Notifications
Clear all

Dermablend Professional Cover Creme Tips

MemberMember
(@messy1)

Posted : 10/11/2014 8:00 pm

Im a 16 y/o male and currently on scarring treatments so i decided to get somthing to cover my scars for the meanwhile..

I went to ulta and asked one of the workers and she got me Dermablend caramel beige color for my skin.

She put on some for me and it made my redness go away but i havent fully covered my face yet. I felt the creme and its so hard.

She also told me to get Ulta Beauty wedges for applying and blending make up. Here are my questions:

The wedges has a pointy side and a flat side..Which side do i use?

I dont have any brushes or stuff.

If you use Dermablend, give me tips to cover and make it look natural.

When covering my acne marks, do i go all out and cover it completely? The lady said i could put on a second layer.

Don't say it sucks or somthing and tell me to buy something else, im 16 and dont wanna waste money on more products,etc.

Here are what i have: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2251298&productId=xlsImpprod4710021&navAction=push&navCount=1&categoryId=cat970007&CPMID=CSGGLE&CAWELAID=1587476209

My dermablend : http://www.skinstore.com/p-7040-dermablend-cover-creme-caramel-beige.aspx

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/12/2014 8:18 am

i dont wear makeup anymore, but when i did years ago i used those throw away cosmetic sponges. What someone recommended to me was take it and rip it in half down the middle so the fat end and the skinny end are on different parts now. If you look at the part where you ripped it in half it should be a little bumpy. I was told its the best to use that part because it gives the most natural coverage. Also dont forgot to put it under water and ring out the water before you apply your makeup with it. :)

MemberMember
(@messy1)

Posted : 10/14/2014 4:06 pm

i dont wear makeup anymore, but when i did years ago i used those throw away cosmetic sponges. What someone recommended to me was take it and rip it in half down the middle so the fat end and the skinny end are on different parts now. If you look at the part where you ripped it in half it should be a little bumpy. I was told its the best to use that part because it gives the most natural coverage. Also dont forgot to put it under water and ring out the water before you apply your makeup with it.

Hey! I listened to you and it works great and the cover creme matches my skin perfectly, it doesnt even look like i have anything on my face!

But In the afternoon some of my blemishes are slightly visible? The make up wears off but not alot..How do i get it to last longer?

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 10/16/2014 9:07 pm

i dont wear makeup anymore, but when i did years ago i used those throw away cosmetic sponges. What someone recommended to me was take it and rip it in half down the middle so the fat end and the skinny end are on different parts now. If you look at the part where you ripped it in half it should be a little bumpy. I was told its the best to use that part because it gives the most natural coverage. Also dont forgot to put it under water and ring out the water before you apply your makeup with it.

Hey! I listened to you and it works great and the cover creme matches my skin perfectly, it doesnt even look like i have anything on my face!

But In the afternoon some of my blemishes are slightly visible? The make up wears off but not alot..How do i get it to last longer?

Yeah thats normal for makeup to breakdown like that after a long day. There are primers you could use before putting the makeup on but those usually are a no no for acne prone skin- i found they are very chemically and pore clogging. Mhhhhhhh.... throughout the day i feel everyone gets oil-yer and that makes the makeup split, crease and wear off. Try getting those makeup blotting sheets and half way throughout the day use one on your face to get rid of the excess oil and that may prolong the wear.