Notifications
Clear all

I Absolutely Cannot Live With My Teen Acne Anymore.

MemberMember
(@electra-heart)

Posted : 10/10/2014 5:07 pm

I'm pretty much having a breakdown here. My skin has never, ever been this bad in my entire life. Let me tell you a bit about my skincare routine and how my skin is.

My skin is very sensitive and very dry. I have had acne for the past 6 years now and it's been absolutely horrible, because no one (and I literally mean no one) else in my school had it, and remarks such as "just get proactive" would be made, and whenever a girl complained about having the occasional pimple, it made me feel horrible and I wanted to melt away because I knew I didn't just have the occasional pimple. I had it to the point where my entire forehead was covered.

But it didn't stop there. Now it's literally made it's way to everywhere on my face, rather than just my forehead as it was up until this year. I cannot make it stop. I have tried almost every product that you can imagine, along with expensive prescription treatments such as tazorac (I think that's what it's called?) and Clindamyacin (Also a guess, I'm horrible at sounding things out.) Acne doesn't really run in my family. Neither of my parents ever break out, except for occasionally. I can't remember what it feels like to look in the mirror and not hate my skin. I take such good care of it, I don't over wash it, use products that will dry it out, I exfoliate once a week, and for years I've tried just about every remedy that has been given to me without any success.

It has now gotten to the point where I do not want to leave the house and will make excuses to postpone events, hoping that my skin will get better. We are having a halloween party on halloween, and I cannot bear to show my face to my whole family, none of which dealing with the acne that I'm dealing with. I can't go see a dermatologist. I cannot purchase any products. I have tried everything from chemicals-I-can't-pronounce to 100% natural. My diet is great, and I'm a vegan. I drink plenty of water and get an average amount of exercise. I change my sheets and pillowcases every other night, and keep my hair pulled back and out of my face. I almost never wear makeup. I never touch my face, never sleep with makeup on, and never apply any product to my face or touch it without freshly washed hands. I use a moisturizer, facial wash, and toner. The different kinds I've tried are piling up. I've tried each one, sticking to it for a few weeks to see if I can truly get results. Anything that provides me with immediate results is simply temporary, only to flare up badly a week or so later.

I cannot live like this.

MemberMember
(@420blazeitfgt)

Posted : 10/11/2014 4:02 am

Sounds like you should look into accutane

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 10/11/2014 7:02 am

do you have any pictures?

& why cant you buy products?

MemberMember
(@iamnolegendatall)

Posted : 10/11/2014 5:11 pm

Can't really help you... the only thing I can say is that you're not alone. What you just explained is pretty much ny life as well. I'm a 17 year old guy who does everything when it comes to skin care by the book. I dont overwash, pick on them too much, eat unhealthy etc etc. Still; no result.

We are in this god forsaken boat together, and none of us should or will give in. Things will get better. :)

MemberMember
(@lz12354)

Posted : 10/11/2014 6:37 pm

I absolutely know how you feel. I am 23, have had acne for 7 years and I do everything I can to take care of my skin. I am a vegetarian, I exercise, wash twice daily, change my pillows, drink loads of water, don't drink alcohol or smoke but still my skin is bad.

People who never have spots don't understand anything about acne but they are always the first to point out when you're skin is looking bad. I am always getting close to clear skin and then I break out again which is the most frustrating thing. I also put off going out, seeing people, pretend I'm ill sometimes when my skin is really bad. I went through a bad period last year when I didn't want to leave the house.

I've tried everything, even the regimen for a year and a half, so now I have just started accutane. (Isotretinoin) and I'm hoping Ill see some results.

Why can't you see a dermatologist? They're not miracle workers though so they'll probably just prescribe accutane but that might be your next option if everything else has failed.

MemberMember
(@ballen)

Posted : 10/12/2014 1:14 am

I had very severe acne. I don't know how bad my acne is now and I don't wanna find out.
There are tons of possible reasons for your acne. I have adult acne; I don't know why. It takes time figuring this out, but in the meantime this is all I'm doing:

3 times a week:

Apply regular hemp seed oil. (Hemp seed oil is 'special'. It also very moisturizing for the right reasons.).

Wait 5 min. Wash it off.

Apply Acne.org's AHA+.

Wait an hour.

Apply hemp seed oil again.

My skin looked terrible, to the point of what I thought were no return, now it's getting better.

It couldn't take any more topical's, but I knew I needed it for acne not to return.

This actually makes it stronger.

I get about 2-3 pimples a week. Which is nothing for me. I would have my face full, if I did nothing.

Also, I take hemp seed oil as a supplement. I don't know if this is necessary. I think it's the best supplement of omega acids in correlation to modern human food consumption.

Of course I take a regular multivitamin. One thing that helps me, is to not let my face touch anything when I sleep/ I sleep on my back.

MemberMember
(@pasteluniverse)

Posted : 03/23/2016 6:21 pm

Hello, I'm a teen aswell suffering from acne. My acne may not be as severe as its only around my T zone and spreading to my cheeks. But I've started a regimen called the caveman regimen I know it sounds bad, but it's basically not washing your face with anything but water if needed. You should google It. It's been 8 days with this regimen for me. I had a small breakout recently but I believe it's because of my recent stress, my skin tone seems to be more even and my skin looks healthier. Aswell as my chin looks less red and inflamed. This regimen is on trial for me so I'll see how it goes