Notifications
Clear all

Elliott Hulse Saved My Life

MemberMember
(@whatchusay)

Posted : 10/11/2014 12:14 pm

Please check out his videos, they'll help you immensely! He has a great mindset and teaches a philosophy that I, myself look up to.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/12/2014 10:24 am

No, they don't help me. His advice is useless for people suffering from mental disorders. He is a stranger in his own world. He doesn't understand that having a mental disorder is not a choice. It grows under influence of the environment.

MemberMember
(@whatchusay)

Posted : 10/12/2014 11:50 pm

Ultimately, you decide how you feel. The environment can greatly influence your decision, but in the end, you are the commander. Mental disorders can be fixed. Isn't evolution sufficient evidence to prove that things change over time? Adaptation is the key element. We've learned in our past through our own ideas to let ourselves be capsized because it's our safezone. He is not the only one with this theory. There are many others, including Miguel Ruiz with "The Four Agreements" just as one example, along with Robert Greene's "Mastery." Do not let yourself dissolve in a perpetual hell. There is a brilliance in all of us!

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/13/2014 4:31 am

Ultimately, you decide how you feel. The environment can greatly influence your decision, but in the end, you are the commander. Mental disorders can be fixed. Isn't evolution sufficient evidence to prove that things change over time? Adaptation is the key element. We've learned in our past through our own ideas to let ourselves be capsized because it's our safezone. He is not the only one with this theory. There are many others, including Miguel Ruiz with "The Four Agreements" just as one example, along with Robert Greene's "Mastery." Do not let yourself dissolve in a perpetual hell. There is a brilliance in all of us!

Free will does not exist. Some mental disorders cannot be fixed. Also, they may worsen over time. There are disorders that fit in the category of "learning to live with it". Evolution has nothing to do with it. You are just as a stranger in your own world as he is. My advice is to learn about the nature of mental disorders.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 10/13/2014 7:48 pm

No, they don't help me. His advice is useless for people suffering from mental disorders. He is a stranger in his own world. He doesn't understand that having a mental disorder is not a choice. It grows under influence of the environment.

So what mental disorder do you claim to be suffering from? Is it self diagnosed?

There are treatment places around the country and you can voluntarily admit yourself if you should ever feel the need. Your outlook and attitude is only perpetuating your own mood and beliefs. It appears you need to break that cycle.

MemberMember
(@whatchusay)

Posted : 10/13/2014 9:45 pm

How is it possible for it to worsen but not improve? And the so called "disorder" you fit in with "learning to live with it" doesn't sound like a disorder at all, and even if it is, that's a lot better than not being able to live with it. Also, since him and I share the same ideology, doesn't that mean we're not strangers living in two different worlds? That doesn't make much sense at all.

Mental disorders can be fixed.

You need a better education.

You need a better mindset. How people think isn't completely scientific, it's based off of experiences and genetics.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/14/2014 4:43 am

So what mental disorder do you claim to be suffering from? Is it self diagnosed?

There are treatment places around the country and you can voluntarily admit yourself if you should ever feel the need. Your outlook and attitude is only perpetuating your own mood and beliefs. It appears you need to break that cycle.

I have been diagnosed with cluster A personality disorders, primarily schizoid with paranoid features. I have a formal diagnosis made by a centre for psychiatry. There is no known treatment that works well for me. There is also no medicine. I live in a psychiatric hospital.

How is it possible for it to worsen but not improve? And the so called "disorder" you fit in with "learning to live with it" doesn't sound like a disorder at all, and even if it is, that's a lot better than not being able to live with it. Also, since him and I share the same ideology, doesn't that mean we're not strangers living in two different worlds? That doesn't make much sense at all.

>

Mental disorders can be fixed.

You need a better education.

You need a better mindset. How people think isn't completely scientific, it's based off of experiences and genetics.

It has been observed that my kind of disorders can worsen over time. I experience that myself first-hand. It is a disorder in the way that my very own personality prevents me from functioning. I am not sure I can live with it. The reason why I live in the hospital is because I have had a total crash in life and to see how much I can learn to live with it.

I did not say that your world is different from his.

MemberMember
(@whatchusay)

Posted : 10/14/2014 8:31 pm

You said "your own world" which by definition means apart from anyone else's

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/15/2014 4:23 am

You said "your own world" which by definition means apart from anyone else's

No, an overlap is not excluded. The world you live in can be the entire world. In fact, I am now part of the world you live in. It has nothing to do with ownership. I am not using the word "own" that way.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 10/15/2014 8:21 am

I suffered my entire life from obsessive-compulsive disorder and being oversensitive so I can assure you at least in my case it's something integrated into my genes, And if someone claims that he has the ability to help by repeating a certain combination of words (You're not as unworthy or helpless as you think you're) Is just a pretension even if his intentions are good and admirable no one can go deep enough through your soul to persuade you into thinking otherwise. That's not the case with everyone though It's completely understandable that you may have found relief and comfort in listening to someone who tries to convince you by reason it's fascinating actually and I don't mean in anyway that we are more sophisticated or anything because we don't get persuaded by the same method it's just that people are different in every sense of the word.

A particular solution to your issue might be nerve-wracking to somebody else even if your problems are identical.

MemberMember
(@whatchusay)

Posted : 10/15/2014 2:13 pm

No, an overlap is not excluded. The world you live in can be the entire world. In fact, I am now part of the world you live in. It has nothing to do with ownership. I am not using the word "own" that way.

Idk though... he has over 1 million subscribers just on one of his channels, meaning he has quite the influence on many people other than myself. We are by no means "in our own world." rather we actually have established that there is power behind Elliott's word. You are definitely hinting at a point to describe him as distant or different, when in fact there's evidence proving that he is not. Let's take a look at what's truly happening here. I made a thread saying that his videos will help people, and that they've helped me, and all I'm seeing is negativity because you don't agree with him. He never said anything to harm anyone. This is primarily focused on improvement, and if you can't handle that, then don't reply. Simple as that.

MemberMember
(@alexanderj86)

Posted : 10/15/2014 7:18 pm

Idk though... he has over 1 million subscribers just on one of his channels, meaning he has quite the influence on many people other than myself. We are by no means "in our own world." rather we actually have established that there is power behind Elliott's word. You are definitely hinting at a point to describe him as distant or different, when in fact there's evidence proving that he is not. Let's take a look at what's truly happening here. I made a thread saying that his videos will help people, and that they've helped me, and all I'm seeing is negativity because you don't agree with him. He never said anything to harm anyone. This is primarily focused on improvement, and if you can't handle that, then don't reply. Simple as that.

I am willing to believe his intentions are good and that you get something out of what he says. That he has influence is okay. However, his influence may not be good for everyone and what he says can be wrong. He is a human being and therefore fallible. I personally feel that I am not negative, but I admit that I am sceptical. I am allowed to disagree with other people and I am allowed to post here. That is not against the rules.

What I actually meant with "stranger in his own world" is that he is not wise. He has zero knowledge about mental disorders and what he says is evidence for that.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 10/15/2014 8:04 pm

What's the deal with the hostility guys did you forget what section this is and why we are here for ? There is no need to be strict about anything it all comes down to various perspectives why would anyone deny him the right to believe that a certain person has the ability to influence his mindset positively.

@whatchusay You didn't have to enforce your experience on everybody else, Once again I know that your intention were good because he helped you and you felt obligated to share this with others because you thought that he will have the same positive influence on everybody else but I'm sorry I listened to him before and many others even talked to a therapist but talking about my problems hasn't been able to diminish my disorders at all (Zero effect).

The fact he has 1 million subscriber doesn't mean anything, Humanity throughout the course of ancient and modern history have been convinced of so many things that turned out to be just a myth like the earth is flat and that it's the the center of the universe and all of that has been proven wrong so if the vast majority agrees on something in a certain period that doesn't mean it's true, Yes he might be able to make some people feel better and open their eyes to things they have never considered but picturing him as the savior who is able to save human lives by just talking to them isn't quite an accurate judgement for everyone because if he isn't able to offer someone like me who suffered his entire life of mental disorders a concrete solution he and others have no right to judge me by saying that I can overcome anything that may befall me by positive thinking things doesn't work that way and if he is an influential person like that who tries to help others he will probably be effective and tug those into the right track again who have the same mindset as him not necessarily everybody.

MemberMember
(@sethrose)

Posted : 10/29/2014 1:26 pm

Hmmm I've never seen so much anti-Hulse sentiment in one place :)

I personally love his videos. I'm into fitness and therefore find many of his videos applicable. For those who don't like what he has to say that is completely fine, but I think many people on here could find his videos helpful, which was the intent of the OP.

MemberMember
(@khaled91)

Posted : 10/30/2014 7:25 am

Hmmm I've never seen so much anti-Hulse sentiment in one place

I personally love his videos. I'm into fitness and therefore find many of his videos applicable. For those who don't like what he has to say that is completely fine, but I think many people on here could find his videos helpful, which was the intent of the OP.

I personally don't hold any grudge against him obviously what he's doing is helpful for other people and as I said no one has the right to deny anybody from thinking that way.

It's just that our disbelief derives its strength from seeing these kinds of videos with absolutely zero effect, Thus I start thinking to myself "Omg I've sought so many of these videos and articles claiming to have massive impact on my negative mentality yet I feel awful because now that It didn't influence me in any substantial manner another belief starts to generate that no one will ever be able to be influential enough to the point that makes me have a positive mindset about my mental disorders or insecurities"

Having said that, Nothing makes me happier than seeing other people mentally shifting their conceptions about aspects they thought are what made them unsatisfied with their lives.

MemberMember
(@marbleartist)

Posted : 11/06/2014 1:37 am

I do not agree with everything Elliott Hulse says, but I love his attitude. One of the best I have seen in anyone. It is that sheer confidence, determination, and wisdom that will accomplish things. I have taken a lot from what he has said in the past.