its contents you're left with reddish skin but it's flat and just the flatness makes you relieved, but despite squeezing everything out the skin is still raised a little. When you press an actual acne bump, you can feel that it's 'solid' and that it has some acne content in there, but this bump isn't like that at all. It feels 'flat', like there's nothing inside it. It feels like the sonofabitch is permanent.

Am I just worrying or what? Too early to tell? What is this strange 'empty' bump? It feels just like the rest of the skin on my face but it's red (so right now it still looks like a pimple, ugh). I know the redness will go, but is this small bump now going to be a permanent addition to my face? I've never really felt a bump like this before it's really weird. Its a small bump, about 3-4mm in diameter, but I just hate shit like that.

oh man i dont really struggle with a lot of acne anymore thankfully but i had this bump ( i wrote a post on it too) I was a small redish bump that looked dark on parts of it. I had it since early last spring. I put stuff on it and it really didn't budge. So like 2 or 3 weeks ago i took two cotton tips and i swear lightly pressed on it not even that hard and blood litterally poured out of it. I was in total shock. Not the bump is nice and flat and not their... but like it was sitting on my face for like 7 months. what the heck

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 10/12/2014 8:35 pm

Yes I also had that comedone bump on my forehead and left cheek and they were awful so I decided to go to my dermatologist to remove them.. They applied topical anesthesia to remove the comedone and cuterized them. Comedone is the medical term for bumps on the skin that are the result of a clogged pore. The pore could be partially or fully blocked, which causes the formation of either a blackhead or a whitehead, respectively. The number of comedones on the skin along with other types of blemishes, like zits and pimples, determines if it is classified as acne. A single comedo, or a small grouping, is not categorized as acne, but is sometimes called comedonal acne.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/13/2014 3:08 pm

I have a scar on my leg from trying to squeeze what I thought was a pimple (nothing ever came out), it's a red bump and has been there for years and I hate it with a flaming passion. Apparently I squeezed the hell out of it because I am a bit of an obsessive picker, but it's been so long I hardly remember. Looking back I wish I never touched it. That being said I recently had a hormonal beast of a zit on my chin that I was scared was going to leave a bump (I don't have any of those bump scars on my face), but it went flat a few days later.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/13/2014 3:13 pm

I have a scar on my leg from trying to squeeze what I thought was a pimple (nothing ever came out), it's a red bump and has been there for years and I hate it with a flaming passion. Apparently I squeezed the hell out of it because I am a bit of an obsessive picker, but it's been so long I hardly remember. Looking back I wish I never touched it. That being said I recently had a hormonal beast of a zit on my chin that I was scared was going to leave a bump (I don't have any of those bump scars on my face), but it went flat a few days later.

Looking back, you should NEVER pick, touch or squeeze 99% of formations. Ever.

MemberMember
(@kitteechaosyahoo-com)

Posted : 10/13/2014 4:00 pm

Looking back, you should NEVER pick, touch or squeeze 99% of formations. Ever.

You're telling me. But I'm not going to lie, I've popped some zits before that I did not regret. The one that left me with a scar is not one of them :P

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/15/2014 9:31 pm

Yes, definitely. I've got one on each side of my face. Every so often they'll get inflamed and then go back to their former raised bump state, still unresolved. It's basically just a huge zit that never resolved. Very annoying!

MemberMember
(@prettysam)

Posted : 05/01/2015 11:55 pm

Yes, regular facial treatment is needed to avoid bumps because these are dead cells. Exfoliating is one one to ease these bumps. These bumps are also cause by dirt and you can use facial wipes to deep cleanse your skin. It is very handy and you can bring it anywhere.

MemberMember
(@user673706)

Posted : 07/03/2018 3:35 pm

Hi, I wonder if you still have this bump cause I suffer from the exact same problem and Im really nervous about it, I dont want it to stay on my face its making me stressed and I lost my self-confidence. Please update on whether you still have it or you got rid of it or it just went away by itself. Thanks.