Notifications
Clear all

Chin Cystic Acne

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 10/12/2014 11:45 am

Hi Guys

For the past year ive been getting cystic acne on my chin. Ive had light to moderate acne my entire life but it has always been somthing that I kept under control until recently. Im 27 years old and for the past 6 months ive been noticing my chin getting worse and its really affecting my confidence and self esteem.

When I was younger i would get pimples here and there nothing serious, i would pop em and they never left marks i had an overall even skin tone. I have always cnsidered myself an attarctive girl but since im having this problem I feel that people only notice my acne. Im getting lumps on the side of my face that take months to go away and even if i dont touch them they stll leave marks. Ive been to the dermatologist he prescribed mincycline (an antibiotic) and epiduo. I know it gets worse before it gets better but i still dont see results after 3 weeks of treatment. I just want it to go away but i cant find the cause of my breakouts, my chin is filed with marks and i dont know what to do. The doctor said it could be hormonal, so i took a blood test, i will get he results next week. If thats the cause of my acne my other main concern is the scarring. Im taking Vitamin B,C and A to help my skin renew itself and avoid scars,also aloe Vera and lemon.

PS. Everything started when i decided to do a lifestyle change and started eating organic. Stop sodas, fast fods and less carbs. I lost a lot of weight but for some reason my skin went crazy!. I dont understant cause i was eating pretty "clean". I evaluated what i was eating and noticed that i was eating a lot of dairy products. for example instead of eating chips i would buy a yougurt. Trying to connect the dots here, i think my extreme diet messed up my hormones.

Im posting before and after pics of myself without makeup the fist one is from about a year ago. CLEAR skin no marks and the second one is how my skin looks now. Ive read my skin is purging due the medication thats why it looks worse but its so discouriging.

Marilina Flores

post-428288-0-73778600-1413132106.jpg

post-428288-0-57880300-1413132128.jpg

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 10/13/2014 2:15 pm

Boy can I relate to you! The only difference is I never really had clear skin, I had acne in high school all the way up to last year. I'm 28 and it got so bad last year (coincidentally 27, same age you are) that I was just desperate to try anything. I went on a vacation cruise last year, probably the only one I'll ever get to go on, and I had about 15 painful cysts all over my chin and sides. I'll never forget looking like that on the biggest vacation of my life. I've tried it all and amazingly, the only thing to do anything was the regimen. The change was almost immediate, then came the flakes, which lasted a few months and sometimes comes and goes, but I am just clear, plain and simple. I love it. The results told me that it was mostly a cosmetic issue.

If you don't want to try the regimen, the only other thing I can suggest is to use your topical medication all over, not just spot treating. Spot treating does little to nothing when the problem is really bad. You've got to slather it all over right before bedtime for it to take the biggest effect.

Keep us posted on the results of your hormone tests! I'm rooting for you! Oh and I also wanted to say, I've had cysts over and over on every inch of my chin and sides/cheeks, and my scars have already faded so much since I got clear that they barely bother me at all anymore. I thought maybe that would make you feel better, they will most definitely fade! I don't even use anything on them besides my regimen products.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/13/2014 2:51 pm

Aha+ and hemp seed oil alone does it for my severe acne.

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 10/14/2014 5:48 pm

GeminiRock19,

im getting my results tomorrow, let pray its hormonal.

If it is i can solve the problem with birth control pills. if not, i do not know what im going to do

Im from Puerto Rico so the xtreme heat and humidity does not help either. Do you have any before after pics?

Im applying epiduo every night, my skin is sooooo dry right now, its all red and flaky but i guess that will eventually go away.

got my appointment with the derm on friday. will keep you posted nxt week!

MemberMember
(@geminirock19)

Posted : 10/15/2014 7:13 am

There's no hope if you still have it by your age.

I would kind of expect more from a veteran member... something a little more positive. That's just not true, by the way. I just got clear this past year and I'm 28

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/16/2014 12:09 am

There's no hope if you still have it by your age.

I would kind of expect more from a veteran member... something a little more positive. That's just not true, by the way. I just got clear this past year and I'm 28

So veteran members have to behave a certain way just to make you happy?

And 28 is a long time to live with acne and some live with it in their entire lives. There is no hope for people like that to get clear.

Dude, she just said she got clear at 28.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/22/2014 4:16 pm

wtf its way way too fucking late, your best years are already gone and in few years you might get old (most likely) already so like fucking whatever

It's sad you think your best years are over at 27. You can always make the next year better than every previous year.

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 10/23/2014 5:06 pm

please dont post negative comments on my post

im trying to stay positive and get results

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/23/2014 11:33 pm

wtf its way way too fucking late, your best years are already gone and in few years you might get old (most likely) already so like fucking whatever

It's sad you think your best years are over at 27. You can always make the next year better than every previous year.

That's a load of crap.

A person looks best in their early 20's. By the time you're in your 30's your looks are fading anyway or probably have already faded away. If you have acne you never had a chance to look good unlike the majority of people.

Looks aren't everything. It's almost nothing, and has nothing to do with having a good year. Unless you let it.

You wont get closer to getting rid of your acne by not trying and learning new things. Your negativity does nothing to help, and does not represent reality.

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/24/2014 3:23 pm

My acne really flared up in my 30s...looked a lot like yours...I also did a complete lifestyle revamp to get healthy...but despite what some people think THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE...and at any age! I look and feel way better now in my 40s than I ever did in my teens or 20s. 40 is fabulous! :)

Wish I'd tried dairy elimination years ago...I've read several threads about a correlation between dairy and acne...something to look into...

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 10/24/2014 5:57 pm

Hi Guys

UDPATE!

I got my test results and took 'em to the gynecologist, its not hormonal. so i guess its food-related

I decided to stop al dairy products and bought organic soy Milk, makes me a bit constipated though.... any suggestions?

im starting the acne.org regimen twice a day but with epiduo fillin in for benzoyl peroxide. i clean my face with cerave, medication and finally non-comodogenic mostorizer. in the morning I use Aczone instead of epiduo, as prescribed by my dermatologist

Im still getting breakouts here and there but not cystic like they used to be, mostly whiteheads and backheads, i guess thats my skin purging.

the only thing thats really bothering me is the scars, its been 3 weeks and they are still very visible, when i was younger i would pop them and the scar was gone in a couple of days. im waiting to cure the acne before proceding with treating the scars. what procedures have woked for you?

Thanks,

Marilina

My acne really flared up in my 30s...looked a lot like yours...I also did a complete lifestyle revamp to get healthy...but despite what some people think THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE...and at any age! I look and feel way better now in my 40s than I ever did in my teens or 20s. 40 is fabulous!

Wish I'd tried dairy elimination years ago...I've read several threads about a correlation between dairy and acne...something to look into...

Hi Debbrayr

yes, ive read about it.. they are injecting cows with hormones and thats one of the main causes of chin acne. i made that lyfestyle change but i started substiuting meals with yougurt and that's when my acne got even worse. I had acne in my teens and some pimples here and there in my early 20's but it has never gotten like the picture shown above. i has affected my confidence to a point where i dont even want to go out or want other people to see me like this. its very embarrising to suffer frm such bad acne at this age. Plus I work in the fashion industry, so you know its sad but looks are just everything....

Marilina

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 10/24/2014 6:12 pm

Eat plenty of fiber...high fiber cereal, plenty of raw veggies, plenty of water too...I always keep a little Milk of Mag in the house for good measure. Miralax is good too...I took this daily when preg because my prenatal vitamins made me constipated. I still have some red marks which don't really bother me but would be nice to take care of someday...they do fade on their own with time...but smart plan to get clear before worrying about getting rid of the red marks...AHA is great for helping to speed up the process.

I don't know if it's all dairy or if organic dairy is OK...organic milk does not contain the synthetic hormones or antibiotics...I only buy organic milk and eggs for this reason...something to look into...

Try not to let acne get you down...THINGS WILL GET BETTER!

Keep us posted! :)

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/27/2014 3:41 pm

If looks are nothing then why are you on this site? Acne shouldn't matter to you.

Everything I try/have tried has failed to get rid of acne. A positive attitude would not help, either. And my attitude is the result of the reality of the situation.

I'm here because I don't want to have acne. Most of my acne (95%) is under control, except my blackheads or whatever I have.. What I meant (and what I wrote) was that you shouldn't let your acne control you happiness.

A positive attitude helps your self esteem and your outlook on life. The higher self esteem you have, the more things you'll try. There are tons of things you still haven't tried.. You're supposed to enjoy the ride of life, if you choose to do so is entirely up to you.

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 11/02/2014 1:08 pm

hi guys

ive been on epiduo and Aczone for a month now and im still getting cysts. I was taking mynocyclin but my dermatology told me to stop because it gave me Candida. Antabiotics kill your good bacteria that keep the yeast under control. It was giving horrable low abdominal pain, bloading and constipation. Im taking probiotic and antifungus prescription. Im near my menstral cycle and woke up with 3 cysts on my chin. it turns out I have polycystic ovarian disorder, I guess that's whats driving my skin crazy. ive tried everything topical and guess its not enough im gonna start with birth control. my skin looks like this now

post-428288-0-89108200-1414951189.jpg

post-428288-0-35655200-1414951204.jpg

DeLovely liked
MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 11/02/2014 1:24 pm

One month into any topical regimen is not enough time. at the 3 month mark you should syart to see more positive then negative changes. There is definitely a hormonal component to your acne so the addition on internal stuff should help.

Good luck. its a long process so keep motivated.

MemberMember
(@mmo0690)

Posted : 11/02/2014 1:47 pm

Hi OP,

I think you are roughly the same age as me and my acne is almost like yours. I am currently taking doxycycline and Zinerty which helps a lot with inflammation. I did some blood test and my doc said I m low in vitamin D. So he prescribed really strong vit D. And taking two pills a week. It might be something you could look into also. I live in uk so not a lot sun here. I am also using de la cruz sulphur ointment which seems to do its job.

Anyway, please kindly posted the updates.

And good luck

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 11/04/2014 10:18 pm

just bought Vitamin D I hope it works.. :)

MemberMember
(@delovely)

Posted : 11/05/2014 9:28 am

At least you know what's making your skin go crazy...if you can treat the root problem hopefully the cysts will clear up...Hang in there and STAY POSITIVE!! :)

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 11/10/2014 9:55 pm

hi guys

the probiotics, vitamin D and the regimen are really working out for me. I ran out of epiduo samples so im just using benzole peroxide from Clearasil. it works wonders. plus am also in the pill now, I have some ovarian cysts so that could also be the root of the problem.

my candida from the antibiotics is uch better, started a no sugar, no carbs diet..

im trying to attach the pic but it wont let me.. will do it later

MemberMember
(@mandystrope)

Posted : 11/10/2014 10:40 pm

Hello marilinaflo, Popping cystic acne is not advisable. When cystic acne bursts, infections can spread and will result to more breakouts. My skin is prone to acne since I was a teen and I am just using natural manuka honey. I also was my face twice a day (morning and evening) using mild soap. Excessive washing is not also good because it stops the production of natural oils from our body.

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 02/03/2015 3:31 am

Hi Guys its been a while since i posted.

As you can see in my previous posts i tried the caveman regimen and it did not work for me at all. my cistic acne on the right side of my face got worse.

So i decided to visit the dematologist again. When she saw me she got so mad she basically started screaming at me asking me why didnt i follow the regimen she suggested. This happened the first week of December 2014. She decided to start me on a completly new regmen.

First, That torture Facial

I really thought this was gonna be a relaxing day at the spa. well it was not! im basically talking about poking needles in my face to drain all the acne and the inflamation. Once i got out of my facial all the inflammation subsided and the puss was drained. Started doing this every two weeks, then three and so on. After my acne is cured we are gonna start treating the scars.

2nd dermatologist treatment

She prescribed aczone to deal with all the inflammed acne. The healing process of each spot is accelareated on this topical but it does not prevent new acne from forming.

then, the medicine i had the horrible expirience with, TAZORAC. She said the first time i used it i applied to much and it just burned the first layer of my face... it was that bad!

Got prescribed 0.1 Tazorac. but i only apply a pea size amount

The overall complation of my face looks much better my skin tone is much even. Im starting week 5 and im still purging. its not as bad as the first weeks buti still get smal pimples and black heads were i broke out the first time. The right side of my face where I had all the cysts is almost completly clear. but still left with about 4 boxcars. (never had acne that left scarring before, kinda upset about that)

REGIMEN

Monrning:

-Wash my face with water

-Apply Neutrogena Alcohol Free toner

-DML 25 SPF Mostorizer or Neutrogena Dry-touch SPF 80 if im going to be outside in the sun for long

Night

-Wash my face with Cerave Foaming Cleanser for normal to oily skin

-Apply Cerave Facial Mostorizer PM

-after an hoour apply TAZORRAC 0.1

I was taking multi Vitamins but my dermatologist decided against it. She told me B vitamns cause acne. So im gonna ask her wish vitamis can i take that wont affect my face. even if i have to purchuse them individually.

As i nentioned before i have polycistic ovarion disorder, im positive this is one of the main causes of my sudden acne at 27 years old. i started taking cryselle BC to treat the ovarian cysts but it was giving me facial hair and more breakouts. My dermatogist recommended Orto tri Cyclin Lo and it was prescried by my GO. Since then....No more Chin breakouts!

I keep taing probiotics, lots of water, Vitamin C 1000 mg and cocunut oil (one tblspoon after dinner)

So far I am really sticking to my regimen and I am really seeig results!

Im quite excited

Marilina

MemberMember
(@billygirl)

Posted : 02/03/2015 4:37 am

I had the same cystic acne in my late twenties (and it came back briefly in my 30s). If you have PCOS, have you tried cutting back on (or out) white carbs and sugary foods? Sorry if I'm suggesting what you've already tried, but the insulin response aggravates some people's acne, so it might help if it's something you haven't thought of. It's also good for PCOS.

MemberMember
(@marilinaflo)

Posted : 02/04/2015 5:02 am

did the candida diet.. did not help much

but thanks

MemberMember
(@healthyalmonds)

Posted : 02/04/2015 9:40 am

I had cystic acne that was caused by bacteria (Staphylococcus aureus) that lived in my nostrils. That bacteria also caused me painful nose infections. I got rid of it using Triple Antibiotic Ointment to my nostrils for one month. I've cured myself of nose sores and cystic acne.

The bacteria causing your acne may be in your nostrils, or even your ears. Are you prone to ear or nose infections? Are either of them chronically stuffy? Do you get pimples in your nose or ears?

Please take a look at my post here People have put TAO and other anti-microbial agents in their nostrils/ears and have noticed an improvement with their acne and sores.

MemberMember
(@intothepavement)

Posted : 03/10/2015 8:49 pm

That's so bizarre, that's 4 women I've seen on this site tonight (5 if you include me) who have been around age 27 and developed acne suddenly right after starting to transition to a more 'healthy' lifestyle..

Mine started about 3 weeks after I stopped eating meat, all fast food and non-organic dairy, and started working out.